Soonhoon 🤍 Special

Soonhoon 🤍
Hurt and Comfort / Orphaned / Mental Health issues

Long chapter on the way ☝️
—————

Soonyoung just moved in.
A beautiful, very simply yet very elegant two bedroom apartment.

He couldn't contain his excitement, he was very lucky and very happy. Things were finally going well for him, he got the scholarship, which included housing allowance, he got that part time job at the restaurant down town, and his semester was about to start.

Soonyoung was incredibly smart and a genius mathematician, he loved numbers, equations and calculations

Soonyoung was incredibly smart and a genius mathematician, he loved numbers, equations and calculations. Numbers made more sense than anything else in his life. Numbers never lie, never cheat, never fail to give him the correct answers he needed. Numbers were constant, and they were always right ... humans weren't

Soonyoung was left at the doorsteps of an orphanage when he was just two weeks old. He had a hard time living the orphanage life where he wasn't fully understood for his gifts. He moved from one foster home to another, he met some good people and bad ones, was abused and suppressed most of his life, deprived of so many things both materially and emotionally to the point that it became odd to him to receive love.

He was always a bit withdrawn but positive nonetheless, always had a smile on his face and looked perfectly normal, but could never understand affection. Ironically, on the other hand, he understood numbers and equations better than human emotions.

Not that he didn't want it
He did
He craved for it and longed for it but ... life hasn't been exactly fair to him. Throughout his entire life, he only remembers being hugged twice; once by a very nice foster mom he wished she could keep him but couldn't, and another one by one of his teachers when he won a national mathematics competition.

He was always awkward around people but warm and respectful, always kept a smile on and showed nothing but his best manners.

———
When he arrived at his new apartment, his new roommate wasn't home yet, and he did his best to unpack and clean as much as possible before he got back, he was excited to finally meet him snd introduce himself.
The university assigned him here, they were paying so he didn't really have a choice, he didn't choose the place nor his roommate but was happy nonetheless.

He had his own bedroom for the first in ever. It was spacious and cozy, there was running warm water in the washroom and the kitchen, a heater and AC ... he never had this luxury before and he was so excited and happy that he got a warm roof under his head. Unlike the orphanage, no matter what he did, the rooms were always grey and dull and the atmosphere always stuffy and cold.

He was slowly unpacking the couple of boxes he had, everything he owned were in those two boxes and most of them were just his mathematics textbooks.
He took a deep breath as he looked through the window, the plan was to act good, to do well in his studies, graduates with honor and hopefully finds himself a government job where his skills could be put into good use, if not, then teaching math was also okay with him.