Chapter 698: Face-smacking

As soon as Xiao Letong finished speaking, the scene became terrifyingly quiet.

Very quickly, what followed was a wave of embarrassment. It was already bad to say bad things behind someone's back. But to say them right before them? It was a really shameful moment.

Someone awkwardly coughed to ease their embarrassment.

When Weng Jingjing heard that the old man behind Xiao Letong was Gong Tianhao's grandfather, her mind went blank.

Weng Jingjing had never seen Old Master Gong before, so she didn't know. She was too focused on Xiao Letong to notice the old man. She was told to find Old Master Gong and gain favor with him. It would make things much easier. Old Master Gong was close to the Xiao Family, so her job was to get close to him and sow discord.

Unexpectedly, she had already unknowingly offended him. As a result, the atmosphere was awkward and stiff. She said some horrible things about him and was caught red-handed. What should she do now? For a moment, Weng Jingjing couldn't think of any countermeasures.

At that moment, the child continued. The child's crisp voice seemed to have turned into a demonic sound, piercing and eye-catching.

Xiao Letong laughed and said, "And let me introduce myself. My surname is Gong too. This is my great-grandfather."

Xiao Letong's words once again silenced the scene!

The crowd was caught badmouthing the child who was standing before them!

"Auntie, look at me. I'm already so old. Even if there was a misunderstanding that led to your separation, it would have happened a long time ago, wouldn't you agree?" Xiao Letong said very seriously, "You said that you two were in love when you were in university. My father was 18 when he graduated from university. But this year, he's already 31.

"Come to think of it. The misunderstanding was more than a decade ago. Auntie, you didn't send any news for the past decade. Do you want him to wait for you for ten years?"

Xiao Letong deliberately emphasized his last sentence.

When the surrounding tourists heard this, their expressions immediately became strange. 'So the separation happened that long ago? It has been more than ten years?! So many things can happen in ten years.

'Even if there was a misunderstanding back then, the woman had plenty of time to explain it. So why would she wait for him to get married and have children before coming back to explain the misunderstanding?

'Plus, in the story, she said that it was the man's grandfather who forced their separation. However, the grandfather was standing there, and she couldn't even recognize him. Clearly, her story isn't that believable.'

"If you really love this man, and there is a misunderstanding behind your separation, hasn't the past ten years been enough for you to explain it?" Xiao Letong's words were sharp, "There was no news of you, but now you decided to appear when he's married. It is very suspicious. I suspect that you are here to destroy our family!"

Weng Jingjing knew that Xiao Lingyu's son, Xiao Letong, was different from other children. This child's intelligence was close to that of a demon, and he was sharp-tongued.

However, she did not expect this child to be so smart and sharp-tongued. Every word he said was logical and overbearing.

Weng Jingjing opened her mouth, not knowing how to refute.

However, she didn't even need to because her face was the biggest weapon. She didn't need to do anything, and people would stand up for her.

"Hey, I don't agree with what you said," a man with a pointy mouth and a face full of pimples said indignantly, "Many things can happen in more than ten years, but it's obvious that the reason why they broke up was that the man didn't trust her.