Chapter Twenty Three 🌹

Yibo furiously opened the guest room door. Zhan quickly stood up from sitting on the dresser. But he step stopped when he saw the anger on Yibo's face.

"W-who came?" Zhan asked.

"My visitor happened to be Alen Fang." Yibo was still fuming with anger. Zhan's eyes flicker, adding to Yibo's anger.

"Oh, yes. I called him yesterday because...I asked him to pick me up this morning, Yibo."

"Well, sad to say, you and your boyfriend won't get any alimony from me, Zhan, because-"

"Alimony?" Zhan asked confusedly.

"Don't play innocent!" Yibo snapped. "So you want nothing from me but freedom, huh?"

"That's the truth," Zhan said. "That's why I'm here. I told you, didn't I?"

"Right! Fifteen million worth of freedom. Is that in dollars or pesos?" Yibo taunted angrily. Zhan opened his mouth to protest but Yibo raised his hand. "Don't lie. Your boyfriend admitted that you agreed to ask me for fifteen million!"

"Fifteen million!" Zhan exclaimed.

"You won't get a cent from me, Zhan! Not a red cent!" Yibo said angrily. "And I almost believed you when you said you were not interested in my money. When you said you had a job, I immediately forgot that for more than three years you were spending my money."

"That's not true!" Zhan refused. He thought that Yibo was referring to the income of the ranch that Wang Quiren redeemed. "The little income from the ranch is just enough to pay real property taxes. And if there's anything left from it, it goes to Lulu's trust!"

"Who cares about that damn ranch!" Yibo shouted making Zhan back away slightly. "I'm talking about my own money being sent to you every month by the WQC branch in Texas for your allowance because that's what Dad and Mom want to happen!"

"But that money is-"

"Not enough?" Yibo was quick. He stated a dollar amount that is actually much larger than the normal salary of an American executive. "And not enough for you? And as far as I could remember I instructed the branch to increase your allowance annually. So, by now, your allowance must have reached heaven high!"

Zhan shook his head in confusion. And before he could explain, Yibo speak again.

"You stay in this house, Zhan, and now I'm going to get your things from Haoxuan's house," he added.

Zhan eyes widened. "No, Yibo. I-I can't stay here."

"We're not talking about what you want. You will stay here until I think about what should be right for us both!"

"Why are you messing up the situation? I can't stay here with you, you know that" Zhan said confusedly. "Alen will—"

"Dammit, Zhan!" Yibo said in a voice that, although not strong, made Zhan gasp. His eyes in cold fury. "You are still my husband! You even announced it to the world. I will not allow you to taint my name by meeting with your lover!"

"But-" Zhan wanted to protest the word "taint" but Yibo cut him off again.

"Shut up! I don't care what you do in Colorado but not here in China. Do not start a scandal, Xiao Zhan. Wang Quiren had already broken his rule when he married me to you! And for the life of me, I do not understand_"

"What rules?" Zhan asked confusedly.

Yibo gave him a deadly look. "That his sons would only marry decent ones, poor or otherwise! But Wang Quiren didn't know that you are everything but decent." Yibo's voice would have cut diamonds. "Little did he know that he married his youngest son to a w-" Yibo couldn't finish what he said, Zhan slapped him hard on his right face.

Yibo's instinct moved for him. In an instant he grabbed Zhan, caught his arms and pinned him in midair. And in an instant again, Zhan found himself being raised from the floor and sitting on top of the chest of drawers.

"You little viper!" Yibo's voice rough with anger as he growled in Zhan's ears. "Don't do it again, Zhan. Because if you want to get physical-I can easily oblige you."

Zhan was not a violent person, and he was slow to anger. He doesn't remember hurting any animals. As a horse breaker, he does not believe in using the whip. But a mixture of animal satisfaction and regret filled him. Satisfaction, because this arrogant man had insulted him several times. Regret, because his slap really got stronger and Yibo's face turned red. And he felt fear.

"W-will you hit me back?" Zhan stupidly asked.

Zhan knew Wang Yibo wouldn't stand by meekly and let anyone slap him. But Zhan also couldn't believe that Yibo would strike back.

Suddenly, Yibo eyes gleamed in amusement. He palms his aching face. "You know the answer to that, Zhan, and you deliberately took advantage that I don't."

"What you said was hitting me below the belt, Wang Yibo," Zhan accused.

The amusement suddenly disappeared from Yibo's eyes. He released Zhan's hands that were already hurting from his tight grip.

"Alright, I apologize," Yibo said in an emotionless tone. Zhan is not sure if Yibo is sincere. "But as my husband, I am expecting you to behave like a Wang!"

Yibo had left the room and Zhan was still on top of the chest of drawers. He didn't even admit that Yibo had a reason. It was true that he and Alen were not doing anything immoral, not that Alen didn't force it, but that Zhan couldn't do it while still married to Yibo. Not to mention Haoxuan's interference every time he finds out he's dating.

In America no one knew that he was married and not a few young men tried to be associated with him. Others have pure intentions. He only gave Alen a chance to get close, who after all was the oldest among all his suitors. Thirteen years age gap is the mark for him. He thinks Alen is responsible and mature. And Alen also treats his younger sister well and Alen doesn't care about if Lulu stays with them when they get married.

That prompted him to write to Yibo to talk. In the second letter, he casually talked about his desire for annulment. But like his previous letter, Yibo didn't pay attention to it either.

And now he could not be sure what the outcome would be. Even if the annulment would come from his side, it would not be approved if Yibo did not agree.