39

Just a fluffy chapter. 💚

The ride back to their place is quiet. Jeno is as much on edge as he is happy. Renjun sits with his hand being held by his love, which is nice but he feels like he let him down. He stares out the window with silent tears rolling down his cheeks, he doesn't want to even look in his direction at the moment.

Jeno knows, he can see his reflection in his window, he can feel his sadness coming off of him. He rubs his thumb in Renjun's palm, letting him know that he is his source of comfort which makes Renjun cry harder. Jeno pulls him so he can rest against him as he drives and just holds him.

When they finally make it home Jeno holds onto him protectively as they make their way through the lobby. It's not busy which is nice because now he can see if Jaemin is still lingering, easier. He continues to hold him silently in the elevator and doesn't let go until they walk through the door.

As Jeno takes off his jacket by the door, Renjun starts to walk away but soon stops in his tracks. He turns and quickly walks to Jeno and clings to his waist.
"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry I messed everything up. I did everything wrong and everything is so fucked up amd I'm just so sorry I disappointed you." Jeno pulls out of the hug and holds onto his shoulders.
"Renjun, look at me prince." He says as Renjun's head is facing the floor.
"I'm upset that you put your life in danger twice. I love you and don't want to live without you. I'm angry at Jaemin for showing up, and want to kill him for threatening you. I'm angry at Giselle for existing, but you? I love you. I am so happy you are here in my arms, I'm so happy I can say, welcome home."
Renjun smiles softly, still slightly crying.
"You aren't mad at me? I never should have let him in, it was one bad decision after another and I knew better. I should have slammed the door in his face." Jeno kisses his salty lips and wraps his arms around his waist.

"It's all over now, let's just enjoy the rest of our evening together." Renjun nods and follows him further in, hands linked. Jeno really doesn't want to let go. He leads him to their bedroom and pulls him in for a hug.
"This is our room now." Jeno says softly. Renjun smiles and kisses his cheek.
"Well that is if you still want me here as your boyfriend and not your houseboy." Jeno growls.
"I'm sorry he said all those degrading things to you. We are equals. Wait no. We can't be equals, because I am just a vampire, but you. You are my prince. I must worship the ground you walk on." Renjun slaps his chest with a smile.
"Stop." He snuggles into Jeno's chest and breathes him in.
"You should get out of this stuffy, suit. I'm sorry for ruining it." Renjun says softly.
"I've got other suits, and only one of you, I think it's an ok trade. But I do kind of want to clean up." Renjun nods.
"Go shower, I'm going to change then I want you to hold me all night." Jeno smiles.
"Well if you want I could hold you in the shower too." He says making Renjun giggle.
"Just go." He says before kissing his lips gently.

As soon as he goes to shower Renjun gets to work. He goes to the dining room and sees their plates still sitting there untouched, the candles burned down to nothing and sighs. He doesn't dwell too long as he grabs the dishes and takes them to wash. He cleans up the table completely and lights a few vanilla candles to get rid of the old fish smell.
He turns on some soft music and changes into some of his soft silky pajamas that Jeno had bought for him when he stays over. At first he was reluctant to accept them but he could see how much Jeno wanted to do that for him so he accepted the gifts graciously.
He sighs as the soft material touches his skin. He really loves wearing these.

He goes back out and sits on the couch as he waits for the other.
Jeno soon emerges wearing his black silky robe with obviously, nothing underneath. Renjun looks at him with only love reflecting in his eyes. Jeno holds his hand out for Renjun to take and pulls him up into his arms.
"Dance with me." He whispers. Renjun immediately wraps his arms around his neck while Jeno holds his waist and they sway slowly to the music.
"I'm proud of you baby, you were so brave tonight." Renjun looks in his eyes and smiles softly.
"I mean It, you scared the hell out of me, and it was dangerous but you did well. I need you to know this." Renjun nods and accepts his lips willingly.

Jeno tucks his face into Renjun's neck and leaves soft kisses.
"Are you hungry baby? You never got to eat anything." Jeno says softly.
"Im ok. How about you? I Can make us something?" Renjun asks. Jeno shakes his head no.
"I'm ok too." Renjun kisses his neck as they continue to dance together slowly.
"God, I'm so in love with you." Jeno whispers.
"I never thought that this feeling could grow so much. It goes way beyond being betrothed at this point. When I first felt it, it was amazing. This deep feeling of need for you, the tingles I feel whenever your near me, but now it goes so much deeper." Renjun stops moving and pulls his head up so he can stare at his face.
"I feel the same, it feels like every day it gets stronger. It's both comforting and terrifying. I can't imagine what I would do if I had to live a life without you." Jeno pulls him in for a deep kiss and carries him back to their bedroom. He sets him down and tells him to take off all his clothes, which he does so without question.

They both get into bed and Jeno pulls him over so he is laying on top of him and sighs.
"I just want to feel all of you while we sleep baby." Renjun smiles and tucks himself into him. Jeno runs his fingers softly down his back to his butt and back up. Renjun sighs, enjoying the feeling. He kisses Jeno's chest and neck almost like a whisper.
"I used to struggle with my fate. Why was I made to suffer through all these lifetimes, deaths of people I had grown close to. Why was this my destiny? What was the purpose? Now I know it's you. I was waiting for you this whole time. Thank you for coming into my life." Renjun can't help but cry. The pain Jeno must have felt through decades of his life must be immeasurable.
"Jen?" He hums in question.
"I've been thinking about this for a while now and I want to live the rest of our lives together." Jeno looks in his eyes.
"I want to be your prince forever." Jeno feels the breath get caught in his throat.
"Really? Like now?" Renjun nods with a smile.
"As soon as you are willing to change me." He says softly.
"That is if you really want me to?" Renjun says hesitantly.
"Of course I do. We need to wait a few days though. I'd like you to be stronger. You've had quite an ordeal today and your body went through trauma, so it's best if we wait." Renjun nods with a small smile.
"Ok, I'll wait. I love you." He says softly against his lips. Jeno kisses him deeply.
"My prince forever, I love the sound of that." Renjun chuckles and pecks him once more before tucking himself back into his warmth.
"Good night baby, I love you." Renjun hums.
"Good night my love."