Chapter 635: The Gong family and Tianhao

"What? You can't find Bai Shanshan?!" Xiao Lingyu was obviously surprised when she heard this. The person who reported to her was someone from the court.

"Yes, Bai Shanshan is nowhere to be found. I don't know where she is hiding," the person said. "Ms. Xiao..."

Xiao Lingyu nodded. "Okay, I got it. Thank you for coming over to tell me."

After that, Xiao Lingyu invited them to have dinner at home.

The people from the court did not refuse. As long as Bai Shanshan didn't change her name, they'd eventually find her. Since the people from the court couldn't find her, there was a high possibility that she had gone into hiding. But as long as Xiao Lingyu didn't withdraw the lawsuit, she'd be summoned the moment she appeared. She would see how long this Bai Shanshan could hide.

After the people from the court left, Gong Yinxiong frowned and said in confusion, "They can't find Bai Shanshan? The court should have sent the subpoena to the Bai Family. Could it be that the Bai family is hiding her?

"But the Bai Family wouldn't be so stupid."

"The Bai Family?" Xiao Lingyu didn't really understand the situation in the capital, so she naturally didn't know the Bai Family. Of course, the others present didn't understand either.

Gong Yingxiong said, "The Bai family used to be an ordinary family in a small county. But after Bai Lianhua of the Bai family married Gong Jianjun, with the power of the Gong family, they rose step by step from an ordinary family in a small county to a third-rate family in the capital."

Xiao Lingyu asked in confusion, "What is the relationship between Gong Jianjun and the Gong Family?"

The Gong family that she knew were grandfather gong and Gong Tianhao. She didn't know anything about the other members of the Gong family.

Gong Xiong thought for a moment and explained, "Sister-in-law, grandfather has a younger brother named Gong Qi. Second Elder Gong's eldest son is Gong Jianjun. Bai Lianhua is the eldest daughter-in-law of Second Elder Gong."

Xiao Lingyu asked curiously, "Grandfather Gong and Second Elder Gong are brothers, so they should be close. But why haven't I heard grandfather and Tianhao mention them before? They didn't even inform them of our marriage."

Gong Yinxiong shook his head very seriously and said, "If Second Elder Gong didn't do those things, or if he really treated the old master as his elder brother, then, of course, their relationship would be close." At this point, he paused for a moment and said, "That's not right. Let's put it this way. Before the old master came to Taoyuan Village, the old master and Second Elder Gong were quite close."

Everyone and Xiao Lingyu, "..."

"Oh, that's not right. It's the old master who thought that his relationship with Second Elder Gong was quite good."

Everyone was even more confused. "..."

Aren't they brothers? But based on what Gong Yinxiong said...

Xiao Lingyu asked directly, "What do you mean?"

Gong Yinxiong sighed and said, "Sister-in-law, you should know that when Tianhao was three years old, his parents passed away unexpectedly, right?"

Xiao Lingyu nodded.

"The Gong family has always been a small family. After Tianhao's parents passed away, the main branch only had the old master and the young master, an elder and a child. Old Master Gong held a high position, and Tianhao was still young. The power and wealth of the Gong family made people envious.