Last Chapter 🌹🌹🌹

Yibo went in the door of the hospital suite, in his arms are a bunch of blue roses.

"Hi," he greeted his husband with a smile. The flowers were placed at the bedside. He picked up a stem of rosebud and handed it to Zhan. "For the mother of my son and the man I love so much..."

Zhan giggled though brought the rose to his nose and smelled it. "You're corny." then seriously looked up at his husband, whose eyes lovingly gazed at him. "Do you really love me, Yibo?"

"I have my lifetime to prove it, Wang Zhan," Yibo whispered huskily. He took the stem of the rose from his husband's hand and touched it to his lips.

"Even though I don't have the qualities you look for?" Zhan teased gently.

"I was a fool to think there was a yardstick in love." Zhan opened her mouth to speak but Yibo speak again. "No, I don't think so." he let out a deep breath.

"Years ago, I fell in love with Yang Mi, with so many reasons to justify my feelings. She represented my ideal woman, the kind of woman I put in my head as being like my mother. I hated you and my father because I don' t want being manipulated. But when I saw you again when you entered my office door, hesitant, and yet with a smile so tender, I was lost.

"My heart was captured and before I know what hit me, my soul surrendered." Yibo smiled wickedly as he quoted a line from a song. "Can't help falling in love with my husband. And when I started to think what made me fall in love with you..." Yibo shook his head smiling. "Strange, but I couldn't find one single reason that would come first in my mind. No reasons, no yardstick. I fell in love with you because you are you, my own Wang Xiao Zhan. I love everything about you."

Zhan's chest was overflowing with love for this man. "I love you, too, Yibo. Must have loved you all along only didn't realize it. Perhaps because I knew I was the exact opposite of the woman you loved. I silently hated it when you said at the field that I tanned beautifully." His face turned red as he thought about what happened in the field that afternoon. "I thought you were trying to compare me with Yang Mi..."

"Yang Mi is a dear friend, sweetheart. I got over my feelings for her a long time ago." Yibo looked at his face, his eyes lingered on his lips. "No lips have excited me as much as yours did. And I was never jealous of Mark Chao like I was insanely jealous of Alen and my own father that I almost went out of my mind, especially when you said you loved Dad."

"Not the same as you think, Yibo..."

"I know," Yibo whispered. "Dad told me. You had this childish crush on him and you saw in him what Uncle Fengmian denied you and almost wished he was your own father." Yibo cursed jokingly while shaking his head. "He planned it all, just to make me jealous to test my feelings..." Yibo bent down and gently claimed his lips. Then he pulled something out of his pants pocket and handed it to his husband.

"Hmm..." Zhan said smiling and excitedly opened it. "Oh!" he exclaimed softly. There were two rings. A tiffany with a bluish diamond that sparkled in the light of the hospital light and a simple gold band ring with an embedded single stone.

"The other one is an engagement ring. I owe you one," Yibo smiled sheepishly and took the ring from him and put it on his left ring finger. "The other is our wedding ring. I also have one similar to that. In three weeks', time, sweetheart, we will be married again. Anywhere you want and we will invite the whole world. Get well soon and choose your wedding gown. Let's rush it. I already have asked Haoxuan to bring Lulu home here as a flower girl..."

Zhan was speechless. What could he say? His eyes glistened with tears. He sniffed and shrugged his

shoulders.

"Well," he said matter of factly. "I'm glad you had the sense of repeating our vows. I really hated the way you said your 'I do' then, as if you will sign my death sentence. I hope you will say the vow with feelings this time..."

Yibo's loud laughter echoed in the room.

🌹 🌹 🌹 🌹 🌹 🌹 🌹

The Wang couple who had been outside the room did not continue to enter. They've decided to check on the newborn grandson in the nursery who, although healthy, they decided to put him in the incubator.

"Do you believe me now, darling?" Quiren smiled at his wife. Carmen shrugged her shoulders in agreement. "I saw many things about myself in Yibo,. He adored you and you are his yardstick in choosing a life partner. You pampered that son of yours too much so Yibo thinks you are the epitome of perfection..."

Carmen rolled her eyes. "I pampered and loved all my children, Wang Quiren. And I pampered you, too!" Quiren let out a laugh and hug his wife. "And hopefully this where your interference in the lives of your children ends..."

A meaningful smile appeared on Wang Quiren's lips.

THE END.......... 🌹🌹🌹