Chapter Thirty 🌹

"Are you all right, Yibo?" Wang Quiren to his son.

Yibo suddenly looked up to see all the men at the conference room looking at him. Even his father secretary who was taking minutes of the meeting had questioning eyes.

"During the three-day meeting it was as if you were not yourself," continued Quireno when his son did not answer. "Are you sick or something?"

Yibo looked at the board members again. The reactions on their faces were different, others were amusement, and he was sure that if there was nothing important to talk about, they would be teasing him. The elderly have a look of concern on their faces.

"It's hot, Dad," Yibo said and looked at the air conditioning. At that time, the people around who were all wearing shirts, if not long sleeves and ties, laughed.

"Then I guess you're sick, son," replied Quiren o fatly. "We're freezing here, 'then you say you're hot. Anyway, you are excused to step out of the room if you're not feeling well," he said and turned to the meeting people and brought the conversation back to the topic. Quiren glanced at his son for a moment who didn't need a second repulsion and quickly left the conference room.

Yibo was about to enter his office when the elevator opened, and Zhao Fei came out who immediately smiled when she saw him.

"Oh, hi," she greeted. "Is the meeting over?" She gently clung to his arm.

"They're still inside, Zhao Fei, with your daddy," he answered and stepped towards the private room with the girl. The door was closed when Zhao Fei passionately kissed him.

"I miss you, lover boy," she said when she released his lips. "You've been neglecting me for four days now." it was left with a soft accusation. "You promised to dine me out when you got back from Villa Wang. If it wasn't for the meeting, I would have thought you spent the night at Villa Wang." she said mixed with a little jealousy in her voice.

"I was tired when I arrived, Zhao Fei." he excused himself and he sat down in the long sofa instead of the executive chair and loosened his necktie. The girl helped him there. And it deliberately stuck its body to him. Strange, but he couldn't feel anything else since they hadn't been out for almost a month.

He leaned back on the sofa and closed his eyes.

"Are you all right, Yibo?" asked the girl with her eyebrows frowning. He opened his eyes and gave her a faint smile. "With consecutive meetings for three days, I'm burned out, Zhao Fei..."

The girl nodded in agreement. She opened a few buttons of Yibo's polo shirt and played his chest with her soft palm.

"Yeah. We haven't been out-of-town in over three weeks, honey. Why don't we do that to recharge? Uncle Quiren is there, right?"

He removed her hands and sighed. "Zhao Fei, my husband is here. How can I do what you say?" he answered calmly.

"My husband," Zhao Fei gently exclaimed and stared at him intently. "Have I detected possessiveness there?" asked Zhao Fei in sarcastic tone.

"C'mon-"

"According to you, you've been married for more than three years and that never bothered you. Why now, Yibo?"

"My husband is here in China, Zhao Fei," he answered impatiently. "What do you think I should do, ignore Zhan's presence?"

The girl gave him a searching look. Then opened her bag and took out the cigarette and lit it. Blew the smoke ceiling ward and looked at Yibo again.

"You said he wants an annulment, give it to him, Yibo, fast. Your lawyers can do that even if he just returns to Colorado immediately."

Yibo took a long time to answer. Then met the girl's gaze. "I have no wish to annul my marriage, Zhao Fei," he said calmly.

The girl's eyes widened. "What?"

Yibo stood up and went to the desk and picked up the intercom and called the secretary.

"Try to get through Haoxuan. I want to talk to him again."

"What are you talking about, Yibo?" Zhao Fei continued standing up. "How about us? What about our plans? What I told the media about our plans to get married?"

"Zhao Fei," he sighed. He looked at the pious woman in front of him. The epitome of beauty and elegance. Just like all his other women. And all of a sudden, he got tired of them all. He sat up straight and continued. "In the on-set of our relationship, I never give promises I can't make. I am a married man. I never confirmed nor denied the rumors.

"And that about your media ad, honey." he uttered the endearment sarcastically. "That was your own doing, so suffer the consequences," he said ruthlessly.

"Until something can be done, the Wang's do not break their marriages, or I would have done it a long time ago," he added.

Zhao Fei wanted to protest, get angry and curse the man. But Yibo is not the one who cares at such outbursts of a woman. In addition to that, she is nervous that it will be the reason for the end of their relationship. And she has no intention of ending their relationship, whether he is married or not.

Zhan is not the kind Wang Yibo would want to be with. That Amerisian wasn't his type. Unsophisticated and young. And she is sure that Yibo didn't want to marry him. He was only bound by family honor and traditions.

She sighed and approached Yibo. Curled his hair around her fingers seductively. "I'll be around, honey, I'll wait for your problem with your... husband to end."

"Zhao Fei, I don't you think it will end-"

The girl covered his mouth with her finger. "Don't say anything. You are hurting me, Yibo...."

"C'mon, Zhao Fei," said Yibo shaking his head, not knowing whether to smile or be irritated.

"This isn't like you. I always believe that ours is good while it lasts."

"You can't get me out of your life that easily, lover boy." she kissed the Yibo on the lips. "I'll call you. I know your mind is messed up because of the arrival of Zhan and what happened during WQC's busy week."