Mingyu

*Hip-hop unit

———-
"It's been four days already" Wonwoo sounded worried, things have been quiet in the HipHop until dorm since they got home earlier that evening.
Mingyu got home and fainted on his bed almost immediately.
It was impossible to deny the state he was in, his face too pale and cheeks too flushed. His cold was getting worse every day for the last five days. A dry and painful cough and a fever that took away all of his energy.

Wonwoo frowned seeing the way Mingyu couldn't even lift his head up on his own. He helped him to sit up and change into something more comfortable and quickly brought him some cold medicine.

Seungcheol watched from a few feet away and it didn't look good.

He stopped to think for a while, Mingyu never complained the entire week. He was going in and out of schedules like nothing was wrong while in fact, he was suffering silently.
He barely said a word ever since they arrived home. Wonwoo by his side, helping him from time to time with a cold towel over his temples.

Seungcheol couldn't sit and watch anymore.
He sat next to the sick boy on the bed, reached his hand and ruffled away his hair gently, his expression softened as Mingyu didn't even flinch

"Gyu?" he called the boy's pet name, trying to get his attention, but it barely worked. Mingyu opened his eyes to look at him only for a second before he closed them back again.

"Buddy let's go to the clinic? This is not right"

"No" he simply answered.
He was too tired to move and going anywhere right now felt like mission impossible.

Wonwoo sighed, "Min, you're only getting worse, please?"

But Mingyu wouldn't budge, he didn't want to leave the bed and it was understandable giving that his fever was 39.2° and his muscles burned everywhere.
He simply nuzzled himself in his blankets and refused to go anywhere.

Hearing their main door close, Vernon Just came home clueless about what was happening. The lights were dimmed and the place too quiet. He walked in to find the trio in Mingyu's room and Seungcheol saying something about calling someone

"Hi" he greeted, he took a look around and soon realized what was happening
"Is he okay? What happened?" He asked, eyes immediately falling on Mingyu's sleeping figure

Seungcheol walked passed him "He's sick and it's bad" the leader said and walked right out of the room

"He's calling the doctor, Mingyu can't go anywhere like this" Wonwoo really sounded worried. Vernon scanned him and then back to Mingyu. He placed his plan gently over the older's head and frowned
"Since when?"

"It's been days Vernon ... he hid it so well, no one actually knew"

"Oh" Vernon was confused and a bit shocked "I had no idea, this is bad"

Mingyu stirred a little abviously annoyed by the noise the two were making on top of his head. He opened his eyes to find Wonwoo staring right at him with worried expressions

"Im fine, don't worry" he muttered, voice too strained and tired

"Stop saying you're fine when you're not" ... "Mingyu, you need to see a doctor"

Mingyu didn't bear to see the look on both Wonwoo and Vernon's faces. He agreed but he knew that they didn't need his permission anyways, Seungcheol already called the doctor and he was on the way.

It's been two hours, the doctor left a while ago.
Mingyu was even more exhausted, the doctor gave him a relaxant to help him get a good night sleep and the effects were almost immediate. Mingyu fell asleep about twenty minutes later.

His fever still high but better.
The antibiotics were kicking in and Mingyu was drowsy for a while and finally fell asleep a while ago.
Wonwoo sighed placing the wet cloth once again on Mingyu's head.

"He can't leave bed for the next two days" Seungcheol repeated what the doctor told him earlier "Let's make sure he gets all the rest he needs"

Wonwoo nodded and Vernon simply stared somewhere before he walked over to Wonwoo.
"Let me take over?" ... "Go get some rest"

Wonwoo was grateful, he didn't even get the time to change his clothes since they got home. He left his place for Vernon while he went to get a quick shower and change into something more comfortable.

Mingyu was sound asleep when the three decided to have some later dinner. They spent the night crumped up in Mingyu's room, checking on him from to time. His fever was getting better, he was sweating a lot but unbothered and they figured that it must be the medicine the doctor gave him.

Soon, the morning broke down and Seungcheol found himself stumbling through the room to close the curtains. He glanced over at his members and smiled, sure they were all exhausted but this mattered more than anything else ... sticking together.

He placed his hand over Mingyu's forehead once again and heaved a relieved sigh. It's almost gone, he was still warm but way better. He felt Mingyu flinch a little and the younger opened his eyes

"Hi" Seungcheol greeted whispering "Good morning, how are you feeling?"

Mingyu groaned, the headache was still there and the muscle pain. He blinked slowly "Tired" he was being honest "Everything hurts"

Seungcheol sighed and nodded "Understandable, you need to rest" he ordered patting Mingyu's head softly "I'll make us breakfast and wake you up later okay? You need to eat and take your medicine"

Mingyu couldn't disagree, he felt like hell anyways and the look on his brother's faces were more than enough to make him get better as soon as possible. He didn't like this look, they were worried about him and the last he wanted was to make them feel concerned. It was the main reason why he didn't say anything the entire week, he didn't complain because he didn't want them to worry.