38

As soon as they descend the stairs they see Haechan pacing the floor and Mark trying to calm him. He stops when he sees them.
"I get rough sex and all but why is my front door broke?" Jeno chuckles and Renjun just smiles.
"Sorry about the door." Jeno says.
"I'll buy you a new one and have it installed tomorrow, for tonight we will have to just board it up." Mark shakes his head.
"That's three fucking doors, all over Renjun." He says with a chuckle.
"Did you even try the handle?" Haechan asks. Jeno makes a thinking face then smiles sheepishly.
"Sorry."

Haechan starts to cry.
"What did you expect me to think? My door was busted open, there is a bloody fucking knife on the floor and all I heard when I came in was you screaming." He says to Renjun, who walks over and offers a hug.
"I'm sorry for all of this." He sighs and sits on the couch, deciding he should finally tell his story.

Renjun's evening...

"Hello?" He questions as he opens the door.
"Why hello. This is Jeno Lee's apartment?" The stranger asks. Renjun nods, the door still only half open.
"Well, I suppose you would like to know who I am and why I'm here?" The stranger asks nicely. Again, Renjun nods.
"My name is Jaemin, I grew up with him, I've come to reconnect." Renjun frowns.
"Grew up? When?" He asks confidently. Jaemin smirks.
"Late 1500's." He expects disbelief but instead he sees a light bulb go off.
"Oh, your that friend. I've heard of you but what makes you think he wants to see you?" Renjun asks with his arms crossed. Jaemin sighs.
"Look, Ive been looking for him for a long time and just want to talk to him, do you think you could maybe go get him so he can decide for himself?" Renjun frowns.
"He's not here and I'm not to let anyone in. Especially vampires, come back in two hours." Jaemin sighs again. This human is too difficult.
"Look, just let me in and I'll wait for him. You can trust me, besides if I was going to harm you I would have by now." Renjun shakes his head.
"Not if you can't get in." He says but in an instant he is grabbed by the shirt and pulled out the door. Jaemin shakes his head at the terrified boy.
"See that only works if you don't stand in arms reach." Renjun nods as he's let go and backs into the apartment.
"I guess That's a fair point." He says softly.
"Fine, but Jeno will be here any minute so no funny business, he will gut you if you harm me in any way." Jaemin just smiles warmly.
"C-come in then." He says as he opens the door.

He offers Jaemin a drink and has him sit in the kitchen at the counter while he finishes up some cleaning. He keeps an eye on him the whole time, he really hopes he doesn't come to regret this.
"So, are you his house boy?" Renjun frowns.
"Excuse me?" Jaemin smiles an evil grin.
"Oh you know, someone who lives with him and cooks his meals, cleans up, does laundry, and sexual favors?" Renjun rolls his eyes and clings to the counter, trying to control his rage.
"My relationship with him is none of your business." He says with gritted teeth.
"Ahh, so it's true. I bet he's an animal in bed huh?" Renjun is trying not to get angry but this man is riding his last nerve.
"Look, he is my, you know what? Fuck off." He says as he finishes wiping the counters.
There is a darkness now in Jaemin's eyes he hasn't seen before.
"No, how about you fuck off before he gets home so I can have a proper conversation with him?" Renjun scoffs.
"As if. This is my, uh, I'm not going anywhere." He says stubbornly.
"Why? Are you scared he doesn't love you enough to stay with you, after seeing his first love." He shakes his head no.
"Not in the slightest." Jaemin's eyes narrow.
"Hmm, are you his betrothed? Ooh this is different, I might just have to kill you." Renjun backs away as he sees the evil glint in his eye.

"He will kill you. Stay away from me." He says as Jaemin stands, he backs away and is soon cornered as Jaemin's fangs make an appearance.
"I suggest you go now before I get mean." He says lowly. Renjun knees him in the balls and pushes him back before running toward the door.
"Fine, I'll go. Tell him I'm safe at Haechan's. He will ask." Renjun says as he opens the door to leave.
"Yeah, sure he will. I'm sure once he sees me he won't even remember your name. House boy." Renjun slams the door and kicks himself all the way to the bus stop for being so stupid.

As he waits he feels watched, he's nervous but tries not to show it. He gets a sense of relief when it finally shows up and enters on the front entrance. He sits close to the front so he can get off right away but he still has an uncomfortable feeling in his gut.
The ride is a bit long and he spends the whole time wishing he would have been able to grab his phone off the living room table so he could call Jeno but he's sure he would have been hurt if he tried.

When the bus finally stops he stands and looks over his shoulder once more and sees her. He makes a quick exit and runs as fast as he can. He knows she will be fast so he's thankful she's held up by a lot of people.
He gets in the house just in time and slams the door in her face. He takes his time to catch his breath and sits on the couch. She is silent but he knows she's still there, waiting. He decides to end this once and for all, if he doesn't Jeno could be blindsided and hurt.

He goes to the kitchen to see what kind of weapons he could hide on him. He finds a screw driver and puts it in his pocket. He finds various knives and places them within reach.
He calmly walks to the door and hopes with everything in him that he can succeed.
He takes a deep breath and slowly opens the door. She is smiling.
"I knew you would come for me. Do you think you will win this? You with your little body, no muscle tone? Aren't you scared?" She asks evilly.
He scowls at her and scoffs.
"I'm not scared of you, I'm tired of you thinking you have some sort of power over us. This look is ugly on you." She frowns.
"Jeno doesn't think I'm ugly, Jeno thinks I'm beautiful. He wanted me so bad. He always played hard to get, but in the end I almost had him, that is until you came." He laughs.
"You really are delusional." He backs up with a new found confidence and readies himself.

"Come in then." He says. He doesn't expect her to come at him as fast as she does and turns to run to the kitchen. He feels something sharp slice his back and screams out as he goes to the other side of the table. He's winded and scared now, she's more aggressive than he thought she would be.
"Awe, did I scare you?" She asks with a chuckle.
He grabs a knife and runs around the table ready to lunge at her but she grabs his arm and it falls to the floor. She laughs as she leans down to bite him. As her teeth start to sink in he screams out and pushes her back with everything he has. He feels her teeth scraping across his flesh. He reaches down and grabs the knife as she's running toward him and plunges it deep in her heart. She falls on top of him, writhing and screaming. He pushes her off and stands as he watches her die.

As soon as her body dissipates he picks up the knife as he tries to control the trembles. He's numb. He just killed someone, or something? Just ended a life. He wants to feel joy for ending their nightmare but he's confused. He walks toward the living room again and stops in his tracks. He can hear Jeno's voice echoing in his mind but he can't figure out where it's coming from.
Soon the door flies open and Jeno walks in. His heart rate speeds up as he watches him come closer and when he makes contact with him he sobs. His Jeno came for him.

After telling his story every one sits quietly. Most stunned, Jeno is unreadable. Haechan walks to where he's sitting and gets on his knees, he does nothing but hold him as he cries.
When they finally release from their embrace Renjun whispers "Thank you" in his ear. Haechan only smiles and pecks his cheek.
"You did well Junie. I'm just so glad you are here to tell this story." He says as he wipes his own tears. Renjun nods.

He reaches over and touches Jeno's hand softly. He stares in his beautiful dark eyes for only a moment before he speaks.
"I want to go home." Jeno frowns. He looks at him as if he has two heads.
"What? You want to go back to that place? After all this?" Jeno asks with hurt lacing his voice. Jeno wants nothing more than to take him to his apartment and hold him forever.
Renjun shakes his head no with a small smile.
"I want to go to our home." Jeno almost can't breathe.
"Let's get you home then." He says softly before kissing him just as soft.