Broken trust

I walked back home and I saw Tom sitting on the couch waiting for me. "Where were you?" He asked coldly, "I just went for a walk" I smiled, I didn't want him to know what happened with Scarlett.

I don't know what he would do or say to her, he stood up and walked over to me, "just for a walk?" I quickly nodded, "then why do you have two guns? Did you kill someone?" I saw a smirk appear on his face.

"What? No! Tom you know I would never kill anyone" "why do you have blood on your hand?" He reached for my hand but I pulled it away.

"Raven what's-" suddenly, the door flew open and Scarlett stumbled, her face was covered in blood. I saw Tom's face of realization, I ran up to our room and locked the door.

Tom stayed with Scarlett and he yelled for Bill to go downstairs. I heard Bill run out of his room and Tom ran upstairs, "Raven open the door!" I started panicking, "fuck what do I do?"

Tom was now knocking aggressively, I finally decided to open the door and he walked in. "What happened? Is that really Scarlett's blood on your hand?" I looked him in the eyes and nodded.

"What happened?" "While you were in the shower I was getting ready and Scarlett walked in to ask me if I wanted to go for a walk and I agreed. We were in an alley and we played catch with a ball we had found, she threw it too hard so I missed it"

"I got up to get it and I heard a gun, I turned around to see Scarlett with it, she pointed it at me." I explained the rest and he looked pissed. "I didn't wanna say anything when I got back because I didn't know how you would react"

"Raven you have to tell me these kinds of things, I'm your boyfriend and I have to protect you" he caressed my cheek and I smiled.

He smiled back and kissed me on the forehead, "I'm gonna go talk to Bill, she might be making something up" "I don't think she will"

"Really? After how you told me she made you think she was really sorry and pulled out another gun? Trust me, she's gonna tell him something completely different"

He was right, she would actually say something very different from what happened. I just wish I would've never slept with Bill so me and Scarlett would still be friends. "Yeah you're right, thank you Tom"

"No problem" he smiled and left the room to talk to Bill. After a few minutes, Tom came back and laid with me on the bed. "Bill said he's gonna talk to Scarlett and he's sorry for what she did or tried to do"

"He doesn't have to apologize for something his girlfriend did" "I know, that's what I told him but he apologized anyway. Also, he wants to talk to you. I'm gonna be there too"

If I wouldn't have slept with Bill, we would be able to talk alone but now Tom doesn't trust us. I mean I don't blame him but we should still be able to talk alone.

"Tom nothing is gonna happen" "well duh, I'm gonna be there" I laughed and I kissed him.

Tom insisted on being there. I appreciated him being protective, but a part of me longed for a private conversation with Bill to clear the air.

Tom noticed my mixed emotions and gently reassured me, "Let's just hear what he has to say together, Alright?"

I nodded, We made our way downstairs to meet Bill, who appeared anxious. I could sense the tension in the air as we all sat down.

"Raven, I'm really sorry about what happened with Scarlett," Bill began, his voice filled with remorse. "I had no idea she would do something like that.

I appreciated Bill's sincerity, but I couldn't help feeling a pang of regret for the choices I had made. If only I hadn't gotten involved with him, perhaps things wouldn't have gone out of control.

Bill took a deep breath and recounted his version of events, which differed significantly from mine. It became clear that Scarlett was telling a different story, possibly to protect herself or manipulate the situation further.

I felt frustrated because Scarlett's deception only complicated things. I trusted her, I can't believe she would lie just to make herself look like the victim. I was really disappointed.