2

"Uno." Renjun says with a wicked grin as he watches Haechan pout about his massive pile of cards.
"You cheat." He says baby like.
"It's pure talent, and maybe luck? But I'm not a cheater." He sticks out his tongue playfully before wincing.
"I think I need a pain pill." Haechan hands over his bottle and a glass of water. Renjun has been here one full day already and he's trying to set his worries behind because he's having a nice time with Haechan.

They continue to play, even though Renjun has beaten him three times already but it doesn't take long for his powerful drugs to kick in and he's getting a little sleepy. Haechan tucks him in, making sure he has everything he needs by his side.
"Haechanie? Do you think I'll ever find love? Or am I destined to be alone forever?" Haechan smiles softly at him, knowing the drugs are making him say things he normally wouldn't.
"I think you have the perfect man out there waiting for you to come into his life."
He walks out with a small smile, he knows whoever Renjun finds will be lucky to have him.

They spend the next few days playing board games and watching movies. Haechan also took a few days off of work but he wasn't in any jeopardy to lose his or be short for bills, he had sick days saved. Of course Renjun didn't want him to waste them on him but he insisted it was fine.
By Sunday Renjun is packing up to go home. Of course Haechan won't let him do any of the heavy lifting but Renjun doesn't mind. He's been in a bit more pain but of course doesn't tell the other. He doesn't want him to worry so he will just make sure to take all his pain meds.

He's nervous about going back to work. His boss is kind of an asshole and he's supposed to go ask him if he can have lighter duties after not being at work for four days.
Renjun's apartment is chilly, he always keeps the heat set at low to save money and Haechan is uncomfortable with leaving him here but he is stubborn and won't listen anyway.

"Are you sure you feel better? Do you need more time? I won't make you stay at my house but maybe you should stay home a few more days?" Renjun smiles softly at his dear friend.
"Haechan, I loved the time I spent at your house. It was just like when we were younger, it was so fun. I appreciate all the help and care you've given me but it's time to go back to the real world. I have to face reality, that I'm a grown up in a sad cold world and have to feed myself." Haechan nods, his mouth in a straight line.
"I love you Haechanie, thank you for everything. And don't worry, soon enough we will be partying again." Haechan chuckles.
"My renjunie, the little party animal." He giggles and offers a hug to the other.

Renjun wakes in the middle of the night in a cold sweat, the pain in his side is almost unbearable. He stumbles across the hall to his tiny bathroom and leans his hands on the counter. He splashes his face with water and dries it before lifting his shirt to check his incision. He can see already the bulging in his lower stomach and winces.
"Infected." He whispers. He slowly peels away the bandage, he cries at the pain of it being glued to his wound by blood and puss that seeped through.
The greenish brown color making him sick to his stomach. He grabs a cloth and wets it before gently cleaning it. He adds an antiseptic spray and cream before covering it again. He quickly downs an extra antibiotic pill and two more pain pills and trudges back to his room.
"FUCK." He yells out into his room. The sound echoing off his empty walls. He crawls into bed, curled in a tight ball as he tries to will away the pain long enough to fall asleep.

By the next day he isn't much better. He cleans his wound again and eats a quick meal.
He decides to go in a little early so he has time to talk to the boss before his shift.
It's cold today as he limps his way down the street. Screw leaving early, he probably will still be late at this rate. By the time he arrives he's sweating and freezing at the same time.

He enters through the same steel door he has every day for the last year and sighs. With each step taken the pain is increasing. The ugly gray walls closing in as he uses one to hold himself up.
He gets to the door and is filled with dread, he's not sure if it's his current state or the fact that he has to face his boss. He knocks as hard as he can but he's weaker by the second.
"Enter." He hears from behind the door.
"E-excuse me sir." He looks up from his desk and smirks.
"Mr. Huang, close the door." He does that and walks further into the room, he braces himself on the back of a chair in front of the desk.

"Hi, I uh, I'm ready to come back b-but I have to ask if you can p-put me on light duty for a week?" He chuckles.
"Ahh, well I'm sorry to inform you but your position has been filled. We no longer need your services." He's gutted, he was so worried this would happen. His fingertips dig into the chair back as he shakes continuously, he's not sure if it's anger or his infection causing it.
"But, I need this." He says weakly.
"You didn't seem to need it last week when you missed all those days." He says with gritted teeth.
"I had surgery." He Can only mutter.
"Please, there must be something, anything I can do to change your mind? Please, I'll do anything." His boss hums while tapping his fat fingers on the desk. He quickly stands and paces the floor. Renjun can't keep his eyes on him, it's making him dizzy.

"I got it, there is one thing you can do for me." Renjun tries to turn to face him but he's getting more unstable on his feet. When he hears the man's zipper, he thinks this is it. He is done.
"Get on your knees and show me how bad you want this." Renjun slowly turns, his anger growing. He looks him dead in the eye and kicks him in the dick. Unfortunately he's weak so it only hurt a little.
"You little fucker, get over here." He rips him away from the door and throws him at his desk.
He groans, tears start falling as he knows he's too weak to fight this man off. His back aching from the impact.

He grabs him by his shirt and pulls him up only to turn him and slam him into his desk again. His vision goes white as he presses him further into the desk with his groin. His infected incision pressed firmly on the edge. He still tries to fight back in his weakened state. He lets out a blood curdling scream as he grinds his hips on him, further intensifying the pain.
It's so quick that neither register the door flying off the hinges after a big boom. In a flash the man is thrown against the wall. His face being pummeled by a man in a nice black suit.

Renjun tries to stand and exit the room but just as the man in the suit turns and makes eye contact he falls to the floor in a heap.