34

Haechan hears the knock on the door as he sits on the top of his stairs. He's terrified, he doesn't want Mark to be angry with him. Mostly he doesn't want him to be disappointed.
"Come in." He says loud enough for Mark to hear.
"How could you say that? What if Giselle was at your door?" Haechan only sighs.
"I knew it was you." He says quietly.
"Are you ok, Haechanie?" Mark asks as he hears a deep sadness in the other's voice.
"Don't come closer yet. Please." Mark stops in his tracks. His mind reeling with why Haechan could be acting this way.
"Do you still feel me?" Haechan asks.
"Yes. I feel you now. It's so strong." He can't see Haechan crying, he doesn't have a clue as to what this is about but he knows something is way off.
"I love you Mark Lee." Mark smiles sadly, feeling like this is probably goodbye.

"Haechan, please? Come down stairs and talk to me? Please?" He begs.
He hears slow footsteps and his heart is racing. He's really hoping Haechan didn't call him over to break up with him.
"Haechan?" He questions as he walks down the stairs, already knowing the difference.
"I only went out for a drink, I was upset. I needed it you know? I wasn't asking for this. I'm terrified. Terrified of what this new life will be for me, of what you will think of me." Mark walks closer.
"Was it her? Did she do this?" He nods yes with tears streaming down his face.

He can see the fury in Mark's stare. He feels the anger radiating off of him.
"This isn't what I meant when I said you needed to understand my life." Mark says softly.
"This isn't fair. She took away your human form without your consent. She needs to die a horrible death. I will see to it." He says bitterly.
"I'm sorry." Haechan says as he finally finishes descending the stairs.
"I tried so hard to fight her off but she was too strong. Please forgive me." Mark softens and walks to him.
"You did nothing wrong." He touches his cheek.
"It's only been one day and I miss you like crazy." Mark says with a sigh.
"Me too." Haechan whispers.
"If you let me, I'll help you through this." Mark says softly as he opens his arms and welcomes Haechan for a soft hug.

"I'm so sorry, so, so sorry for hurting you Mark." Mark rubs his back.
"Shh, it's ok baby. You needed some time and unfortunately you got more than that. I'm sorry this happened to you." Mark says softly.
"But, wouldn't you have wanted this? Wouldn't you have wanted me to be like you?" Haechan asks through his tears.
"I wanted, I only ever wanted you to be happy. If you wanted this then I would have gladly given it to you. But I wanted it to be on your terms. I wanted you to make that decision on your own." Haechan only nods.

"How are you feeling?" Mark asks softly.
"Physically? Fine. Good actually." He sighs.
"I wish it was you. I feel kind of gross because it was her. She had her fucking mouth on me." Haechan says disgusted. Mark frowns and pushes his head back to look at the mark. He kisses it softly, then licks over it.
"I'm sorry it wasn't me." He whispers.
"It could have been our own special memory. Our special bond." Haechan says as Mark shakes his head.
"Our bond is here." He gestures between their hearts.
"We have so many other memories and can make many more." Haechan nods.

"Mark?" He questions as he is still being held in the middle of the floor.
"Yeah?"
"Can i kiss you?" Mark frowns.
"You don't have to ask." He says softly.
"But you broke up with me." Haechan says sadly.
"Baby, i wasn't breaking up with you, I just thought you needed to be away from me for a while to figure out if you could handle my life." Haechan sighs.
"Please don't leave me again?" He asks with a desperation Mark has never heard before.
"This is my life now, and I need you in it. Just like I needed you before." Mark touches his face.
"I'll never leave you again baby, I'm so sorry." Haechan doesn't speak, he just leans in and kisses him softly.
"Will you stay with me today and cuddle me?" Mark's smile grows the longer he looks at him.
"You know I will."

They go to his room so they can change into comfortable clothes and plan to watch some movies together, to just forget real life for a while.
Half way through the second Haechan is snoring on Mark's chest. He whispers his name, making sure he is asleep before peeling him off gently so he can sit up. He goes to the end of the bed and pulls his phone out to call Jeno.
"Hey." He says in a whisper.
"Hey, how's he doing?" Jeno asks.
"He's Good, He's sleeping." Jeno hums.
"So, we need to deal with this bitch once and for all. She's done too much already. We need to set a trap and rip her limbs off." Jeno chuckles.
"While I agree dismemberment sounds fitting, I don't think your boyfriend would want that." Mark sighs.
"I know, I'm just so pissed. My gut tells me she will do something awful though. She could have killed him and for some reason she didn't. She's probably saving it for you or Renjun so please, whatever you do, do not let him out of your sight." Jeno hums.
"If only I would have heeded my own advice." He says sadly.
"There is no sense in placing blame on anyone but her. She's obviously watching us closely. She knew Haechan was going to be alone. You should call Taeyong and fill him in. I know he didn't want us to call him but he needs to know." Mark nods, deep in thought. It isn't until Jeno clears his throat that he stirs again.
"Sorry, yeah. I will right now." Jeno chuckles.
"Take care of your man." He looks back at his sleeping Haechan and smiles softly.
"I will. Talk later." He hangs up and sighs before calling Taeyong.

"Mark? Hey, I ordered you a new bed. Your mattress got a bit bloody, sorry but hey Doyoung is doing amazing. He woke up in the middle of the night." Mark smiles.
"That's great Taeyong. Im happy for you." Taeyong hums.
"What's going on? I hear something in your voice Mark." He sighs.
"Giselle got to Haechan last night." Taeyong gasps.
"Oh my god is he ok?" He asks in a panic.
"He's fine in a sense. She turned him." Taeyong goes silent.
"Im going to rip that bitch apart." He says lowly.
"I feel the same but I have to be careful, Haechan is sensitive and he wasn't too comfortable with all of this before, like he was so upset how easy you just turned Doyoung like that. I told him that we should take a break until he figured out if he really wanted to be a part of it but he was upset and went out alone to the bar and that's where she got him. I feel so responsible." Taeyong sighs.
"Im just scared, I love him so much. I don't want him to resent me for this." Taeyong can hear the emotion in his voice.
"I hear you, I get a little insecure about Doyoung too. He didn't want it either. I know Haechan loves you, I honestly don't think he will resent you. He will adjust, just be there for him and give him time." Mark nods as he wipes his eyes.
"I plan to. I just hope he can forgive me." He takes a deep breath.
"I'll let you get back to Doyoung, I just wanted to get you up to speed."

After saying their goodbyes Mark can't help but weep.
"I don't resent you Mark, I love you. Don't cry." Haechan says softly. Mark turns and sees him lying there, staring with soft eyes and crawls up and cries into his neck. Haechan holds him tightly and rubs his back.
"I know your heart, even when I was unsure about this life I knew your heart. I know you would never want for any harm to come to me and I take full responsibility for going out alone to drink. I chose that." Mark nods against his skin.
"I know, I know, I just, I want to take it all back." Haechan smiles softly and brings his chin up so he can see his eyes.
"I am one hundred percent ready to live life this way with you by my side. I have accepted my fate and you should too. All you need to do now is walk me through it. Teach me how to live." Mark kisses him with a force he never has.
"You are my soul mate Mark Lee, betrothed or not, we are meant for each other."
They end their day making love, fueled by passion, love and understanding. Their hearts full.