Chapter Thirty Five 🌹

Zhan was at the window looking at the two who had just arrived from the tour out of the entire ranch. Yibo got off his horse first and then reached Zhao Fei on her horse.

He saw the girl's pretend to loss her balance and the deliberately embrace Yibo. Zhan also saw how the girl reached out to her husband to kiss him on the lips and then laughed.

He pulled down the curtain and leaned against the window. What's wrong with him? Why does the sight he has seen seem to cause him pain?

Naturally, he's your husband, the other side of his mind. Zhan shook his head. He shouldn't feel that way. Having sex with her husband did not guarantee that their relationship would be normal. In fact, he doesn't know where he stands.

"Let's both satisfy the curiosity we have for each other, Xiao Zhan." Isn't that what Yibo told him at his house? Curiosity. That was all there was to it. Yibo used the fact that they were legally married as a license for their lovemaking. And he allowed it. Wantonly enjoyed and longed for it if truth be told.

He let out a sigh and left the room. In the hallway he passed Quiren's open room.

"Can I come in?" Zhan asked.

"Sure, Zhan, come in," said Quiren and pointed to the settee. Stopped buttoning the polo shirt. "Do you need anything?"

"I want to go back to Beijing with you, Dad," he said. Quiren's eyebrows met there. "Did you and Yibo talk about that?"

Zhan sighed wearily. "You know I love it here, Dad. But you know the circumstances of me being here. Yibo thought I'd create a scandal if I continued to see Alen."

"Which is understandable," Quiren answered neutrally. "You are married to my son, Xiao Zhan..."

"Thanks to you. My life's miserable," he said sarcastically in a whisper. Quiren smiled silently.

"I'm sure Yibo doesn't want you to leave the ranch. Why don't you talk it over with him?"

"I don't care what he wants," Zhan said mildly. "He doesn't even want to talk about it. And he wouldn't agree to an annulment. And, Dad, it may not be right, but it is my obligation to inform Alen formally about us."

"Do you really have to talk to him?" There was a warning in Quiren's voice as he stared intently at his son-in-law. "I can't go against my son's wishes for you to stay here especially and the reason you're going to Beijing is to talk to that man."

"Dad, please, you knew me better than that," Zhan pleaded. "Alen and I planned to marry because we expected Yibo to agree to the annulment considering the circumstances of our marriage. And I just couldn't disappear, could I?"

Quiren didn't answer for a long time. He took a deep breath and approached his son-in-law. "Very well, I'll take you back to Beijing now.

But as soon as you talk to Alen Fang, I'll bring you back to the ranch."

Zhan smiled and hugged his father-in-law. "Thank you, Dad..."

"But promise me one thing, Zhan, just this once,..."

🌹 🌹 🌹 🌹 🌹 🌹 🌹 🌹 🌹 🌹 🌹 🌹

"That was exhilarating, honey." Zhao Fei holding the Yibo's waist while climbing the stairs. "I never thought I'd enjoy horseback riding..."

"Well, I'm glad you enjoyed today, Zhao Fei," Yibo said with a smile.

Crossing the hallway to a guest room where the girl was staying. "I hope your dad didn't get lost. We parted ways..."

"Dad won't be lost here, Yibo," Zhao Fei answered with a laugh. "He's with your staff, isn't he?"

Before Yibo's can reply, he was stopped with what he saw in his father' bedroom open door. His father's hand is in Zhan's waist while he closes the buttons one by one on Quiren's polo shirt.