Chapter Nineteen 🌹

Yibo focused on the few freckles scattered on the bridge of Zhan's nose and found himself fascinated by it. He raised his hand and gently caressed it.

Zhan moved, Yibo quickly removed his hand. "Hmm..." Zhan opened his eyes in confusion. "Y-Yibo..." he murmured huskily.

"Sorry," he whispered. "I got tied up..."

"With a woman?" he sleepily teased, also whispering. A faint smile curved his lips. And Yibo was stunned by himself for wanting to bend and kiss his soft mouth.

All his life, there were only two instances that he felt a sudden urge to kiss someone. The only difference is, he'd really kissed Yang Mi then. While he was determined not to do that to Zhan now. Which is really strange because he has every right to kiss him. Zhan was his husband.

He cleared his throat and explained without thinking. "I didn't mean to meet Yang Mi and her husband Mark Chao at the club..."

Yangmi.

Zhan finally woke up. "Oh, that's okay. I know how you feel for her..."

Yibo's eyebrows met. "Who told you that?" Asked Yibo.

"Sshh... you'll wake her," Zhan said and looked to the little girl before looking up to Yibo again. "And weren't your feelings for her a common knowledge?" he added in response to Yibo's question.

Yibo didn't answer that. Instead, he glanced at his niece and gently touched her hair.

"Why is this brat here?"

Zhan smiled. "I like children. And Zoucheng and Ziyi were here this evening and-"

"Never mind," Yibo cut what Zhan was going to say. "Knowing my sister's curiosity, I wouldn't be surprised. I'll assume then that I am forgiven for not making it to dinner since they occupied your time anyway." He stood up and walked towards the door. "Go back to sleep, Zhan."