Chapter Thirty Six 🌹

Zhao Fei looks at Yibo and at the two people in the room. The girl's eyebrows rose slightly. She smiled and she cleared her throat that made the two turns at the door.

"Oh, there you are, Yibo," said Quiren and let go of his hold on Zhan. "I'll take Zhan back to Beijing and—"

"Back to Beijing?" Yibo's voice rose. Staring at his husband with burning eyes.

"Two or three days," continued Quiren, ignoring his son's tone. "He'll be back. I'll bring him back here too. Your husband will just have to take care of something." Quiren look to his son-in-law wearing walking shorts and a loose shirt. "Are you wearing that, Zhan?"

"I-I'll change," Zhan said and quickly left the room.

"I'll wait for you in the chopper, Zhan. Don't be late and I have an appointment this afternoon," Quiren added.

Yibo followed his husband to his room while Zhao Fei continued to her room.

"Let's talk," Yibo said roughly while Zhan's looking for something to wear.

"Talk about what?" Zhan said in a high voice. "You must be kidding? You've been ignoring me for the past days, then now you say let's talk?" Yibo held his arm tightly. "What are you going to do in Beijing?"

"I want to talk to Alen!" Zhan snapped. "He has a right to know where I am and-"

"Then there's no need to leave," Yibo quickly calmed his voice. "Your boyfriend wasn't as noble as you thought him to be, Zhan."

Zhan eyebrows were pressed together. "Of course. You are very good at judging people, aren't you? I should know, I am one of your victims," ​​he said sarcastically. For a fleeting moment he thought he saw Yibo wince.

Yibo took a deep breath. "I talked to Haoxuan and had him investigated and-"

"You're investigating Alen!" Zhan couldn't believe what he heard.

"I have to. I may not agree to annulment, but I cannot force you to cohabit with me if you want to return to Colorado. And it is my obligation to protect my husband from unscrupulous men."

"I don't believe this!" Zhan raised her hands in frustration. "You haven't worried about me in the past three years, 'then you say you're protecting me from the-"

"That's in the past, Zhan," Yibo snapped. "And I cannot undo what I did." somehow Zhan could hear regret in his husband's voice or maybe he just heard it. "The important thing is now. And Alen wants nothing from you but the ranch you will inherit, thinking that your father left it under your name..."

"Damn you, Yibo!"

"He did the same to his first two wives, Zhan,"

Yibo continued to ignore the glared from his eyes. "His first wife died mysteriously, and Alen inherited her wealth. His second wife divorced him, and he settled with a fat alimony. You can give Haoxuan a call if you don't want to believe me."

Zhan was stunned and speechless. If Yibo ordered Haoxuan to investigate, then his cousin wouldn't lie no matter how he disliked Alen Fang. Zhan wanted to cry out of anger and self-pity. But he couldn't show self-pity in front of this man. He squared his shoulder and raised his chin.

"Well, I seemed to have this luck to involve myself with men who only want to use me." Zhan met his husband's eyes. "Charles used me to get back at you, Alen thought I was rich." he smiled bitterly. "And you used my body for your sexual pleasures..." he saw that Yibo was about to speak and quickly added: "and don't dare deny that, Wang Yibo!"

Yibo raised his hand to touch him but quickly Zhan dodged. "I will still go back to Beijing with Dad," Zhan said in false calm.

"You are not leaving this ranch, Zhan," Yibo said firmly.

Zhan raised an eyebrow. "Really? Then go and argue with your father, Wang Yibo..." Yibo turned around and cursed. Then face him again. "You're my husband, dammit! And I don't need to ask anyone's permission to keep you here!"

"Go ahead then and show your two guests how you fight with your father," Zhan challenged.

Yibo's face was red with anger. "I'll haul you back and you can bet on that!" Zhan gave Yibo a sarcastic smile. "I believe in you. But don't bother, because I promised Dad to come back here after two days. If not, I don't really care if I never see you again, Wang Yibo!" Zhan said and left him in the room.

Yibo's gaze followed his husband with overwhelming and confused emotions. Zhao Fei speaks from behind him.

"I hate to ask this, honey, but is Uncle Quiren really that intimate with his son-in-law?"

Yibo's eyes narrowed as he turned to the girl. "What are you insinuating, Zhao Fei?" he asked dangerously.

"Relax, Yibo. I mean no harm," she said matter-of-factly. "I don't really know Zhan. Maybe he's just really close to your dad."

Yibo didn't answer, but his chest is full ofannoyance.