Hoshi

"SOONYOUNG"
Jeonghan called his name loudly across the dance practice room.

He was taken aback by the sudden change of mood and the way the younger's complexion dropped to a paper white shade.
Jeonghan kept an eye on him even though he said he was okay, Soonyoung continued to rub his temples from time to time and stopped to take deep breaths.

When his feet finally gave in and fell helplessly on the ground, everyone was startled to death.
Jeonghan was the first to reach him and soon, Seungcheol and Mingyu followed.
Jeonghan slowly turned him over and picked his head off the hard floor and immediately noticed the bump on his forehead. He fell head first and it's leaving a trace already.
Seungcheol wasted no time to call an ambulance and soon, Hoshi was taken to the hospital.
Dino watched in shock from a distance as it was only the four of them in the practice room that night.

Jeonghan had this suffocating feeling sitting at the top of his chest as they waited for the doctor to give them any information on Hoshi's condition.
"I knew something was wrong" he mumbled to himself leaning over to place a hand over his own chest as the suffocating feeling never left him "Why didn't I do something earlier?"

"Hannie please let's not do this, he will be okay I'm sure" Mingyu said helping Jeonghan to sit upwards again.
"I feel like I'm going to throw up" Jeonghan breathed in deeply

"No please, we need you here ... look" Mingyu drew Jeonghan's attention to Seungcheol, the leader was all over the place, filling up papers and talking on the phone and to the doctors and he was torn between informing the company and listening to the nurses. Dino was frozen standing in the same spot for the past hour or so not saying anything not doing anything.

Jeonghan took a deep breath again "Will you make sure Dino is okay? I'll be with Seungcheol"

Mingyu nodded and witnessed as the older stood up and joined a very tired looking leader.

They've there for about two hours merely waiting for an update. Things seemed to be getting better and calmer, Jeonghan focused once again and helping Seungcheol with whatever the hospital had requested. Soon, the doctor walked in asking for them.

"He's doing better now but we're keeping him under observation"
"His body is severely dehydrated and his fever is a sky high 40 degrees, we've been trying to bring it down since he got here, it's slowly subsiding but still there"
"Overall he's overworked and burned out, his breaths were too shallow we had to put him under a ventilator for the first hour but he's doing fine without it now"

"I can let you in but you can't stay for long, he's not awake yet and we can't risk anything right now"

Dino almost broke into tears right then and there, Mingyu's hands were trembling and their hearts were pounding like crazy. So afraid and so worried about Hoshi ... like how did this all happen?
How did they not notice?

Seungcheol blamed himself endlessly, his hands turning into fists and felt like his entire body was on fire. Not mad but embarrassed of how things turned out, what kind on a leader was he? He felt Jeonghan's warm presence by his side, take his hands and breaking his fists

"We will get through this and he'll be just fine" ... "It's nobody's fault okay?" He sounded calmer than ever but Seungcheol knew better than to believe that. He nodded, holding Jeonghan's hand tightly as they followed the doctor to go and see Hoshi.

What do you expect really?
He was lying there looking ever so small, shirtless for some reason and looked simply sleeping. Tubes stuck into his forearm, and some machine beeping slowly next to him. The doctor told them to be quick, they can't stay for long, they'll have to come back later once he wakes up but for now all they get is a quick visit.

Jeonghan dropped to his knees by Hoshi's hospital bed immediately going for his hand to hold. They were cold but his body was on fire, Seungcheol by his side while Dino and Mingyu a few steps behind them

"I'm so sorry buddy I should have stopped you when I knew something was wrong" Jeonghan's tears threatened to fall and Seungcheol patted his back softly eyes never leaving the paper pale boy in the bed.

"Rest well, we will be here when you wake up okay?" Jeonghan trailed off talking to Hoshi but knew that he won't be receiving any replies. They soon, stood up and left the room to let him rest
"I know that even if I tell you to go home, you guys won't, you can use our waiting room and we will update you once he wakes up"

Seungcheol nodded but soon sent Mingyu and Dino home "We will stay, Mingyu please take Dino home" he approached the Maknae for the first time since they got here "I'm sorry Dino" pulling him in a hug "Everything will be fine, go home and rest for now make sure everything is ready for when Hoshi comes home"

Needless to say it was a long night, Jeonghan struggled not to doze off on the waiting room chair while Seungcheol got really silent for a while.
It was already morning when the nurse came to find them. She said that he woke up a while ago and was feeling better, he asked for them and they couldn't wait to see him.

"His fever has gone since a few hours ago and he's still tired but I can reassure you that he's much better now"

Jeonghan nodded feeling his own heart about to burst as he continued to follow her through the hospital's hallways.

They finally walked in and Hoshi was sitting on the bed barely awake. He looked exhausted and as pale as earlier. Jeonghan run to his side with teary eyes "Hey" he tried to be as calm as possible falling right next to his side and soon Seungcheol did the same.

Hoshi smiled a little, he was panting still taking one breath at a time "Hi" he muttered barely above a whisper "I'm sorry" he continued but soon was shushed by the leader
"Nobody's sorry okay? Don't be, we just want to make sure you're alright"

Hoshi nodded weakly trying so hard not to cry right now. Everything hurt, every muscle was aching and his body was all clammy and sore. His fever making it hard for him to even breathe properly, sweating and slightly trembling. Hoshi felt like he had no control over his body anymore. He was burned out, and couldn't dare to even move on his own.

He chatted softly with Jeonghan for a bit just making sure that everything was okay. The doctor reassured him that he just needed a bit more time to heal and they'll take it from there. For now, he simply needed many fluids and a lot of rest which he promised he will be getting.

Seungcheol sat there by Hoshi's side watching him as he slowly fell back asleep. The IV in his arm was making him feel uncomfortable so the Leader was holding him in that weird position that Hoshi said it was somehow okay. Jeonghan dozed off on the chair near him and he thought he should send him home soon too.
He sighed feeling too broken about how he let this happen? He quickly wiped the tears that escaped him and soon reverted his attention back at Hoshi.

————-
I hope you like it ❤️
Requested by pink_hair_sunoo