28

Outfits above...

On the day of the ball Jeno has to drop Renjun off at Haechan's to get ready while he will go home to do the same. He doesn't like it. Since he's heard about Giselle he's been on edge. He hates leaving Renjun's side. Everyone in their group has been warned, they know not to invite her in but what if they step outside and she's there? These thoughts have been plaguing his mind since that day. They even went as far as bleaching Renjun's hair, which he actually loved the idea anyway, he's always up for a change. Jeno's practically begged Renjun to stay with him until the situation is under control and while a small part of him wants to, he wants to prove he can be strong.

Tonight is different though, he is planning to stay at Jeno's for the night and possibly all weekend so Jeno is very happy about this.
"Holy shit Jun you look so pretty. Jeno won't know what hit him." Renjun smiles.
"You think so?" He asks shyly.
"He's going to eat you up." He giggles.
"I don't know, you might steal him away, you look amazing tonight Haechanie." Haechan smiles and hugs his friend.
"We've got really good boyfriends don't we?" Renjun hums.
"We really do." The doorbell rings and Haechan bounces with excitement.
"It's time baby!" Renjun takes a deep breath and follows him down the stairs.
"I don't know why I'm so nervous? I literally see him every day." Haechan shrugs.
"I am a little too. I mean, i know I'm hot but it's good to hear every now and then." Renjun elbows him and takes a deep breath.

The door opens and Jeno loses his breath.
"Stunning." He whispers. Renjun can barely take in the compliment as he is floored by how hot Jeno is at the moment.
"Wow." He says simply. He is glued to the floor. As it turns out, he is the one that wants to rip the other's clothes off. Haechan elbows him and it helps to knock him out of his trance. Jeno smiles softly while walking up to him and wraps his arms around him.
"You are as beautiful as I imagined you would be." He says softly against his cheek. Renjun pulls him in for a deep kiss, only stopping when Haechan starts coughing wildly.
"Sorry." Renjun says softly, still staring at Jeno.

Before anyone moves from their spot Mark walks in.
"Wow sunshine, you look, just wow." He says as he pulls him in for a soft kiss. Jeno takes this opportunity to kiss his man again.
"You guys are amazing together and I love this but can you stop making me feel so single for just one night?" Taeyong asks in the doorway. They all respectfully pull away.
"Sorry, I didn't know you were here." Renjun says sincerely. He feels so bad for Taeyong and his situation.
"It's ok, tonight I'll find someone, maybe." Renjun smiles sadly.
"Come on, let's go have a little fun and find me a man." He says as optimistically as possible. He turns and goes to their awaiting limo while the others trail behind.

"What's this about?" Renjun asks looking at the car.
"You have to roll up in style at this place, besides we decided to all ride together." Jeno says with a shrug. A slightly older man opens the door for them and Jeno helps him in.

As they sit as close as they can, without sitting on each other's lap, Renjun is fidgeting nervously and Jeno notices right away.
"Don't be nervous prince, you will have fun I'm sure." He nods his head and gives Jeno a small smile.
"Thank you, for taking me." Jeno frowns.
"Of course, I wouldn't have went without you." Now it's Renjun's turn to frown.
"I just don't feel worthy of this type of thing you
Know? Like I haven't earned this. I'm a part timer at best. These are for self made rich people and the educated." Jeno pulls him into his lap and kisses his cheek.
"And it's for the wives and husbands of these types of people so be my husband then." Jeno says making Renjun give him that "Reolly" look.
"Ok fine, you don't like that idea? Be my wife then. Or just proudly be my date. I love you no matter what your background and I honestly don't care what others think. You are the best thing that's ever happened to me and I'm proud to be with you." Renjun blushes profusely after his little speech, especially after looking up and seeing that everyone else was listening.
"Thank you Jeno." Haechan says softly.
"It's nice to know there is someone else willing to tell him his worth." He looks at Renjun pointedly.
"And Junie, we will tell you until you see it too!" Jeno nods with a big grin.
"Yes we will." He says proudly. Renjun sighs.
"Sorry, I'm not trying to be a downer, I'm just nervous." He says to both.

The car comes to a stop. He looks out his window to see this grand estate with too many cars parked outside and takes a deep breath, chanting in his mind, "I can do this".
"Hey Jen?" Jeno hums as the others are exiting the car.
"I love you." He smiles so little crescents form where his eyes once were and this is enough to give Renjun the boost of confidence he needs to start this adventure.
"I love you baby, and hey, if you get nervous again? Just think of it as another party Haechan is taking you to, like a rich college kids house." Renjun chuckles.
"Except this time my boyfriend is taking me." He says softly. Jeno grabs his arm as he tries to get up.
"Did you just call me your boyfriend?" Renjun frowns.
"Im sorry, i know we haven't really put a title on us but I just assumed..." Jeno kisses him hard.
"It's perfect. Im happy that it was you who took the initiative to label us. I like knowing you feel this way about us and the fact that you said it first makes my heart sing." Renjun smiles softly and hugs him before he finally exits the car.

As soon as they walk in, both Renjun and Haechan are in awe.
"I think this is the biggest party we've been to." Haechan says making the other smile.
Jeno walks up and links his arm with Renjun and guides him further in. They all sit at the same table when the food comes out and by the time the party is in full swing. Renjun is having the time of his life, Jeno is making sure of that. They dance to fast songs, slow songs and anything in between. He proudly introduces him to the most important people in the city. Haechan and Mark are having an amazing time too. Mark also treats him like royalty, introducing him to just as many, dancing the night away in each other's arms.
When they see Taeyong embraced in a handsome man's arms they all feel hope for him. He's always so sad because of his lost love, and while no one can replace that, he can at least find some happiness with someone new. This night is perfect.

From across the room someone watches, dying inside. Anger and jealousy pooling in their stomach, even if they have no right.
When he sees it, he freezes for only a moment. This family has done so much for him, his only thoughts are of his Taeyong and saving him anymore grief.
He fast walks, he sees the shiny metal blade as it raises to strike Mark as he dances with his eyes closed.
No one else is watching.
He sprints across the room and pushes Mark with as much force as humanly possible as he feels the blade sink into his own back. Screams erupt as people gather around. Mark is angrily searching for who pushed him when he hears Taeyong scream out.

There he is, his betrothed, the man he loves more than anything in the world, lying in a pool of his own blood.