Chapter 738: Doubt

Probably no one in the capital would have thought that the first day the Gong family welcomed the return of their young madam, they would also get rid of the second branch. The second branch was extended from Old Master Gong's blood brother, but they were gone just like that.

Furthermore, it was Gong Tianhao who did it personally. Old Master Gong didn't say anything to stop it. The meaning was quite clear.

Many people immediately understood that the Gong family was helping the new young madam and the heir of the main branch by removing the dangerous obstacles.

After all, the reason why the Gong family's second branch was eyeing the Gong family covetously was that the Gong family was small.

Hence, when Gong Tianhao was young, they secretly tried to kill him.

When Gong Tianhao grew up, there were rumors that Gong Tianhao won't get married. But if he didn't get married, how would the main branch get its official heir?

However, someone had to inherit the huge Gong family. As the second branch, they naturally assumed that they would be the inheritor. However, Old Master Gong had been alive for too long. The second branch was made to wait for too long. They were unsatisfied and wanted to claim power as soon as possible. The second branch had the belief that the Gong Family would eventually be theirs, so what if they did certain things to get the power sooner rather than later?

Hence, they kept expanding their ambitions and greed. They kept trying to get their hands on things that did not belong to them. That was why they were unscrupulous in dealing with Gong Tianhao time and time again.

However, one day, the main branch suddenly announced that they had a new young madam and an heir.

What did this mean?

This meant that the second branch wouldn't inherit the Gong Family.

In order to stop that, the second branch had to resort to unscrupulous means to secretly take down the new young madam and heir. They needed to murder the young madam to prevent her from giving birth to more heirs...

The second branch had to get rid of the root of the problem.

Therefore, even though Gong Tianhao viewed the second branch as clowns, and they were not a threat to him, Gong Tianhao had people he needed to protect. He had to be more careful now that he had a wife and child. He needed to clean up anything that might pose a threat to his family and leave a safe and comfortable environment for his wife and child.

However...

"Gong Tianhao is too heartless!" Many people saw on the news that the Gong family's second branch collapsed in an instant. When they saw that it was Gong Tianhao who ordered it, apart from being shocked, they were stunned by Gong Tianhao's ruthlessness.

The second branch of the Gong family was such a large family. The second old master of the Gong family had four sons. Every son had sons and daughters. Compared to the gong family, which only had a pair of grandfather and grandson, the number of people in the second branch was huge. Including the daughters-in-law, there were around 60 to 70 people. This did not include those illegitimate children.

Such a large family clan was dispersed with a single order from Gong Tianhao. Those who had done illegal stuff were arrested, and others were chased away. As for the children, they were either taken in by their relatives or sent directly to the orphanage by Gong Tianhao.

However, there was one exception.

That was Gong Qi, Gong Zhen's younger brother.

Gong Tianhao announced to the public that since his second grandfather had saved his grandfather's life, he would take care of him until his death. He would live in the best villa, eat the best food, and use the best things.