3

When Renjun wakes up he feels warm and tingly. He looks around the room that appears to be a private hospital room and panics. Haechan quickly grabs his hand.
"Shh, baby it's ok." He calms a little but the realization of where he is makes him anxious once again.
"Why am I here? You know I can't afford a private room?" He asks with tears spilling out.
"It's paid for." Renjun frowns.
"By who?" He asks figuring it was probably Haechan.
"The doctor told me what happened and they said that the company you work for at least the corporate side has paid for this for as long as you need. I'm assuming to prevent you from suing." He says with a shrug.

"What time is it?" Now Haechan starts to cry as he looks at his watch.
"It's 9:25 PM, Wednesday." Renjun frowns.
"But?" Haechan nods.
"You've been sleeping for three days, they looked into your records and found me as your emergency contact and I came right away. I was so scared Junie, why didn't you tell me you were suffering like that?" He shakes his head in disappointment.
"I'm sorry, I thought it would get better on its own. I didn't want to worry you and I couldn't miss more work." He sobs uncontrollably as Haechan holds him.

"I was so scared. I couldn't fight him off. I th-thought he was going to r-rape me. B-but that man, he saved me. I wish I could Thank him." Haechan kisses his head.
"I don't know who it was but yeah, if we find out then you can for sure." He nods and starts wiping his eyes.
"How do you feel?" Haechan asks. Renjun shrugs.
"I feel a little better I think. My back and my wrist hurts but otherwise I'm good." Haechan sighs in relief.
"They said the infection was bad. They have you on really strong medicines for that. They had to open the incision and put a tube in to drain it out. They will close it back up when it's all clear." Renjun frowns and lays back on his pillow.
"I'm sorry for causing so much trouble." He says quietly.
"I'm just glad you are safe and healing." Renjun nods then hears Haechan's stomach rumble.
"Go get food. I'll be fine by myself for a while." He reluctantly leaves.

Renjun put the tv on for entertainment but soon wonders about his incision.
He carefully pulls the blanket and his gown over, exposing his side. He sees a bag attached through a hole in his side slowly filling with puss. It's gross, it makes him want to vomit. He stares blankly at it as he hears a knock.
"Come in." He knows it's only a nurse or Haechan. He has no other friends or family. He's still staring at his bag when he hears a throat clear. He looks up to see three very attractive men standing there watching him. He sits stunned until he realizes he's partially exposed. He quickly covers himself and looks up with bright red cheeks.
"H-hi? How can I help you?" He asks shyly.
"Sorry to come in here by surprise like this. I'm Taeyong, this is Mark and this is Jeno. We are here to represent the company. I'm so sorry for what happened"
Renjun studies them closely and sees a familiar man with black hair. He squints his eyes.
"The uh man who did that, after getting his face rearranged has been fired and brought up on charges. Your job is secure and we will be implementing higher standards for hiring." He nods and looks down ashamed.

"Thank you." He looks directly in the eyes of the man he believes saved him.
"I was sick and weak." Tears pour out.
"If you hadn't come when you did, then he probably would have." He breaks into sobs and the one who saved him walks over and gently touches his hand. It's cool to the touch but soothing in a way. He looks up and is met with eyes as dark as night.
"I would have kicked his ass if I was stronger." He says through his tears.
"I have no doubt. You are strong, I can tell." He says in a voice that sounds heavenly to the smaller.
"Are you Jeno?" He nods with a soft smile.

"Hey baby I'm back, sorry I took so long I ate in the cafeteria so you wouldn't have to watch me eat real food." Haechan says as he's looking at his phone.
Jeno pulls his hand away and removes the comfort it provided.
"Haechanie, I have company." Renjun says softly and he finally looks up.
"Oh? Hi." He says awkwardly.
"Hi, I'm Taeyong, these are my brothers, Jeno and Mark." He says gesturing to each.
"Hi." He says at a loss for words when one of the men catch his eye.

"This is the man who saved me." Renjun says as he bravely grabs his hand.
Jeno smiles stiffly at him but Haechan could care less as the other brother whom he happens to find extremely attractive is staring him down.
"Uh, n-nice to meet you." He says quietly.

"Well, ok. We just wanted to inform you of the situation and uh, who has the?" Taeyong asks his brothers. Jeno reaches in his pocket and hands Renjun an envelope.
He opens it and gasps.
"What is this for?" He asks with his brows furrowed.
"This should be enough money to cover your rent and any other expenses for a month. In which time you can decide for yourself your place of employment and we will accommodate." Taeyong says with a bright smile.

He starts to cry again and while most think it's happy tears, Haechan knows. He walks up and takes his unoccupied hand as he rips his other from Jeno's grasp. He takes the envelope and slams it onto his chest.
"I thought you were here because maybe you actually cared. I should have known better. You are just trying to buy me off." Taeyong and Jeno both have frowns on their faces while Mark is still staring at the other.
"What? No. It isn't like that I promise. We have no intention of hiding this from the public. That man will go on trial in the courts and in the public eye. We mean no offense." He shakes his head and quietly responds.
"Please leave, and take the money with you." Jeno wants to protest but the look on Renjun's face tells him it's of no use.
"Im sorry." He whispers. He walks away and carefully places the envelope at the foot of the bed when he isn't looking.

Jeno is the first to leave with Taeyong right on his heels. Mark is having trouble walking away but finally manages.
"Junie, baby. I believe they have the best intentions." Haechan says softly.
"You know I can't take it. This room is already too much."