42

When the two arrive home Renjun sits Jeno on the couch.
"I need to tell you something. Please don't be mad? I just want there to be honestly at all times in our relationship and the sooner I get this off my chest the better." He takes a deep breath while Jeno looks on confused.
"Spit it out already." Jeno says playfully as Renjun hesitates.
"After Haechan left the bathroom tonight, someone came out of the stall." He pauses again as Jeno sits frowning.
"It was Jaemin." Jeno stands and grabs his shoulders as he looks him over.
"I'm fine. He didn't hurt me." Jeno paces.
"That bastard has been watching us hasn't he? What did he want? Huh? What did he say?" Renjun sighs and takes his hands, he looks in his eyes and watches as he visibly relaxes a little.
"Sit down and take a breath. I don't like seeing you this way." Jeno frowns again.
"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" He asks with clear annoyance in his voice.
"Because we were having a nice time and I didn't want there to be anymore blood shed. We were celebrating and it was nice and I didn't want to ruin it." He wipes at his eyes, he doesn't like Jeno being angry with him. This is the first time he's ever felt anger from him and it hurts.

Jeno stands and starts walking to their bedroom.
"I'm tired, I'm going to bed." Renjun walks after him.
"I thought you wanted to know what he wanted?" He asks meekly.
"Never mind that. If it was important, you would have told me right away." He walks off leaving Renjun stunned. Was it really that bad? He sits on the couch and cries. He ends up falling asleep, curled in a ball, still dressed in his nice suit.

It's about three AM when Jeno comes out of their room. He sighs when he sees the sight. His face is puffy and he's shivering.
"I'm sorry for making you cry prince." He whispers then kisses his head and covers him with a blanket. He sits in the chair across from him and stares at his sleeping form. His head swimming with anger and regret.
He doesn't move from this spot until morning. He makes them some food and wakes Renjun.
"We have to go to work." He says stiffly.
"Ok." Renjun says clearly still distressed. He sees that he stayed on the couch all night which makes him even sadder. Normally Jeno would scoop him up and carry him to bed, he doesn't like this side of him. He misses the old Jeno.
He cries in the shower and ends up taking a bit too long because Jeno has to knock and tell him to hurry. Normally he would come in and wrap him in a towel sweetly. He cries even harder before he finds his voice again.
"I don't think I can come to work today. I'm not feeling well." Renjun says softly through the door.
"Fine then, I'll see you later." Jeno responds. His voice still shallow.

Renjun spends most of the day going back and forth between anger and sadness. He gets mad at himself for not telling him sooner, then mad at Jeno for his reaction. Then he just feels sad about the whole situation.
He's sitting on the couch with his tissues when the doorbell rings.
He slowly goes to it and looks through the peep hole, and starts weeping all over again. He quickly opens the door and falls into Haechan's arms.

Haechan brings him in and listens to his story as he tries to calm him.
"H-how did you know I was here?" Renjun asks between hiccups.
"Mark told me, Jeno asked him to have me check on you since you weren't feeling well. He still loves you Junie, he's just upset. He cares so much for you and worries about your safety and honestly, I wanted to kill  this Jaemin for threatening you too." Renjun snuggles into him, getting sleepy.
"I just want my Jeno back." He pouts. Haechan smiles and rubs his head.
"He will come back, don't worry. Now go get in your bed and have a proper rest. I'll cook you food ok?" Renjun smiles softly with a nod.

He goes to their bed and crawls right into Jeno's spot. His scent still lingering on the pillow. He falls asleep quickly.

"I don't care what Renjun did or didn't do. He was abandoned once in his life and for you to make him feel this way, you should be ashamed." Jeno sighs.
"I have a right to get angry you know. I'm not abandoning him, I just needed time to process this." Haechan pinches the bridge of his nose in frustration.
"I get that, dip shit but you should never, ever leave on bad terms. Ever. What if you never came back and this is the last memory he has of you?" Jeno scoffs.
"Why wouldn't I come back?" Haechan has had enough.
"God you are stupid. Renjun blames himself for his parents abandoning him because they fought before he left for school that day. My parents were peacefully driving home when killed in an accident. No matter how big or small the argument is, you don't leave things unresolved. Renjun is a tough person, he's been through a lot, but this also makes him vulnerable." Jeno sighs.
"He said you didn't carry him to bed, he said you left him on the couch. He said that isn't you. He's hurt and he's sorry. Don't drag this out longer than it needs to be." Haechan can hear Jeno sniffle through the phone and at least knows he's gotten somewhere.
"Ok." He says sadly.
"I'm coming home." Haechan breathes a sigh of relief.
"I'll be here until you come."

It isn't long before Jeno walks in.
"Jesus, how fast did you drive?" Jeno shakes his head.
"Never mind that. Where is he?" Haechan points to the bedroom.
"He's sleeping. I made him food, there is enough for you to eat with him. Make sure he eats, I'm sure he hasn't all day." Jeno nods and pauses on his way to his room.
"Thanks you for talking sense into me Haechan. As much as I love him, I'm not experienced with relationships." Haechan chuckles.
"I guess, this is payback for all the times you guys had to talk me down. Now, go take care of your prince." Jeno smiles before turning to go to his man.

When he walks in and sees him lying there, curled up on his pillow it breaks his heart. He crawls into bed and pulls him into his chest and repeatedly kisses his head. He eventually falls asleep listening to Renjun's soft snores.

When Renjun finally wakes he feels protective arms around him and can smell a familiar cologne. He breathes him in deeply, hoping he isn't dreaming. He looks at Jeno's sleeping face and smiles. He kisses his neck and cuddles into him more. Jeno stirs awake with his movements and finally looks him in the eyes.
"My prince, my love, I'm so sorry I made you cry." He says sleepily.
Renjun can only nod, afraid if he speaks he will cry some more.
"I never want to lose you baby and knowing he was that close to you scared me. I never want to see you hurt again. I've seen it too many times already." Jeno says choking up.

Renjun pushes him onto his back and crawls on top of him. He buries his face in his neck and kisses it softly.
"I know, and had there been that kind of danger I would have ran to you, I would have told you right away. I promise you." Jeno holds him tighter. He doesn't want to move from this spot but he hears Renjun's tummy rumble.
"Baby, let's go eat huh? Haechan made food for us." Renjun reluctantly agrees. He only wants to stay in his arms but alas his hunger wins out.

Fortunately for him, Jeno is back to his clingy self and pulls him to sit in his lap after heating the food.
He picks up a big bite with his chop sticks and feeds it to Renjun making him smile. Jeno's hand cups his face.
"That's better, you are pretty when you smile." Jeno says softly before gently kissing his lips.
They eat mostly in silence. Jeno feeds him on occasion and already Renjun can feel his heart healing.
When they finish Jeno stands and places Renjun on the next chair.
"Wait here baby." Jeno says before walking off toward the bedroom.

He fidgets with his fingers, he hopes everything is ok again. Jeno walks back out and picks him up. Renjun clings to his neck as he carry's him to the bathroom. The lights are dimmed and their are candles lit. He eyes the bubbles in the bath before pulling Jeno in for a sweet kiss.
Jeno helps him out of his clothes before undressing himself. He sits in the tub and helps Renjun to sit on his lap. He holds his waist and rests his head on his shoulder. He places soft kisses on his neck as Renjun sighs.

"We need to talk about this." He says softly. Jeno nods.
"Im ready to listen, please tell me what happened?" Renjun nods.
"When he first came out I was terrified. I was trying to figure out how to get past him and out the door. He told me he wouldn't hurt me and I was still skeptical but I listened to what he had to say." He feels more kisses on his neck and sighs happily.
"He apologized for hurting me, for scaring me. He said he wanted to tell me alone because you would kill him so fast he wouldn't be able to get the words out." Jeno raises a brow.
"He's right." Renjun sighs.
"He genuinely felt bad for what he did. I could tell. I asked him where he was going to go and he said he was tired of running and was going to stay here and accept his fate, but he said he would leave us alone. I hugged him and thanked him and that was all. He asked me to give him a head start, said he wasn't quite ready to die then." Renjun sighs as Jeno has stiffened under him.
"You hugged him?" He questions again.
"Don't be jealous, it meant nothing. He just looked so upset and like I said, he seemed to be really genuine."Jeno sighs as his lips find Renjun's shoulder.

"Look at me baby." Jeno says softly and waits for him to turn in his lap.
"I love you. I really am sorry for the way I reacted and I promise I will not kill him that quickly in the future if you can just try not to be alone with him again. I don't trust him." Renjun nods with a small smile. They share more sweet kisses as they sit there wrapped in the warmth of the water and each other.
When they get out Renjun starts to reach for his towel but is quickly stopped by Jeno who grabs it and wraps him up. Renjun smiles warmly but then is completely taken off guard by Jeno when he lifts him into his arms and places him on their bed.
"What was that for?" Jeno touches his cheek.
"Im just making up for everything I didn't do when I should have." Renjun pulls him in to a kiss and they proceed to have their first ever round of makeup sex. It is as good as people claim it to be.