Chapter 779: Traditional Delicacies in the Countryside

After New Year's Eve, it was the new year!

The children received many big red packets. Every adult in the family gave them a red packet. Then, when the villagers saw them, they would also give them a red packet. The amount of money didn't matter, and it was the intention that counted.

Xiao Letong, Xiao Ling, and Rourou, Lulu were almost buried under the Red Packet Mountain.

Xiao Letong opened these red envelopes and said happily, "Wow, the New Year's money received this year has already reached 100,000 RMB. Hehe."

The few children received about the same amount.

If it weren't for Xiao Lingyu's insistence that the children couldn't have too much money, the adults probably would have given them a bigger red packet. The money would have been more than a million.

Even with the warning from Xiao Lingyu, the adults loved Xiao Letong very much. Normally, they didn't know how to express it, so now, they showed their love through the red packet.

Every single one of them gave a few thousand or more.

Even the villagers and other relatives and friends gave at least 300 to 500 RMB.

With all these added up, the money surpassed 100,000 easily.

Old Master Gong sneaked into Xiao Letong's room. "Tong Tong, can I come in?"

"Yes, Great-grandfather!" Xiao Letong ran over to open the door for Old Master Gong. "Great-grandfather, please come in!"

Seeing that the four children were in the small room, Old Master Gong took out four red packets, one for each of them.

Xiao Ling held the red packet in her hand and asked in puzzlement, "Great-grandfather, haven't you already given us a red packet?"

"Shh!" Old Master Gong reached out a finger to stop Xiao Ling from speaking. Then, he said very carefully, "This is the extra red packet that I gave you behind Tong Tong's mother's back. Don't let your parents find out about this, okay?"

The four children's eyes lit up, and they immediately nodded in agreement. "Okay!"

Old Master Gong looked at the red packets that filled the bed and said with a smile, "Then you guys continue counting the red packets. Great-grandfather will be leaving." Old Master Gong left quietly and even closed the door carefully.

The moment he left, the children exclaimed happily, "Wow, we have red packets again!"

The happiest thing for children was to open the red packets during the New Year.

The four children immediately opened the red packets and saw dozens of hundreds inside. They immediately poured them out and counted.

"One, two... ten, one, two... ten..."

Rourou said happily, "6666! So much money!" They had never received such a large red packet before.

Lulu looked at the money and was actually very happy in her heart.

But...

Lulu asked with some worry, "Tong Tong, auntie said that we shouldn't take red packets that have too much money from the adults. However, great-grandfather's red packet definitely has a lot of money. If Auntie knew, would she be unhappy?"

Rourou's happy little face suddenly changed. She said very seriously, "Tong Tong, great-grandfather, and the others have already given us red packets. Great-grandfather gave us an extra red packet. Is this..."

Before Rourou could finish her words, there was another knock on the door.

Xiao Ling ran over and opened the door. When he saw Grandpa Xiao standing outside, he immediately called out in confusion, "Great-grandfather!"