Verkwan 🤍

Vernon was sitting at the edge of their king sized bed while Seungkwan was still cutely sleeping.

Vernon stared at him for a while remembering the events from last night:

"Kwannie what's wrong?"

Seungkwan woke up from a night terror, he was shaking terribly and barely could form a word

Vernon held him tightly "Shh it's okay, it's just a nightmare, you're safe here baby, I'm here"

"NO DONT TOUCH ME" Seungkwan pushed him away so roughly and it made Vernon go blunt

"Baby it's me" he tried to reach Seungkwan again only to be pushed back harshly again. Vernon took a second to scan Seungkwan's face ... panting, eyes glassy and foggy, he was still stuck in the haze of whatever nightmare dream he was having.

"Kwannie? Look, it's me ... baby it's me" Vernon whispered, his voice a bit broken, Seungkwan never rejected his touch before, this felt weird

He reached out for him again and Seungkwan was utterly scared and shaking squeezing himself in the corner of the bed

"Baby it's me ..."
Vernon reached his hand to cup Seungkwan's cheek, gently brushing away the tears that fell trailed down to his jaw and Seungkwan flinched

"Seungkwan please" Vernon's voice was calm and soothing while Seungkwan's breaths still hitching and shaking but Vernon was patient , Seungkwan was obviously having an episode of some kind ... he never seen him like this before

Vernon's thumb brushing against his skin for a bit, Seungkwan slowly opened his eyes and glanced up at Vernon

"V..Ver... Vernon?"

Veron was worried but was glad Seungkwan was coming back to him "Yes love it's me" Vernon got closer hoping Seungkwan would give him more access

"I ... I can't ... can't move, please hold me ... Vernon please h-hold me"

And Vernon does just that "Oh baby come here" he pulled Seungkwan in his arms, the boy was shaking like a leaf. Vernon stroke the back of his head gently while Seungkwan rested his head against his chest

"Shhh it's okay, you're safe Seungkwan ... Breathe love"

Seungkwan took a second to calm down, Vernon was a bit confused at firsts, this has never happened before and he was worried. Seungkwan let his head rest against Vernon's shoulder, tightly grabbing him by both sides and relaxed against his body, feeling the way Vernon kept soothing his back.

It's been a few minutes and Vernon started to maybe understand what was going on ... Seungkwan had a night terror but not just any night terror ... it was fever dream.

"Let me take a look at you" he asked finally breaking their hug, Seungkwan looked exhausted and sleepy and Vernon ran his fingers across his cheeks ... "You're warm baby are you sick?"

"Everything hurts" Seungkwan confessed letting his head fall into Vernon's palm ... yes, he was definitely sick

"Okay, it was a fever dream then" he deduced with a sigh, "Okay let's lay you down for now, I'll get you some medicine okay?"

Seungkwan nodded without hesitation and followed Vernon's directions laying down on his pillow while his boyfriend took care of the rest. Seungkwan was feeling much better, all cozy and comfortable, he gulped down the medication Vernon gave him and simply talked for a bit.
Seungkwan told him about the dream he just had, it was bad to say the least, and ended up being engulfed into Vernon's arms again trying not to choke on his tears.

The night passed but Vernon couldn't go back to sleep. He had to stay up and keep an eye on Seungkwan who was tossing and turning uncomfortably a lot in his sleep.

It a little after sun rise and even though it was still somewhat dark outside, Vernon heard that soft knock on the main entrance door. He slid off his bed and run to get it knowing exactly who will be there

"Thank you for coming and sorry for waking you up this early" he apologized the moment he saw the older. Jeonghan immediately walked inside "Don't mention it, I was doing night shift at the hospital anyways I didn't go home yet"

"I'm sorry Hannie, I just didn't know who else to call, it'a been going on since last last night and I just couldn't wait any longer"

"It's okay ... so you said his fever isn't breaking?"

Vernon shook his head guiding Jeonghan to his and Seungkwan's bedroom
"No, it's only getting worse"

"Anything else? A sore throat? Vomiting?"

"No ... no, just his fever, he keeps saying he's tired and had one hell of a night terror"
Vernon said before opening the door to the bedroom

"Okay, that doesn't sound so bad, he could be just stressed out let me see what I can do"

"Thank you hannie I owe you one"

Jeonghan gently checked on Seungkwan and even though the boy was tired and sleeping, he didn't seem to mind much. Jeonghan ended up giving him a shot to help with his fever

"I don't see anything abnormal except for his fever ... Vernon think, is there's anything else? Fatigue, is he stressed out about something?"

Vernon had this confused look on his face, he shook his head "No ... I don't know"

Jeonghan eyed the sleeping boy on the king sized bed "Well, it won't hurt to get him a few tests Vernon ... just in case?"

Vernon nodded, yes he'll take him as soon as he wakes up "Thank you Hannie, I really don't know what to do"

"Don't worry, let him rest and later today just bring him to the clinic I'll take care of it"

Jeonghan could see how tensed Vernon was "Don't worry it could be just stress related, if there's nothing else wrong, I'm just trying to make sure"

"I know ... I want him to be okay too"

Vernon squeezed Seungkwan's hand tighter, he just watched over him as the other just breathed in and out. Jeonghan reached him and softly squeezed his shoulder "He's okay let's not think much about it"

Jeonghan left that morning after making sure that Seungkwan was doing better and later that same evening met the couple again at the clinic. Vernon was holding a very tired and whiny Seungkwan, the boy was still recovering and Vernon dragged him earlier for the tests Jeonghan suggested.

Eventually, Seungkwan was cleared
Jeonghan stood by the door frame holding Seungkwan's test results in his hand, he needs more vitamins and that was all, everything else looked good, but just staring at the two bickering made him all warmed up inside. Seungkwan whining about not liking the food, not standing the cold rooms, the hospital smell ... just whiny and tired and Vernon so patient with him. He watched them go home hoping one day he'll fine something like that.