14

When Jeno walks into his office his brothers are there, casually talking as if this is a normal thing for them to do.
"So, how was lunch?" Mark asks teasingly. Jeno sighs.
"Amazing." Taeyong chuckles.
"So it didn't take that long to charm him after all. I hear wedding bells." He teases. Jeno smiles.
"Let's not get ahead of ourselves. We need to get this Chanyeol situation under control." Mark frowns.
"Why what happened?" Jeno sits at his desk and rubs his face.
"He picked him up for work this morning. He's always touching him. I think he is planning to make a move soon and now that he knows Renjun and I know each other he could try sooner. Mark, you need to convince him. Tell him he's dangerous. Tell him anything to get him away."

"Do we have grounds to let him go? Can't we just fire him on speculation?" Taeyong shakes his head.
"We could but it would be too late anyway. He knows where he lives. He is still marked prey as far as he's concerned." Jeno slams his fist on the desk.
"We should have gotten rid of that bastard a year ago." Mark nods.
"I agree. I was worried of possible retaliation but we can handle it. Renjun can't." Taeyong hums.
"Maybe you should just tell Renjun the truth about him? Maybe you should tell him the truth about you?" Jeno shakes his head no.
"If I do I'll probably never see him again. It would quite possibly break me." Mark touches his hand.
"I'll get him away don't worry. Then when the time comes we will take care of that bastard once and for all." Jeno nods.
"Tonight. Talk to him tonight." Mark nods and whips out his phone.
"I'll call Haechan and have him invite him over for the night. I'll explain it to both of them. Haechan will help me. He loves Renjun. He would do anything for him." Jeno smiles.
"Good, call me and let me know how it goes. I'm going to meet him when he's done and drive him home. I'll make sure to wait and take him to Haechan's too."

After coming up with a small plan Jeno feels a little better but every second he sits at his desk so close to a creature like him makes him nervous. He got Renjun's number so he texts him cute messages throughout the rest of the day, hoping that if he has a problem he would tell him.

As Renjun packs his things up for the day there is a knock on his door.
"Yeah?" He questions. Of course it's Jeno, making his heart stop.
"Hi, I'm here to take you home." Renjun frowns. But I thought you were picking me up?" Jeno smiles sweetly.
"I am, but this way I'll get to know where you live." Renjun makes a pouty face.
"But that's too much. I'm sure it's so out of your way." Now Jeno pouts.
"Please? It would make me feel so much better knowing you get home safe tonight." Renjun looks down with a small smile and agrees.

The car ride is filled with comfortable silence yet again until Jeno finally speaks up.
"How did things go today? No one bothered you?" He hums.
"No. It was good."
Jeno smiles.
"Good. Are you hungry?" He asks as he turns the next corner.
"Mm, a little, but Haechan invited me to have dinner and stay at his house to watch a movie. Oh yeah, I won't be here in the morning." He says. Jeno smiles to himself.
"That's fine, I'll pick you up there."

They get to his building and while Jeno thinks this place is not fit for a human as perfect as Renjun, he will not put him down for living the best he can.
"I have to get some things, would you like to come up?" He asks before getting red in the cheeks.
"I'm sorry, I'm sure you wouldn't want to be seen in a place like this." Jeno shakes his head with a smile.
"Renjun, you should know, I've not always been rich. The village I grew up in was very poor, my parents struggled to feed us some days."
Renjun pouts.
Jeno dies.
"Village? That sounds so old?" Jeno chuckles.
"Im such an old man, sorry. My little town, is that better?" He asks with a light tease in his voice."
"Sorry."'Renjun says with a chuckle.
"I actually like the way you speak. You sound well educated." Jeno nods.
"That's good then because I am." Renjun smiles awkwardly, thinking about the fact that he never got to go to college and how Jeno probably thinks he's dumb.

After sitting in the quiet for too long Jeno nudges him.
"You should wipe the pout off your lips." God how he would love to do it for him.
"Sorry, you can come up, if you want. I don't have much but it's home." Jeno happily gets out of the car and goes around to open his door for him. Renjun blushes again.
"Thank you."

Jeno follows him up the narrow, dimly lit staircase. As they walk down the hall they hear a crash in one of the apartments that startles Jeno. Renjun however is used to that kind of thing.
"Sorry, that's the old drunk. He's desperately searching his place for money right now so he can go to the bar. It's a sad sight really."
Renjun opens the door and walks through as Jeno stands out in the hall.
"Well, come in." Renjun says like It's obvious. Jeno smirks and walks in, closing the door behind him.

"I know it's nothing compared to where you probably live but it's mine." Jeno laughs.
"You would be surprised. I live downtown in a high rise yes, but im very minimalistic. I don't have gold toilet seats or anything of extravagance. I do have one painting that is very old, but you would be surprised." Renjun smiles.
"Would you like a drink? I have a soda, a couple beers and water." Jeno walks to where he's digging in his refrigerator.
"Water is fine, thank you." He grabs one and himself a beer. He chugs it pretty quickly surprising the other. He belches then covers his mouth.
"Oh, I'm sorry."'Jeno laughs, his eyes almost disappearing.
"It's fine, you're cute." He watches as Renjun works his way out of the kitchen with reddened cheeks. His heart does so many flips he thinks maybe this could actually be what finally kills him. Death from cuteness overload.

When they arrive at Haechan's he walks him to the door.
"Would you like to come in? Im sure he wouldn't mind." Jeno stares into his eyes and touches the side of his face before he even realizes he's doing it.
"Sorry." He says pulling it away.
"I've taken up too much of your time today anyway. You go be with friends and I'll head home." He says quietly and Renjun would swear he sees a deep loneliness in his eyes. He grabs his hand and pulls him along.
"Nonsense. I really enjoy spending time with you, unless, you are tired of me?" He questions, unsure if he should be this bold with him.
"I could never get tired of being with someone as beautiful as you." Renjun blushes again but shakes it off.
"Good, come on." He pulls him in but stops abruptly making Jeno bump into him and turns.
"Wait, are you just trying to get in my pants?" He asks with his brow raised.
"No." Jeno says simply and while Renjun wanted this answer, it doesn't mean he's not disappointed.
"Ok good." He chuckles nervously.
"Just checking." Jeno smiles and takes his hand before he can walk away.
"I'm trying to get in your heart." Renjun gasps.
"Oh." He turns and quickly goes to find Haechan.