5

After Jeno tells him of everything that happened Taeyong went into action fast. He pulls his employee record, he pours through it and can't understand.
"He's been employed at the factory for over a year and he was never given benefits? This can't be. He should have had time off saved because he never missed a day of work except for a week ago when I'm assuming his initial surgery took place. He was never offered the medical or retirement plan which employees have the right to as soon as they reach their thirty day mark unless there is disciplinary actions taken. There are none recorded. So for whatever reason that asshole was holding him back. Then he terminated him when he was on leave. " He sighs and rubs his hands over his face.

"Add this to our list of improvements. We need to be more diligent when it comes to hiring." Jeno nods and takes note.
"Now, spill." Taeyong says excitedly.
"Huh? Spill what?" Mark asks as he saunters in. Jeno sighs, under the circumstances he doesn't really want to talk about it but he knows Taeyong won't let up.
"He's beautiful. I've never seen someone like him. He's small and delicate but he seems as though he could be a firecracker if ignited. I have no doubt that things would have been different if he was healthy.
I can't really say more than that, I don't know much about him, other than his name." Mark hums.
"So you found him." He nods yes and explains a shorter version of what happened to him.

Mark is pissed. It doesn't take much these days. He knows Jeno is a puppy behind his tough exterior. He knows the fact that his betrothed is lying in a hospital bed partially due to a sick man that Jeno could have killed on the spot but chose to restrain himself for the helpless victim lying on the floor.

As the days go by, Jeno calls the hospital every day to see if he's awake and by the third evening he doesn't care anymore. He must see for himself that he is ok. He has pulled a large sum of money from his personal account to give to him so he can take proper time to heal and get back on his feet.
The brothers go along for support of course, and they maybe want to see what this precious person looks like.
When they get to the desk the receptionist tries to keep them out being they aren't listed as family or contacts but Jeno is quick to remind that he paid all of his medical expenses.

They get to the door and he hesitates for a while as he feels that feeling again and closes his eyes to absorb it into his soul.
He knocks quietly in case he is still asleep but hears a quiet "come in". His heartbeat speeds up as he turns the handle.
He sees him lying on his bed with the blanket pulled away his leg is fully exposed as he is examining his wound. The sheet pulled barely over his lap to cover himself makes it hard for Jeno to peel his eyes away. He wants to devour him on the spot. Taeyong clears his throat, bursting his little bubble.
He looks into the confused eyes of his beauty, but not for long. He looks away as a show of respect and that's when Renjun realized he was barely covered.

As Taeyong speaks, he watches as recognition falls over his face.
When he touches the skin of his hand it ignites a fire but is very good at self control. Even though they are betrothed, he would never force himself on him. He will live the rest of his long existence with no love at all if that's what the other wants. But when he hears the word baby come out of the other's mouth he fears he's too late. He pulls his hand away and has mixed feelings when Renjun grabs it back in his own.

To say he's devastated would be an understatement when Renjun got angry and mistook their kindness for a payoff. He understands how it looks but he hasn't known him long enough, he doesn't know him at all really. How is he to explain that he is meant to be Jeno's and that he will take care of his every need for as long as he lives.
He sets the money on the bed and walks out with his heart cracking. He doesn't know if he will ever see him again. How will he be able to win his love if he hates him?

As they reach the elevator Mark abruptly stops.
"The one called Haechan, he's mine." The other two look at him like he's lost his mind.
"What are the odds of both of our betrothed being together? It makes no sense." Mark shrugs.
"Maybe what you felt wasn't really the real thing." This was the wrong thing to say. In a flash Mark is pushed against the walls of the elevator, he of course could fight back if he wanted but he knows he was being insensitive.
"It was real, it is real. I felt it the whole time I was in there." Mark nods.
"I'm sorry, that was wrong of me. But I'm sure of what I felt too and I'm confused about this as much as the rest of you but it happened." Mark says as Jeno finally releases him.

Taeyong is distant as they go down the elevator.
"I miss my love." He says quietly as they get into the car. He wipes his eyes and grabs a tissue.
"You know you can love again right? He will always be deep in your soul. Tucked away in a special spot just for him. Of course there will always be the love for him but someone else could come along and make you happy again." Jeno says with a sadness evident in his tone.
"I know he still loves me, I just know it but it obviously isn't enough."
He has tried dating others but this is his person and they no longer want him.
He has lost his will to try anymore and only pours himself into the company they have built.
He smiles softly at his precious brothers and accepts hugs from both of them before the elevator stops at the ground floor.

"I will help however I can to get you your lovers. The feeling of being loved as much as you love is like none other."