Chapter 774: Name Change

Everyone from both families had gathered.

During the meal, third aunt Xiao couldn't help but ask excitedly, "Tianhao, Shuo 'Er told me about the chance that he could study abroad."

Gong Tianhao nodded and said, "Yes, Shuo 'Er has the qualifications to study abroad. Furthermore, he is good at his studies. Shuo 'Er also said that he wanted to study at HF University. As long as he passed the TOEFL test, there would be no problem for him to enter HF University."

In the past, the best university third uncle and third aunt Xiao had heard of was Imperial Capital. However, after doing business for the past few years, their knowledge had widened. Therefore, they had heard of HF University too. The HF University in the M Nation was the top university in the world. If their son could attend that university, they would be very happy.

However, the couple looked at their son carefully. Their expressions were not very confident. Could their son really be able to get into HF university?

Xiao Lingshuo noticed his parents' expressions and said confidently, "Mom, don't worry. Brother-in-law said that with my results, it wouldn't be a problem for me to get into HF University."

After hearing that, third uncle and third aunt Xiao turned to look at Gong Tianhao.

Gong Tianhao nodded and said, "There shouldn't be much of a problem with Shuo 'Er's test results, but the biggest issue is English. However, third uncle and third aunt, don't worry. I'll get a professional teacher to help Shuo 'Er!"

Third uncle and third aunt Xiao immediately said gratefully, "Tianhao, thank you so much!"

In the past, they had always hoped that Xiao Lingshuo would be able to enter a normal university. Later, when they saw that his results were good, they had always hoped that he would be able to enter Imperial University like Xiao Lingye.

If it weren't for Gong Tianhao's words, they would never have thought of letting their child study abroad.

Old Master Gong smiled and said, "It's not bad to study abroad. It's good to broaden your horizons."

The others echoed, "That's right. Since you can study abroad, you should take the chance!"

"Shuo 'Er, you have to work hard. Don't be arrogant and complacent. Don't disappoint your brother-in-law, understand?" Grandpa Xiao said sternly.

"Yes, Grandpa, I will definitely work hard!" Xiao Lingshuo said sincerely.

"Shuo 'Er, you can do it!"

The others all cheered Xiao Lingshuo on. At this moment, Xiao Xiaohui suddenly said loudly, "Dad, Mom, I want to change my name. I want to enter university too!"

When Xiao Xiaohui shouted this, everyone quieted down first. Then, Fourth Aunt Xiao said, "Son, what did you say? Do you want to enter a university?"

The children of the Xiao family were very good at studying. The only exception was her son. Whenever he was told to read, he would doze off. During classes, He went up to the trees to catch birds and went down to the river to catch fish. He was full of energy.

The couple had done everything they could to make sure that Xiao Xiaohui would study, but it was to no avail. They had already given up hope. If he didn't want to study, then so be it. Anyway, as long as the child lived a peaceful life, it would be fine.

But suddenly, the child suddenly expressed the idea of going to university. This made the couple so excited that they almost burst into tears.

Xiao Xiaohui said very seriously, "Dad, Mom, I want to change my name. Big sister is called Xiao Lingyu, second sister is called Xiao Lingyun, third brother is called Xiao Lingye, fourth brother is called Xiao Lingshuo, and only I am called Xiao Xiaohui. Their names have the word 'ling', so I must be an oddity. Everyone has good studies except for me. Therefore, I've decided to change my name, and I'm now called Xiao Linghui. I think that after I change my name, I'll definitely study hard, and I'll definitely be able to get into university in the future!"