36

It's been a little over a week with no sign of Giselle, she seems to be in hiding. Haechan has been adjusting well to this new life. He's relied more on Renjun than he thought he would which makes him feel good. Jeno was right.
"Renjun, I'm taking you to my place tonight. Haechan and Mark are out for the night and I have a meeting with the board. I feel like you will be safer there anyway." Jeno says as they near his apartment. Renjun hums.
"So I have to be alone at your place?" He asks unsure.
"I won't be that long and if you wanted, I wouldn't be against you cooking dinner tonight. I miss your cooking. Or you could wait in the office?"  Renjun smiles wide.
"I'd love to cook for you. How long will you be?" Jeno looks at the time.
"A couple hours or so. I should be home by eight for sure." Renjun smiles again.
"Perfect." He says cutely.

When they get in Jeno gives him a long slow kiss.
"I love you baby, I'll see you later. Be safe ok?" Renjun nods.
"Of course, you too. Love you." He says with a small wave.
He locks the door then decides to shower and put on more comfortable clothes. He left some here for when he stays. He takes a nice long hot shower, he's really getting used to these. He washes with his body wash that Jeno bought him. It's vanilla, Jeno likes that smell on him. He sighs, this is the first time he's been alone since this Giselle thing happened. He's torn between feeling a little lonely and scared to feeling happy to have some time to himself.
When he finally gets out he wraps in one of the new big towels that Jeno bought and goes to his room. He really thinks he will like it here. He really thinks he might move in soon.

After taking his time dressing he goes to the kitchen and starts searching for ingredients. He wants to make something special, he's thinking of telling Jeno tonight that he will move in with him. He finds some fish thawed in the refrigerator and some vegetables, he will make rice to go with it and he will grab a good bottle of wine.

He starts chopping veggies and cooking the rice then he puts the fish in a baking pan with a little butter and lemon with salt and pepper. He sets it aside for now because it doesn't take that long to cook and goes to set the table.
He brings out the nice wine glasses and cloth napkins then puts the silverware out before going back to cooking. He's so excited to see Jeno's face. He knows he will love this.
He puts the fish into the oven and sautés the veggies in sesame oil.
It's about 7:30 when he gets it all ready. Jeno should be home any minute. He plates everything and smiles at how lovely it looks on the table. He takes a quick picture and goes to wait on the couch.

It isn't long until the doorbell rings. He's not sure why he would do that but maybe he's just being playfull. Just to be safe though he looks out the peep hole but he doesn't see Jeno.
He slowly opens it to a nicely dressed person.
"Hello?" He questions. He's greeted with a blinding smile.
"Why hello."

True to Jeno's word he is home just before 8 he tried to get out sooner but it was impossible. He walks in to see the place dimly lit and smiles softly. He loves having someone to come home to and wishes it could be this way forever. He goes to the dining room after seeing a glow and sees their plates set up nicely. Everything looks delicious. He can't wait.
"Renjunie? Where are you baby?" He calls out as he walks to the darkened living room. He sees a silhouette but frowns.
"Hey Junie, I'm sorry I'm later than I should have been." He says softly.
"Hello Jeno." He hears in a voice that is not Renjun's. Now it clicks, he never got that feeling he always gets when he's near.

"Where is he?" A throat clears.
"Who? Your little house boy? He left so we could talk." Jeno frowns.
"Bull shit. Who the fuck are you and where is Renjun?" The person clicks their tongue before standing and slowly turning toward the light.
"Is that any way to treat a long lost friend?" Jeno is slack jawed.
"Jaemin?" He nods and walks closer. He's wearing a nice suit and looks to be in good health.
"What did you do to him?" He asks in a panic. He quickly runs off to search every room of the house.

When he gets back in the living room Jaemin is standing there with his arms crossed looking smug.
"I told you he left. I explained to him that you are my long lost love and that I was here to collect what's mine." Jeno scoffs.
"What? Me? Fuck you. How did you even get in here?" He asks in agitation.
"I Can be very persuasive when needed. He's such a nice boy." Jeno sees red.
"Stop talking down on him." Jaemin holds his hands up in surrender.
"Ok, sorry. He was nice we visited for a few minutes then I asked him to leave and he did." Jeno shakes his head in disbelief.
"No, he wouldn't have just left like that. We have a bond, he trusts me. He knows I wouldn't want this now what did you do?" Jaemin sighs.
"Fine, I may have bared my teeth and threatened him a little. But I must say, he still was a stubborn little shit. He almost fought me." He chuckles.

"Leave my house before I end you. As soon as you walk out the invitation is rescinded. You are not welcome here, now get your filthy face out of my fucking home."
Jeno starts frantically calling Renjun but he doesn't answer.
"Fuck." He says lowly.
"He said to tell you he was safe and at Haechan's. Don't worry. He's with his friend, you see?" Jaemin walks closer and places his hand on Jeno's shoulder.
Jeno's fangs make an appearance.
"Get your fucking hand off me." He rages as he goes to get his keys.
"Jeno, I really Don't understand? I thought you would be happy to see me after all these years." Jeno chuckles lowly.
"Not even in the slightest." He goes to his door and opens it, gesturing for Jaemin to leave.

He sighs and walks out the door but stops midway to the elevator.
"I know you loved me once, you could love me again." He says quietly. Jeno out right laughs in his face on his way to the elevator.
"You lost that chance when you stayed with them." He says with a growl. He looks back and sees actual tears falling from Jaemin's eyes, as if he actually has a heart.
"I didn't have any family before it happened and they took me in, they gave me a sense of belonging, a sense of family that I didn't have." Jeno stops the elevator door from closing and as quick as a flash has Jaemin pinned to the wall.
"THEY KILLED MY FAMILY YOU FUCKING PRICK!
You could have come with us. You could have been a part of my family, my life but you chose to be with murdering rapists. You chose an evil way of life and I never want to see your face around me, my family and especially Renjun. Just disappear so I don't have to kill you." He drops him to the floor and stomps his way to the elevator, he doesn't look back. His rage is overwhelming at the moment and he hopes he can keep it under control.

He drives as fast as he can, the only thought in his head is about his precious prince who could be hurt by Jaemin's words or worse, in danger or hurt physically.
He pulls up quickly and fears the state Renjun will be in. Will he be angry? Sad? Will he want to leave him? His heart is shattering at the thought.
He bangs loudly on the door not getting a response. He doesn't like this, he doesn't normally just break into peoples homes on a bad feeling but this is different.

He kicks the door off it's hinges and bursts through the door. What he sees when he gets there is traumatizing to say the least. Never in his wildest dreams would he have thought that Renjun would be standing in the middle of the floor covered in blood.