Chapter Seventeen 🌹

Early the next day, Zhan was at WQC. He wouldn't have been there if he had talked to Yibo at the Wang's house last night. But according to the maids, the man does not go home there but to his house. When he asked for the phone number, the maids did not give it to him.

"Good morning," Zhan greeted the receptionist, using her American accent. "Where can I find Mr. Wang Yibo's office..."

The receptionist and the telephone operator looked at each other. So were some guests who were there at the reception who were probably waiting for an executive.

"I'm afraid Mr. Wang hasn't arrived yet, Sir," the receptionist answered politely. "He's usually in at ten. And you're thirty minutes early."

"But I saw his car at the parking area," he insisted. He didn't know Yibo's car but there was an Evisu Audi sports car parked in the parking space with his name on it. One of the most expensive luxury cars.

The two women looked at each other. The receptionist dialed and a few moments later someone spoke.

"Girl, someone was looking for your boss here.

Shall I let him go there?" she said glancing at Zhan. "As usual, what else? This one is brunette." She said the last words in a low voice although Zhan was sure of her own inability to understand Mandari. "Okay," she hung up the telephone-intercom.

"Do you have an appointment, Sir?" she turned to him.

He shook his head. "N-no. But I'm sure Yibo will see me..." he answered hesitantly. It is not certain if he will talk to him if the basis is his anger at marrying him and Yibo not answering the two letters Zhan sent him.

Just then, the two women smiled meaningfully at the same time. "I am very sorry, Sir, but Mr. Wang won't see you unless you have an appointment with him today. He's kinda busy and his meeting with the staff will start ten minutes from now."

Zhan straightened himself up and was sure from the determination on the receptionist's face that he wouldn't even be to go at Yibo's office. He tried to hold back his irritation and raised his face.

"I don't think I need an appointment to see my husband, Miss. Dial his secretary and tell her that Mr. Wang Xiao Zhan would like to see her boss!"

The two women inhaled at the same time, and before Zhan can understand what had happened, a camera flashed in his face followed by another. The receptionist hurriedly dialled back upstairs as the two reporters quickly circled Zhan.

Girl, listen carefully," the receptionist looked at Zhan, turning his face away from the cameras. "The brunette below says he is Mr. Navarro's husband... yes!" The receptionist waited on the interphone for a few moments.

Zhan was bombarded with questions from reporters.

"Excuse me, Sir... what did you say your name is?" a man who earlier he knew was sitting on the long sofa for the guest. "And did you say you are Mr. Wang Yibo...?" He raised the camera again and took a picture of him that suddenly confused him.

"Oh, please..."

"It was rumoured three years ago that Wang Yibo secretly married a family friend. Is it true?" a reporter asked.

"Sir..." the receptionist, holding the phone although her hand was covering the mouthpiece.

"Mr. Wang wants to know your full name..."

Annoyed, Zhan stepped closer and took the phone from the shocked woman. "Hello..."

"Hello," the deep and husky voice from the other line.