18

"Junie? My baby, are you ok?" Haechan asks frantically as he bursts through Jeno's office door. Mark practically had to hold him down the whole elevator ride as he was bouncing with anticipation.
"I'm ok now. My wrist was broken but Jeno took care of him. I was so scared." He says into his shoulder as Haechan squeezes him.
"I came as soon as Mark called. I was so worried." He says softly.
"It's ok, im safe here now. I'm safe with Jeno." He whispers. Haechan nods and pulls away. He pulls him to the couch and cuddles him.
"Where is he now?" Haechan asks stroking Renjun's hair.
"Jeno told security to lock him in the deepest pits of hell." Renjun says with a giggle.
"Are you sure that's enough?" Haechan asks.
"No, but I won't let him hurt my prince." Jeno says softly. Haechan smiles knowingly.
"You guys are so cute." Jeno sighs.

"As much as I'd love for Renjun to stay and just hang out with me, I think he needs a little break. Can you take him home? Or to your place? Wherever he feels comfortable." Haechan nods and continues petting his head.
Taeyong finally walks in, it's evident that he was crying. Jeno walks up and hugs him.
"I'm sorry you had to go through that bubu." He nods as Renjun coos.
"Bubu? That is the cutest nickname I've heard. He gets out of Haechan's grip and walks over to Taeyong wrapping him in his arms.
"I'm sorry too. If it wasn't for me.." Taeyong covers his mouth with his hand.
"If it wasn't for Chanyeol. This isn't your fault." Renjun nods and goes back to sit by Haechan.

"Im ready when you are bub." Haechan says softly.
"Oh? Now? Ok." He looks longingly at Jeno, and everyone Can sense he wants to say goodbye. When they all leave he walks up to him and hugs his waist.
"Thank you. If it wasn't for you who knows what could have happened." Jeno rubs his back.
"No need to thank me. Go home and rest. If you want to take the rest of the week you can." Renjun hums.
"I'll let you know how I feel tomorrow." Jeno finally takes the initiative and leans down to kiss him softly.
"Call me whenever you want to ok?" Renjun nods and pecks his lips again.
He gives a small wave as he exits that Jeno returns with a smile.

His smile falls as soon as he leaves. He is beyond angry. He makes a few calls to make Sure Chanyeol is taken care of properly. They inform him he was locked up behind silver bars. He could try to escape but it would only weaken him. He will have a trial in front of the council and will hopefully be banished or put to death.

Taeyong walks back in and accepts another hug from his brother.
"God I love him so much." Jeno nods.
"I know, I know. I'm sorry we had to rip open that wound. It kills me knowing how bad you hurt." Taeyong nods and wipes his eyes.
"As long as he took good care of your precious Renjun, that's all that matters." Jeno smiles softly.
"It sounds nice calling him mine but once he finds out I'm a monster he won't want to be with me." Taeyong pouts.
"You are the furthest thing from a monster, you are an angel and he knows this already." Jeno shrugs.
"I hope he will accept me, I'm afraid to tell him. Like should I just say, oh by the way I'm a vampire? There is no easy way to just say it you know?" Taeyong nods.
"Believe me, I know." Jeno winces.
"Yeah, sorry." Taeyong shrugs it off.
"It is what it is right? I have to move on from this it's been a whole year." Jeno laughs.
"But in our lifetime that's only a drop in the bucket. Let time do it's thing and just do what feels right."

Taeyong decides he is right but maybe it wouldn't hurt to put himself out there anyway.
"We were invited to the governor's ball in two weeks, I'll try to hook up with someone there?"
"Be careful how you say that. You do know that means sex right?" Taeyong chuckles.
"I wasn't born in the last century."
"Trust me I know you're older than that." He bursts out laughing and Jeno is just happy to see his smile again.

As soon as Taeyong leaves his office he sits at his desk to see a missed call from Renjun and calls him right away.
"Jeno? Hi. I just called because, well, I wanted to hear your voice." Jeno smiles widely.
"You're the cutest, did you know that?" Renjun giggles.
"I just sometimes don't think this is real, you know? Like you are you and I'm just me, and sometimes I just need to hear your kind words to know that whatever this is, is real." Jeno pouts his lip, even though the other can't see him.
"First of all, I am so happy that you are giving me a chance. You are amazing, you are my prince. Secondly, I want to have everything with you. I want you to like me, then love me and not be able to go on without me. I am looking toward forever with you." Renjun is stunned into silence at first.
"Wow. Well, I, me too? I've never been into dating around and the few I've been on left me wanting to be single the rest of my life. After meeting you, this is the first time I've ever wanted more and don't worry. I'm a little beyond step one, but I feel like this is a conversation we should have in person." Jeno smiles.
"Very true. Should I leave work now so we can talk? I can finish the rest of my stuff tomorrow." He says softly.
"No, don't leave early on my account. But I wouldn't mind if you came to see me? I'm kind of lonely." Jeno feels his cold heart swell in his chest.
"I'll be sure to stop by. I'm going to hang up then so I can finish my paperwork and see you soon ok?" Renjun is smiling from ear to ear.
"Only if it's no trouble." Jeno chuckles.
"It's an honor to be invited, trust me."

After saying their goodbyes Jeno does a little fist pump. He's always scared to tell Renjun the truth about him but maybe he will accept him, maybe he can be happy until the end of his time.