Chapter 28: Second Match! Start?

Y/n's team quieted down shortly after Miu and Angie led her from the room to go find a new top to wear, and with the lack of their free ogling material everyone else began to settle in for the next match. Your team had dispersed among the remnants of Junko's team as they mingled and socialized, pairing off into groups such as Komaru joining Kirumi, Kaede, and oddly enough Seiko as they performed a supply run to fetch water bottles for the teams about to play.

The group of four was in the kitchen area loading up some water bottles into a basket as they conversed.

Kaede: You girls ever wonder where all the food comes from?

Kirumi: No, it's irrelevant for performing my duties.

Komaru: Wait Doesn't it come from here?

Kaede: No I meant where does all the food come from to get out in the kitchen? It seems like we've never had a shortage for the entire couple of months that we've been here, but we aren't actually rationing anything.

Komaru: Maybe we're just conscientious without knowing it.

Kirumi: Unlikely.

Komaru: Care to elaborate?

Kirumi: I have been assisting in food and drink preparation the entire time, and I've noticed that my counts of the school's larder is often contradicted by a large surplus every Monday morning.

Komaru and Kaede broke into giggles upon hearing the word larder. Komaru over exaggerating as she sounded out each syllable of the word.

Komaru:, LARDER. What does that mean?

Seiko: It's a synonym for pantry or food storage. And now that you mention it, I have noticed my supply cabinets do seem restocked every now and then.

Hearing the masked girl speak up, Kaede and Komaru turned to watch as Seiko suspiciously stood with her back to the group as she stood blocking their view of the refrigerator with the water bottles, taking her sweet time to hand each water bottle to the group to load into the basket.

Kirumi: We should only require one more for Celestia's team's basket, I'll put on a pot of tea for her.

Seiko Nodded and tossed a water bottle over to Komaru, who promptly filled in the last space of the basket with it.

Komaru: There we go, now for Team Monaca's basket.

Kaede: Why are we calling them team Celestia and team Monaca?

Seiko: It's best not to worry about it. And no need to fret, I have my basket loaded up already.

Pulling a basket filled with bottles from the fridge, Seiko eye smiled at the group as she began walking out. Komaru and Kaede exchanged brief glances before shrugging and following the group, leaving the concentrating Kirumi behind to finish the tea. They thought it was kinda weird that Seiko discreetly filled up her own basket, but then again they also didn't really care either so they didn't think about it to hard.

Kaede: So Seiko I've heard you were part of the in group so to speak, how is it?

Seiko: In group?

Kaede: You know, in with Y/n. Or in this context in her.

The pianist teasingly raised her eyebrows suggestively at Seiko, the masked girl blushing atomic red so brightly it was visible through the mask. She could barely croak out a nervous reply due to her embarrassment.

Seiko: Y, yes we're together, along with several others I'm involved romantically with Y/n.

Komaru: So how is it?