33

"I'm starting to think this is futile."Renjun says exhausted. Jeno pulls him into a hug.
"We will find him baby, don't worry." Renjun sighs.
"Maybe we should split up?" He suggests. Jeno frowns and shakes his head.
"Absolutely not. No one should be alone as long as this lunatic is out here. Now we've searched every party we could find now let's go to the bars. Do you know which ones he likes?" Renjun nods.
"Yeah, there is one a couple blocks from his house he likes to go to sometimes." Jeno nods and kisses his cheek.

They check inside and being it's not too busy they can tell right away he isn't here. They check the bathrooms to no avail. When they walk out Jeno can tell that Renjun is feeling hopeless. He tries calling him again but gets nowhere.
It isn't until they walk by the back of the building that they hear someone crying. They stop in their tracks and walk closer.
"Haechanie? Is that you?" The crying stops and they hear sniffles.
"No, it's not me." They say with a pout that can only be Haechan. Renjun breathes a sigh of relief as he turns his flashlight on Haechan. He's sitting with his back to the wall with his head between his knees.
"Are you drunk Haechanie?" He doesn't respond.
"Leave me alone please? I don't want to be with people right now." Renjun chuckles and walks closer while Jeno stands observing the area with a frown.

"Let's go home Haechan." Renjun says delicately.
"No, I don't want to go back there." Jeno sighs.
"Come to my place with us then." He says. Haechan finally looks up. His face is puffy and red and he has snot everywhere.
"Oh honey, you shouldn't be alone now." Renjun says softly. He tries to stand and wobbles so Jeno steps in and helps him to his feet. He hangs on Renjun's shoulders as they walk to the car.
After helping him in the back Renjun hops up front next to Jeno, who can tell he's relieved. He takes his hand and kisses it as Renjun mouths "Thank you" to him. He just smiles as he pulls away from the curb.

When they get there Renjun takes the liberty of setting up the spare bedroom. Putting clean sheets on the unmade bed.
"Shit! I have to call Mark." Jeno says as he's left alone with Haechan.
"No, don't call him." Jeno just rolls his eyes.
"He's out searching for you. I'm not going to leave him out there all night." Haechan sighs.
"Ok but Can you tell him I don't want to see him tonight?" Jeno nods.
"Should I tell him or are you going to?" Haechan scrunches his brows.
"Tell him what?" He asks picking at his jeans.
"That you are like him now." Haechan doesn't get to respond as they hear a gasp behind them.
Renjun comes over and looks him up and down before pulling his shirt collar down.

He backs away.
"Haechan what did you do?" Haechan's cries are uncontrollable at the moment.
"I was drinking, minding my business and when I left, I was pulled into the alley. She was too strong, I couldn't push her off." He sobs as Renjun starts to cry as well.
"That bitch. I'll kill her myself." He says coldly.
Renjun walks back over and embraces him while Jeno walks away to call Mark. He tells him that Haechan isn't ready to see him tonight and as much as it hurts he will respect his wishes.
"I'm just so glad he's safe, take care of him for me." Jeno's lips form a straight line.
"We will. Thank you for helping look." Jeno hangs up and suggests they both get some rest. He walks them to the guest room and tucks them both in.
"You stay with him tonight, I'll be ok in there. I love you prince." Renjun smiles and kisses his lips.
"I love you." He says softly.

"Want to talk about it?" Renjun asks quietly after they are left alone.
"No, just hold me please." Renjun does just that as they eventually fall asleep together.

When they wake the next day Jeno has breakfast waiting. Renjun comes out and wraps his arms around his neck as Jeno's arms go around his small waist. He buries his face in his neck and inhales.
"I missed you." He mumbles. Renjun sighs.
"I missed you." Jeno kisses his lips softly.
"How is Haechan doing?" He asks.
"I don't know, he's sleeping. He wouldn't talk about it last night but maybe he will today?" He says with a shrug. Jeno leads him to the table and pulls out his chair, before sitting in his own.
"You cooked?" Renjun asks as Jeno laughs breathily.
"I ordered in." Jeno stares in his eyes making him shy.
"Come here." He says softly. Renjun smiles and gets up to walk to him. Jeno pulls him into his lap, making him squeal.
"You were too far away." Jeno says answering the question in his eyes.
"I love you." Renjun says softly before pecking his lips.
"I love you my prince." Renjun sighs before Jeno picks up a bit of food on his fork and holds it out for him. He accepts the bite with a giggle.

"Can you guys tone down the cuteness for a while?" Haechan says sounding grumpy. Renjun pouts and kisses Jeno on the cheek before going back to his spot.
"What's got your panties in a twist?" Jeno asks.
"Im fucking hungover. Aren't I like a super hero now? I shouldn't have to suffer like this." Jeno laughs.
"Sorry. You will be stronger, faster, your senses will be heightened but you will still feel pain. Haechan frowns and starts to eat.
"Thanks for the food." He grumbles. Renjun chuckles.

"So, I know for a fact that I had her bite mark hidden. How did you know?" Jeno smiles.
"I couldn't smell your blood." Both Renjun and Haechan look confused.
"You can smell blood? But like you still have blood in you?" Haechan asks.
"It's hard to describe but after a while you will know the difference." Haechan nods, his face showing his sadness.
"So am I going to like, want to kill people or like drink their blood?" He asks.
"You will only want to kill people if you are a killer. As far as blood? You will crave it at times and you will need it at times too but you can control the cravings. We all keep a stockpile of donated blood on hand for when that happens. It's not as often as they portray in the movies." Haechan nods, his stare focused on the wall behind Renjun.

"How will i look Mark in the eyes now? What will he think of me? How could I let this happen?" Renjun takes his hand.
"He will love you still. He will want to kill her, for taking away something he should have done instead." Haechan frowns.
"It should have been him, fuck. I can't face him ever again. He's going to think I'm disgusting. He's going to be so disappointed in me." Jeno shakes his head.
"Mark isn't like that. He loves you and he was so worried about you, trust me, he will be so happy she didn't kill you. In fact just to prove to her that she isn't winning, you should embrace it and act like she did you a favor. It would drive her mad." Haechan smiles.
"Yeah it would but I really don't want to see that bitch again. And now that she's made a move on both Mark and me, she will likely be after you two or Taeyong next." Jeno nods.

"You should call him. He deserves to know the truth as soon as possible." Renjun says softly. Haechan nods.
"I know. I'll call him now." He stands and thanks Jeno again for breakfast before going to the guest room to call him. When he comes back out he looks almost sick.
"Wish me luck guys. He's going to meet me at my place." Renjun stands.
"Should we go with?" Haechan shakes his head.
"I'll be careful I promise." He says.
"Just remember Haechan, being a vampire doesn't make you invincible. Don't go looking for trouble." Jeno says as they watch him walk out.

"I can't believe this happened." Renjun says softly. Jeno stands and ushers him to the couch so they can sit together.
"This is why I want you so close to me." Renjun hums.
"Oh really? That's the only reason?" Jeno snuggles him closer.
"Well there are too many to list, but the most important one is that you feel like home."