Chapter 645: Detective Xiao Letong

Xiao Lingyu and Father Xiao rushed to the county hospital with the child.

The child's life was in danger, and the town hospital did not have the ability to save him. In a moment when no one was watching, Xiao Lingyu dripped three drops of spring water into the child's mouth.

Xiao Ling said that these three drops of spiritual spring water could alleviate some of the effects of sleeping pills so that the child would not lose his life during the rush to the hospital.

Father Xiao looked at the cold child and asked, "Yu 'Er, will the child be alright?"

Xiao Lingyu drove the car and shook her head. "I don't know either. He should be fine."

Since she had found the child, she could not watch the child die. She would feel guilty.

The village chief who came with them said worriedly, "How many sleeping pills did they give the child? That pair of parents are really ruthless!" At this point, he asked with some doubt, "Could this child really be abducted by that couple?"

Father Xiao glanced at the unconscious child and said, "I don't think so. Look, this child's facial features are 70-80% similar to that man's. It should be his biological child."

The village chief was even more puzzled as he said, "That's strange. Since it's his biological child, how could he be so ruthless? They clearly treated the two younger children very well!"

The two children were white and plump, with soft skin and tender flesh. It was obvious that they were well-nourished.

On the other hand, this child didn't even look like he was ten. He was not tall and was only skin and bones. There was not a trace of muscle, and his skin was dark. It was obvious that he was malnourished.

What was even more infuriating was that this child had injuries all over his body, both old and new. There were whiplash marks, pinching marks, palm marks, and all sorts of marks.

"This child was practically abused as he was brought up, wasn't he?" The village chief looked at the child with pity.

Father Xiao suddenly thought of a problem and said, "Yu 'Er, you said that you called the police, right?"

Xiao Lingyu nodded and said, "Yes, I called the police. They should be there now."

At this moment, Father Xiao said, "Shouldn't we tell the police that we're bringing the child to the hospital?"

"..." Xiao Lingyu thought for a moment and said, "We should!" After all, the main victim was this child. The police would be tracking him.

"Should we call them now?" Father Xiao frowned.

Xiao Lingyu said, "When the police are done at the village, they will naturally rush to the hospital."

The village chief said, "Yu 'Er, how did you find out that there was something wrong with the parents? You called the police the moment you found the child."

If it were them, they wouldn't connect it to abuse. They would think the child was injured when he was missing.

Xiao Lingyu said, "The couple did not look for the child immediately after he went missing. This is point one.

"The woman said we'd find a corpse before we even started looking. That's point two.

"Point three, they kept asking for compensation.

"These three points clearly do not match the anxiety of normal parents who have a missing child. Also, when I found the child, I discovered that he was covered in injuries, and his size didn't match a child his age. I immediately thought that the couple wanted to use the child to extort money.