Chapter 27: First Match

Everybody in gym winced in unison as a sharp sound came over the intercom, the sound being the same as whenever a person puts a microphone to another microphone, the interference being unbearable for the short second it occurred. Luckily it ended quickly after everyone was silent, letting Monokuma's voice come over the intercom.

Monokuma: Will team's three and four take the field. You shall be today's first match. Reserve members remain on sidelines.

From beside you, your team mumbled, realizing that they were being called forward. Excited whispers breaking out as they slowly got up.

Komaru: Hey that's us!

Angie: I'm nervous.

Miu: Shut up you bitches and get out there!

Getting up your team's six active frontline players walked forward and stood on one half the gym floor. From your place on the sidelines, you and Miu waved your arms up high and cheered them on as they took field.

Y/n: Like go team go!

Miu: Kick their asses!

Both of your bouncing up and down as you fervently waved your Pom poms around sent yours and Miu's jiggling, distracting everybody in the gym as they zeroed in on you two. Your team on field watched and blushed as you both cheered them forward, but quickly tore their gaze away as Kanon pulled them into a group huddle.

Kanon (whisper): Ok team new plan, don't look at y/n and Miu.

Komaru (whisper): Aw why?

Sonia (whisper): Shouldn't we pay attention to them? They are trying their best to cheer us on.

Kanon: We are here to play dodgeball. Don't focus on our two cheerleaders, focus on the enemy's balls that there gonna gonna slap into your face.

Akane and Komaru broke out into snickering giggles, trying to suppress their laughter as Kanon looked at them in confusion. As she looked around though, Kanon saw that Sonia, Angie, and Mukuro were blushing heavily. Thinking about what may be the cause she reviewed her word choice.

Kanon: Oh oh, get your minds out of the gutters girls. Take this seriously.

Akane: I'd rather stay in the gutter, be happy taking those two with me, right Mukuro. Eh eh.

The busty Akane playfully elbowed Mukuro as the gestures over to you and Miu, who were just having fun goofing off and trying various cheerleader moves like the splits. Mukuro's eyes were transfixed on you as she watched your clothes flounce and body jiggle as Miu helped you perform a cartwheel. She only got her focus back as Kanon snapped her fingers in front of her face.

Kanon: Mukuro! Stop leading our girlfriend and get ready to murder ball the enemy! Eyes over there!

Kanon urgently pointed to the other end of the gym, where the other team had gotten there six starters prepped and ready. Arranged from left to right, the enemy consisted of Maki, Peko, Tenko, Junko, Kyoko, and Kaede with Kirumi and Mahiru acting as reserves off on the side. However it seemed like Mahiru didn't intend on playing at all judging by how she was setting up her cameras and video recorders. Mukuro's trained eye saw that at least half the cameras were pointed in your direction instead of on the field.

The other team was smirking as they stared Kanon and the others down, eyeing them like hyena do a wounded animal. Eventually their self appointed leader Junko stepped forward to speak.

Junko: Sup chumps, ready to get your daily pounding.

Akane: In your dreams blondie.

Junko: Nah, your not good enough for me, much less dream Junko.