Vernon

"Hi Vernon"
A soft voice called his name, the boy was still a bit traumatized and he appreciated the calm soothing voice.
He picked his head up and was greeted by a warm smile, the older seemed calmer than usual or maybe he forced himself to be for Vernon's sake.

It's been a long and difficult day, Vernon was panting and could hardly catch a breath. The airport was crowded and he was pushed over and over by cameramen and fans and up until he got into the car, everything was a bit blurry.

It's been a long day so the moment he got to the hotel he simply flopped on the waiting room sofa and was lost in his thoughts. Where's Wonwoo? He looked around, the older should be here somewhere with them, he was right behind him covering his ears from all the noise and hiding his face from all the cameras.
He spotted him somewhere in the corner with Mingyu facing him. The two were talking softly, mostly Mingyu and then Minghao joined them. Wonwoo soon buried his head into Mingyu and the two youngest hugged him tightly.

His focus was yet snatched back by another soft call "Vernon?"
He looked up again, Joshua was checking on him once again "Do you want to lay down maybe?" He asked all concerned but his voice still all calm and soothing

Vernon shook his head "No, but maybe Wonwoo should"

Joshua glanced over at the trio and smiled "I think Wonwoo will be okay" he smiled softly "Mingyu and Minghao are with him, you know how well those two are when it comes to Wonwoo"

Sure, Joshua was just calming him down, Wonwoo is fine, his anxiety isn't usually severe but today, it was bit out of control. All Wonwoo probably needed was to be taken away from all the chaos and simply have a few minutes to himself to calm down. Of course, Mingyu wouldn't just let him sit there all alone until he did and so he engulfed him in a tight and warm hug.

"How about you go to your room? Take a shower, change and rest for a bit? We have a busy day tomorrow"

Vernon simply nodded, he took Joshua's extended hand and stood up but before he left to his room, he stopped by Wonwoo who looked a lot calmer now. He sat next to him with Mingyu and Minghao still near by.

"How are you feeling?" Vernon asked and Wonwoo nodded "Better thanks"

"I'm glad"

"I didn't get to thank you though" Wonwoo suddenly remembered, he reached out to Vernon and held his arm "You were right in front of me and yet, you couldn't stop checking on me"

Vernon scoffed "I couldn't do anything though" ... "I couldn't reach you or help you, so don't know why you're thanking me"

Wonwoo shook his head "You kept an eye on me and when we got to the van you were the first who calmed me down"

Vernon smiled, a hand over Wonwoo's hand "The least I could do"

Wonwoo returned the smile but it was still obvious that the older was still tired

"Come on" came Minghao's voice "You need to rest and forget about this" the boy was right, these things happen and there was no use to hold on to it.
It's best if they put it behind them and moved on but deep down, everyone was just disappointed and exhausted including their fans.
"Both of you" Joshua suddenly added and they all started walking to their respective rooms.

The second he arrived, Vernon sighed deeply and simply covered his head with his blankets. All the memories came rushing into his head, but honestly? He doesn't remember much only that there was just so much noise and the crowd, being pushed left and right and Wonwoo a few feet behind him but can't reach him. He was covering his ears ... Wonwoo was covering his ears, he never saw the older do such a thing before and his heart sunk again.

This kind of love is simply toxic.