Chapter Thirty Nine 🌹

It was past five afternoon when Yibo and Zhao Fei arrived at WQC.

Also gone is Quiren who employees say he left the office early. Yibo called the mansion, but he wasn't there, and neither was Zhan, who according to the maids had stayed there in the mansion. Yibo burst into suppressed anger as he takes Zhao Fei to her condo.

"Aren't you going inside first?" Zhao Fei encouraged him when they were at the lobby.

"I still have a lot to do, Zhao Fie," he answered impatiently. "See you..." after saying that he drives his sports car quickly.

The calm on Zhao Fei's face disappeared and her eyes narrowed as she followed the sight of Yibo's car.

🌹 🌹 🌹 🌹 🌹 🌹 🌹 🌹

"Why are you still awake?" Quiren asked the butler when he and Zhan entered the mansion.

"Eh, sir, Sir Yibo told me to call him as soon as you arrive." The maid glanced sharply at Zhan who stopped walking up the stairs.

"Is Yibo here in Beijing?" Zhan asked and the maid. For three nights he and Quiren did nothing but eat out and go to the disco. And he was so happy being with him. But he also can't deny that he misses Yibo.

"Yes, Sir," the maid answered and turned to Quire again. "Shall I call him, sir?"

"Go to sleep," Quiren ordered. "It's late and Yibo must be asleep. We'll talk tomorrow." The maid nodded and walked away.

Quire followed his son-in-law in the stairs. Silently admiring the beautiful man who is slightly ahead of him. Young and beautiful.

He was secretly thankful that Carmen was abroad. It was a blessing in disguise that Yifei gave birth two days before Grandma Lujin died. He didn't want his wife here. Not these days. He was glad for the three days he and Zhan were together. He had never felt younger.

And how must he feel when he learned that Zhan had a crush on when he was sixteen? That he adored and loved him? He even confessed to him that he kept his photographs. A satisfied smile appeared on his lips.

"Well, I'm glad Yibo is here," Zhan told him, make Quiren look up. "I don't need to go back to the ranch, Dad,"

Zhan continued in a heavy voice. "We will talk and then I will arrange my ticket back to Colorado."

Quiren just nodded. They were upstairs when he heard the sound of the phone in the master bedroom itself. "That must be your husband using my private line." He hurried to the room and opened the door.

Quiren picked up the phone at six rings.

🌹 🌹 🌹 🌹 🌹 🌹 🌹 🌹 🌹

Yibo glanced at the large watch on the minibar. It's half past twelve at midnight. Jaws clenched with anger. He also drank a lot. He made several calls to his father's house to find out if he and Zhan had returned home. But the maids gave the same answer: The two are not there yet. He also ordered to call him as soon as they arrived. But at this point in time, the servants must be asleep.

Carrying the glass of wine he walk towards the phone and dialed the number in his father's room. Two rings for someone to lift.

"Hello..." Zhan yawned slightly.

Yibo's brows furrowed and the attempt to speak caught in his throat.

"Hello... who is this?" Zhan repeated and looked at Quiren who was entering the bathroom and stopped walking. He said hello again but no one answered. "The line is open but no one answers but I can hear his breathing," he said to his father-in-law.

"Some prank calls, darling," answered Quiren, the corner of his lip rising in a slight smile. "Put it down and get to sleep."

Zhan shrugged and returned the receiver to the cradle. Yibo threw the phone against the wall. His chest heaved with rage. He could kill someone in that moment!

His husband is in his father's room! How did Wang Quiren do this? Why not? Remember Linran? Who knows what really happened many years ago?

He feels like he cannot breathe. He can't believe that his father could do this kind of betrayal, not only to him but most of all to Carmen. And Zhan? Can he really do that?

Didn't Zhan admit to him himself that he would choose Quiren ten times more than him? How many times has he caught the admiring looks that Zhan gives his father? How many times has he reached them in an uncompromising situation? And how will Zhan explain the album full of photos and accomplishments of Wang Quiren?

Didn't the servants say that it was always midnight when the two of them came home for the past three days?

Dammit, but Zhan was a virgin!

Who cares? Zhan didn't really want to give himself to him. Yibo could give Zhan credit for fighting him hard and let himself be seduced in the end. And he and Quiren didn't have a chance until Carmen left the country and Grandma Lujin died.

He took his car keys and hurried out. No matter what he finds out in the mansion he will make sure he gets Zhan out of there. Carmen may call at any time, and he couldn't imagine what would happen to his mother the moment she became suspicious. He will never forgive Wang Quiren.

It was one o'clock in the morning and there were almost no cars on the street. His Evisu Audi is rocking the road. He doesn't even notice the stoplights. Intense anger clouded his mind along with the alcohol he consumed.

He was close to the intersection when he saw two morning vendors gently pushing a cart with their merchandise across the road.

"Son_ _of_ _a_ _bitch!" Yibo mumbled as he returned his eyes on the street. His grip on the steering wheel tightened. And for the first time in his life, fear suddenly rises in his chest. And he couldn't hit the break, he was driving too fast, and the sports car was bound to overturn. While approaching the intersection, he tried to lower the speed gradually.

When his car was only a few meters away from vendor last cart, Yibo turned the steering wheel to the right and back to avoid them. His car swerved around the intersection while his speed gradually decreased. A car from the intersection suddenly appeared and although it was not fast, it still hit the rear of his sports car. It went over the ramp while Yibo's Evisu Audi went up the island. Yibo took the risk and hit the break and at the same time the air bag went off, the left side of his car hood hit the electrical pole.

Yibo felt like the world had stopped spinning and it gradually moved as if from a long sleep. He tried to open his heavy eyes and hands up to remove the air bag.

 He tried to open his heavy eyes and hands up to remove the air bag