Hip Hop Unit [Mingyu Centric]

It's rare to see him like this.
Mingyu is usually the most energetic person in the room, his smile and goofy personality makes him stand out from the crowd in seconds.

But not today,
Laying down on the sofa in their dorm, Mingyu barely take his head off the pillow.

Seungcheol was on the phone pacing in the hallway "Yes I understand" he was thankful for their manager who did his best to cancel their meetings for today and for the bad weather outside that made it easier for everyone to just reschedule

"I appreciate it, thank you"
With that, the leader hung up and went back to the living room where the lights were a bit dimmed and the temperature a bit cold, even though it was already freezing outside. Mingyu was laying down under a thick blanket, motionless, softly breathing as he just managed to get some sleep.

Sitting on the floor across from him, Wonwoo was on his phone searching the internet for "home remedies for viral fever attacks" and other similar information. Vernon on the armchair simply waiting to be instructed by his leader.

Mingyu was feeling down since the day before. They got home a little late and the boy got oddly silent, he didn't want to worry anyone else and simply kept it to himself.

He didn't particularly enjoy his dinner because soon, he was on his knees heaving into the toilet bowl, and when he was taking a little too long to get out from the washroom, Seungcheol barged in and helped him to his feet.

Slowly walking back to his room with Seungcheol's help, Mingyu laid in his bed. Wonwoo was a bit confused seeing his friend and roommate pale and exhausted, he had no idea he wasn't feeling well.

"I'm okay, I just want to sleep it off, dinner just didn't sit with me that's all"

Mingyu said but it wasn't just dinner, Mingyu had a rather tough night, tossing and turning, mumbling and whining in his sleep. Wonwoo woke up twice to check on him until he decided to just stay up and keep an eye on him.

Mingyu couldn't go back to sleep after 3am, his fever was a viral 38,8 degrees and Wonwoo got worried when Mingyu stopped talking to him a while later. The boy was awake but too tired to carry on a conversation and barely got any sleep.
The next day was even worse, he tried to eat but again ended up throwing up, he couldn't make it back to his bed so Vernon and Wonwoo just helped him lay down on the living room sofa.

They kept an eye on him for a while but his fever didn't seem to be getting any better and he was tired and sleepy. Seungcheol quickly caught up and soon was on his phone with their manager, plans have already been canceled due to the cold weather outside but it didn't change the fact that Mingyu was burning up and hardly awake in their living room.

"I called him he'll be here soon" Seungcheol announced and Wonwoo nodded from where he was sitting, Seungcheol's high school friend who is now a good doctor was on his way to check on Mingyu. They usually call him for house calls at times of emergencies and Seungcheol trusted him.

 Mingyu was sleeping when Seungcheol's friend arrived

Mingyu was sleeping when Seungcheol's friend arrived. The older was gentle liken usual, waking him up took a while as Mingyu was reluctant but soon, as the doctor started his treatment, Mingyu was a bit more awake and responding well. The checkup was quick and painless until the doctor decided to take him back to his room and push fluids.

Mingyu was awake but exhausted, looking aimlessly at the walls of his shared bedroom with Wonwoo, his arm extended over the cover as the tubes of the IV pushed fluids through his body.

"You'll feel better in a while, you just needed some rest"
Mingyu nodded once and blinked weakly "Rest well, you need your energy"

He didn't need to be told twice, he just went right back to sleep and when he woke up later that afternoon, it was calm and quiet, the room felt cold but at the same time, cool enough to feel cozy and well snuggled into his blanket.

He looked around and the doctor was gone, the little sting on his forearm reminded him of their encounter earlier.
He felt better, but it was strange, what type of pain medication Seungcheol friend gave him because he needs to know for future reference.

He sat up a little and his head swayed, holding it in his hand, Mingyu groaned regretting his actions
"Take it easy will you?" Needless to say, Mingyu was scared shitless, he jolted from where he was sitting

"Gosh Wonwoo, can you make yourself any less of an actual kitten"

Wonwoo scoffed "I couldn't even if I tried"

The older was curled up in the corner of his bed, if you didn't look twice you'd say he was a lump of clothes.
Wonwoo crawled out of his bed and sat by Mingyu's side

"Sorry I scared you ... how are you feeling?"

"Better, still dizzy though"

A warm hand went across Mingyu's shoulder and back, firm and reassuring "I'm glad ... you gave us all a scare" the older looked sweet like usual, his fingers travelling to touch Mingyu's cheek and forehead "Your fever is almost gone too"

Mingyu blinked taking a deep breath "I want to take a shower, I feel icky"

"Sure" ... "I'll heat up some food? You have a few meds to take"

Mingyu nodded slowly before slowly standing up, leaving the warmth of his bed to hit the shower.
When he was done, he joined Wonwoo, Vernon and Seungcheol in the dining room again

"Hi" Vernon greeted

"How are you feeling big guy?" Seungcheol asked the second his eyes fell on Mingyu fresh out of the shower

"Good ... better, my head is still pounding though"

"Okay just eat and rest for now, let us know if you need anything" Seungcheol ordered and Mingyu nodded. Everyone eyeing him with worried looks, it's rare if ever their big lively puppy was anything but big and fluffy and they were worried

"Just stop staring at me like I'm about to break"
He scoffed cutely and the others laughed
"Sorry ... can you blame us?" Wonwoo asked rhetorically of course but ... can you actually blame them?