8

"Haechan, oh my god. Im being interviewed for the administrative assistant job at a company called Global distribution industries. I mean, they probably won't hire me because of my lack of experience but at least it's a shot." Haechan hugs him excitedly.
"That's so great baby. You deserve this." Renjun frowns.
"I Don't own a suit, they will think I'm not cut out for it just for what I wear." He says sadly. Haechan shakes his head.
"You can borrow one of mine. It might be a little baggy on you but not too bad. Come on let's go try one." Renjun smiles softly.
"I don't know what I would do without you." Haechan puts his arm over his shoulder and gives a light squeeze.

He finds a suit that looks good on him and they even rehearse some things he should say. His interview is for tomorrow and he's terrified. He really wants a job that isn't factory work. He wants a calm working environment with no physical injuries, incurred from it. He's young and he's already tired. He hates it but grocery stores don't pay as well and he may have to go back into that line of work if he doesn't succeed at this.

Haechan doesn't work this day so he drives him.
They sit, parked on the street. They left early so they have a little time for Renjun to try and calm himself.
"Who am I kidding? They won't hire an inexperienced nobody like me." Haechan slaps his leg.
"What did I say about talking bad about yourself?" He looks away sheepishly.
"Sorry, I thought that only applied to my life's worth." Haechan shakes his head.
"No, baby. You need to believe in yourself." He nods and takes a deep breath.
"Ok, I can do this." He says as he opens the door. He knows if he lingers too long he will talk himself out of it.

He opens the big double doors of the high rise building and swallows thickly. Just seeing all these professional people makes his confidence drop. He nervously walks to the front desk and explains why he's here. The receptionist quickly gives him a visitor sticker and points him in the right direction.
"If you go right around that corner you will see a line of other applicants. Line up and they will call you when it's your turn." He nods and offers a small smile and a thank you.

He walks slowly to the line and sighs when he sees just how long it is. Again, wondering why he even applied.
He leans against the wall for at least a half hour before he finally sits cross legged on the floor. Of course as soon as he gets comfortable they call his name.

He stands and shakily walks into the room. It only has two people so that helps a little, at least he won't make a fool of himself in front of too many people. He walks in and bows politely.
"Mr. Huang Renjun?" He nods.
"Yeah. Hi." One of the two chuckles.
"Hi, I'm Jungwoo, i work in HR and I will be conducting the interview alongside Mr. Park. He will be your boss if you should be hired."
He takes his seat across the table and sits as Mr. park stares him down.

"So, you worked at Seoul auto parts manufacturing? What were your duties there?" He clears his throat and nervously plays with his pant legs.
"Uh, well I usually worked in the shipping area, I packaged and sometimes loaded the pallets." Jungwoo frowns.
"Did you ever have any administrative duties? Any computer experience?" He sighs.
"No, I didn't do any work like that. I have basic knowledge of computers though and I feel like I am a quick learner." He says softly. Jungwoo hums.
"What makes you think you would be a good fit to our company?" He freezes.
"I mean without qualifications, why should we hire you?" He looks down at his pants as he twists the fabric between his fingers.
"I, well, like I said I'm a quick learner and I just need a change. I am not really cut out for factory work to be honest but I didn't have money for college so that is where I'm stuck. I was hoping to be given a chance to prove my worth. I will do any task asked of me and will work harder than I ever have to learn." He gets another hum and a nod from Jungwoo.
"Ok, we will be in touch within a week if you are hired. Thank you for your time." He nods and stands, trying to hold back tears. His was the quickest interview of them all, he knows he won't be hired.
"Ok, thank you, and sorry I wasted your time." He says quickly before dashing out the door.

He holds back the crying until he gets to the main doors and when he sees Haechan has waited for him so patiently, he sobs. Haechan is quick to come over and hug him right there on the street.
"What's wrong baby Jun?" He asks sweetly.
"I'm sure they thought I was a fool. Why did I think this was a good idea?" Haechan tries his best to soothe him before walking him to the car.
"Come on, I'm buying lunch."

It's only a few days later when he gets the call.
"Hello?" He kind of questions, not recognizing the number.
"Hello Mr. Huang, I am calling to inform you." He interrupts him before he can finish.
"That I didn't get the job, I know. Thank you for calling though." He starts to pull the phone away but listens as the other speaks.
"No, I'm calling to inform you that you got the job. You will report Monday at seven AM sharp. Go to the main reception and she will give you your badge and instructions on where to report." He gasps.
"Is this a joke? There had to be more qualified people than me?" He hears Jungwoo chuckle.
"No joke. You have been selected. One more thing, work on your self confidence, you will need it here." He wipes at his eyes and thanks him profusely before hanging up and squealing into the phone to Haechan.

"I got the job! I actually got the job! Oh my god. I need to study on what my duties might be, I need to practice my typing. I'm so excited, I actually got it!" Haechan giggles happily.
"I knew you could do it. See, all you have to do is try, work for your goals and eventually they will happen." They only talk a few more minutes as he wants to get started practicing. He checks his envelope and sees he only has a hundred more to go to pay back what he owes to the Lee brothers and he will get that in his first check. He's so excited. He finally gets to start a new chapter in his life.