1

Yes I did it again, I started another when I have so many unfinished stories. I really didn't want to do this until at least a couple of my others were finished but the inspiration hit and I had to go with it. I have it written up to chapter 22 and will be publishing as I have time to edit each one. I hope you like it and also please be patient with me, I will eventually finish the other stories!

As Renjun crosses the desolate street in the middle of the night he is met with a chilly wind. He zips his jacket a little tighter and continues his journey. He's meeting with his best friend since elementary. They were planning to attend a party a couple blocks from his house but Renjun had to wait for his shift to end. He knocks on his door and is allowed in right away.
"Hi cutie, how was work?" Haechan asks.
"Awful. I hate my job so much. The people are mean and I can't do anything right and it's painful." Haechan pulls him in and hugs him softly.
"I'm sorry baby. Should we go job hunting tomorrow?" He shakes his head no.
"Not tomorrow I have to work in the afternoon and if I'm lucky I'll be sleeping off a hangover in the morning." Haechan pats his back gently and walks him to his room. He left a change of clothes here to change into and they make quick work of it. The party should be in full swing when they get there so they are expecting a lot of drunks, not to mention the stoners and other various drug enthusiasts. Haechan lives in a more middle class part of town so it's mostly decent people. Some still in college and some fresh out.
Ok, maybe not too decent but that's ok, they've been to many parties and know how to handle themselves.

They enter the door, the music is booming and they would not be surprised if the neighbors called the police. Haechan pulls him through to the drink table and thus commences their night of fun. They mostly stick together or in the crowd dancing. Haechan always keeps a close eye on the other because as much as he hates to admit it, it really doesn't take much to get him drunk.

As the crowd thins out Haechan can tell that Renjun has hit his limit and will now try to talk him into going home.
"Baby come on. It's getting late and we both have to work tomorrow." Renjun puts on his best pouty face but Haechan is inmune after all these years and drags him out.
"Party pooper." Haechan laughs at his choice of insult and puts his arm around him. Renjun will stay the night at his house tonight because he's tired and doesn't feel like walking home and his job doesn't pay enough for him to get a taxi.

He gets in and lies on the couch, feeling a bit dizzy after the cool night air hit him.
"I might be sick." Haechan quickly grabs him a bucket and a wash cloth then pets his hair.
"Feel better baby, and get some rest ok?" He groans.
"I will."
He doesn't and by the time the afternoon rolls around he is still feeling awful. Haechan convinces him to call in and helps to care for him but by early evening he's even worse.
"Haechan it hurts so bad. Why does my stomach hurt so bad, fuck." Haechan feels his head and he's burning up. He grabs a thermometer and is shocked to see he is at 102•.
"Honey, I think you need to go to the doctor." Renjun tries to protest.
"I can't pay, just give me some Tylenol." Haechan shakes his head.
"I can't. You've had too many already. Come on up you go, I'll carry you to the car." Renjun groans and the whole way there mumbles about not having money.

Haechan carries him into the ER, and waits patiently as they check him over. Finally a doctor comes in to talk.
"He's ok but he needs emergency surgery. His appendix burst, he's lucky you brought him in when you did." Haechan frowns.
"Are you family?" He shakes his head no.
"Well, kind of. We've been friends since we were kids and he doesn't have a relationship with his family anymore so I'm really all he has." The doctor nods.
"Ok, then I'll update you when it's over, don't worry it's a simple procedure which we can probably get done in an hour barring any complications." Haechan frowns again.
"What kind of complications?" He shakes his head.
"Sorry, I'm not trying to scare you. I'm sure he will be fine." He leaves, Haechan sits and gnaws his nails the whole time.

After an hour and a half the doctor finally re-emerges.
"I thought you said an hour? What happened is he ok?" The doctor smiles softly at his concerned friend.
"He is fine. He woke up in the middle of the surgery and started talking to us. He never felt anything but we had to sedate him. You can go to his room and see him now if you'd like." Haechan stands to go.
"Room 304, third floor is recovery. Talk to the nurse at the station to check in." Haechan nods and starts to walk out.
"Thank you doctor. Thank you for taking care of him." He nods and gives a nice warm smile.
"You are welcome. Now go sit by his side, he should be waking soon."

He walks in and sees him there sleeping and sighs. He sits beside him and takes his hand.
"You scared me Junie, you're all I have. I need you to always be by my side." He whispers.
He sits for only a half an hour before Renjun wakes up groggy.
"What happened?" He asks quietly.
"Your appendix burst. You can go home tomorrow but you can't lift heavy things, you will have to take time off from work." He gets a look of panic.
"They will never let me, how will I pay my bills?" Haechan rubs his arm.
"You can move in with me if you need to? Or I could lend you the money." He shakes his head no.
"I couldn't." Haechan sighs, knowing his pride is too big to allow any of those things.
"Look, you have to take at least the next few days and the weekend to rest up and heal, then you can ask for light duty." He reluctantly nods. He has no insurance, no money saved, no back up plan.

"Here I thought it would be special when I lost my virginity but here I am getting fucked without my consent. " Haechan chuckles.
"You look sleepy, you rest. I'll go get some food while you sleep.

When he returns with his cafeteria sandwich and chips he sits and eats as quietly as he can.
When he finishes he stands and kisses his forehead before making himself comfortable on the small couch off to the side. He will sleep wherever it takes to stay with him through this. They are brothers, best friends and always there for each other.

Reluctantly, Renjun leaves with Haechan to his place. They stop at his to pick up a few things before Haechan stops at the grocery store to grab some things to make him broth, the doctors don't want him eating solids for a few days.
"Welcome home." Haechan says cheekily. Renjun just chuckles and walks in behind him.
He really hopes he still has a job when all is said and done.