Junhui

He was spacing out, his mind stuck on something no one could see

"Hey?" A pat on his back brought him back to reality, his head jolted to the source and it was no one other than their leader "Is everything's alright?" He asked with a concerned look "You zoned out for a while there"

"Yeah I'm okay" Jun whispered his eyes falling somewhere behind Seungcheol ... unfocused

"Are you sure?" The leader put a hand over his friend's shoulder squeezing it a little

"I'm fine don't worry about me" ... "But probably you should worry about them" pointing at Seungkwan and Hoshi behind him about to choke each another

"Oh gosh SEUNGKWAN" the leader averted his attention to the two scolding Seungkwan for almost choking Hoshi "What's wrong with you two ..." he trailed off to separate the two while Jun chuckled and left the Leader to break yet another brotherly fight.

He just got back from China a couple of weeks ago and been feeling so lost ever since. Something about being home for a while made him feel a bit distant like he wanted to go back?
He missed his family even more now that he's seen them for a while and came back to Seoul.

He sighed.

Everyone seemed to be very busy and even when he wanted to talk, they usually get easily distracted. Just like now when Coups approached him and walked away less than a minute later when the boys started up trouble again.

He flopped on the sofa next to Joshua "Hi" Joshua greeted, he seemed to be in a good mood, a coffee mug in his hands
"Hi" Jun greeted back with a smile,

"Excited about the promotion?"

"I guess so, it's just another day's work I guess" Joshua was being honest and Jun nodded, they had a small conversation and Jun felt good talking to him. Maybe that's all he needed? Someone to talk to?

Unfortunately, it soon ended when they got called out. The shoot is starting and they had to be in position.

Another busy day, another photoshoot, another promotion and Jun was getting lost again. He wished he could finish the conversation he was having with Joshua earlier, as casual as it was, he really enjoyed it but he couldn't catch the boy after that. Either Jun was too busy or Joshua was too occupied.
There was no time nor opportunity and Jun simply let it go with a heavy feeling sitting on his chest.

At lunch, he shared a meal with Wonwoo, Woozi and Dino

"Where's your other half?" Dino asked teasing Wonwoo
"He's not my other half" Wonwoo threw Dino a death stare and Jun found it hilarious
"Whatever you say" Dino saved Wonwoo off "Where is he anyways?"

"I saw him go for hair and makeup again earlier" Wonwoo replied casually "Not sure where he is now"

Again, it was nothing but a casual conversation but Jun seemed to enjoy their company more than anything. Did he miss them that much? Did he miss just sitting with them and simply chatting about nothing?

He wasn't sure but there was this emptiness in his heart and being able to sit and talk like this seemed to fill it quite perfectly.

And soon enough, everyone was back to do whatever they were set to do.

Jun felt empty once again.

It wasn't until late that night, when they finally got home that Jun was able to take the time and sit with himself for a bit. It was late and everyone in the Performance team dorms was asleep except for Jun who was sitting in the dark living room looking through the window.
It was clear yet Cold night but Jun decided to take a walk outside and clear his mind a bit.

He was putting his shoes on when Minghao shuffled in the hallway on his way to the kitchen to get some water.
He was startled by Jun's silhouette sitting in the darkness and jumped a little.

He started speaking in Mandarin.
Something Jun really missed hearing.

"Geez your scared me" Minghao huffed and Jun laughed awkwardly "Sorry Hao"

"What are you doing up at this time?"

"It's nice outside so I thought I would take a walk"

"Now?" Minghao frowned, it surely seemed odd for Jun to do such a thing "Is everything okay?" He didn't hesitate to ask getting closer to the older

"Yeah, I just need to clear my head for a bit, nothing much, and it seemed nice outside so"

"Can I come?"

Jun looked up at the younger, he would actually love some company "Yes sure, but aren't you tired? You should be sleeping"

"So should you" Minghao was sassy like usual giving Jun a -so what- look and he chuckled at the sassiness but sure, he didn't mind Minghao coming with him.

They quickly put on some warm clothes and headed outside. The night breeze hit both their faces and while Minghao shivered a little, Jun took in a much needed deep breath.
The night was deep but the city was wide awake.

They walked around for a while and got some hot coffee on the way. It was cold but pleasant and they talked for a long time about nothing in particular but it surely meant a lot to Jun

"I miss talking to everyone like this" Jun finally confessed "And specifically talking to you in Mandarin, it reminds me of home like I never left"

Jun sipped on his coffee and Minghao noticed the change of tone, June seemed sad
"I miss home too" the younger confessed as well "But I feel like this is my home too"

"It is in a way of course, the boys and work"

Minghao looked up sensing something else was "But?"

Jun scoffed "But it's hard to keep up with everyone, we are usually too busy to even finish a conversation"

"True that" the younger agrees "But it's never a reason not to enjoy time together" ... "We can always find time ... just like right now"

"Yeah" Jun smiled "Right now is really a good time"

"I mean I wouldn't mind if it was during the daylight when it's less cold but ... it will do right?"

Jun laughed even more "Yeah it will have to do for now"

"But form now on just find us if you want to talk, I know it's hard but we will be there for you"

"I know, I know Coups won't hesitate to cancel everything if it came down to something"

Minghao nodded "I won't be surprised if he does actually and we can always find a way"

Jun nodded "I appreciate that"

"Anytime"