26

Renjun was offered a ride home from Mark and Haechan but Jeno insisted that he wanted to. Renjun was happy to say the least.

They are currently standing in the threshold of his apartment. Renjun can't take his eyes off the spot that Chanyeol died. There is no visible mark but it's there. He sees it over and over.
"J-Jeno, I, I can't do this. I can't even walk in there, how am I supposed to stay here alone?" Jeno hugs him from behind.
"It's ok, im right here baby. Let's go in and get some of your things and you can stay with me or Haechan." He nods and takes a step. He walks a wide circle around that area. Jeno holds him every step of the way.

They make it to his bedroom and he breathes a sigh of relief. He packs some clothes and his toiletries and nods sadly at Jeno.
"Hey, there is nothing wrong with being afraid. Something awful happened here and I'm so sorry it happened the way it did. If there is anyone to blame it's me.." Renjun shakes his head and wipes at his eyes.
He leads Jeno to the edge of his bed and sits with him.

"This was my first place by myself. When I was sixteen my parents just up and left. It's rumored they went back to China but wherever they went, they left me so that doesn't even matter. They didn't even pack their shit. They just left. I stayed with Haechan for a while because he had been living alone in his family home since he was fifteen. He was an only child and his parents both died in a fire at work. The company left huge settlements for the family's affected and so he was able to keep the house and was even able to afford a few years of college. That's when I decided I needed to get out and be my own man you know?" Jeno nods and kisses his cheek.

"When I got that job at the factory I was able to afford this little shit hole and I was so proud of myself. That even without a college education, I was making my own life. It's not so much the apartment itself but the idea of it. I'm not sad to leave this place, I just don't know if I'm ready to give up my independence." Jeno pulls him to sit in his lap and kisses his face softly.
"First of all, you don't have to give up your independence, no matter where you live. Living with someone doesn't make you dependent. But if it's really that important to you, I can help you find a new place, maybe somewhere a little closer to your job?" Renjun smiles into his neck.
"You would do that for me?" Jeno nods with a small smile. Of course I would. I love you I'll do anything for you." Renjun pecks his lips.
"I love you." He says softly.

"For tonight, please come back to my place, then if you want you can go to Haechan's until we find you something?" Renjun smiles softly and nods.
"One more night wouldn't hurt." Jeno's grin grows. He stands and places his two bags on the bed then pulls Renjun to his feet and turns to face the other way.
"Hop on." He says bending his knees.
"What? Why?" Jeno just turns and gives him a look. "Do you have to question everything? Just trust me." Renjun carefully hops on, he wraps his arms around his neck and his legs around his waist. Jeno picks up the bags.
"Close your eyes prince." And it's in this moment he realizes what he is doing. He kisses the back of his neck before whispering "I love you".
"I love you too prince Renjun." He makes quick work of carrying him out and gently sets him in the hall once the door is closed. Renjun locks it with his key and they head out together.

By the next day he is feeling like he's ready to get back to some sense of normalcy. He's happy to be working again and even if he won't admit it yet, he's happy he works close to Jeno. Mark and Taeyong are lovely to work for too. He's working as administrative assistant to all of them. He was informed that there may be occasions where he is pulled aside by any one of them for specific duties and they are all quickly becoming like family to him anyway so he doesn't mind a bit.

Of course Jeno pops out on occasion to just to see his face and say hello. Renjun didn't know vampires could be this clingy, not that he doesn't love it. Of course Renjun didn't know vampires at all before. He's decided to take it upon himself and try and research the topic but he only gets stupid myths that aren't true.  He figures it will probably be better to get his answers from the ones he actually knows instead.

Today the three bosses decide to take Renjun out to lunch. He's excited to get to spend time with all of them, and of course happy that they get a booth and he gets to sit close to his Jeno.
"So Mark told me you all had an interesting weekend. He said he heard love confessions from you two?" Jeno tilts his head and raises his brow at Mark.
"I didn't know our saying I love you was such a hot topic but yeah, it may have been said a few times." Jeno says while squeezing Renjun's thigh. Taeyong giggles.
"We're just happy for you both. You make a sweet couple, and we're happy that you are happy. Ooh, also I heard you all are going to the ball? I'm so excited. It sucks that I'll be the only single one there but you can all be my wingmen. I've decided to try and move on finally so I'm going to find me a man." Renjun smiles softly and touches Taeyong's hand.
"We've got your back, don't worry." Mark and Jeno both nod in agreement.

"Speaking of that, we are taking an extended lunch tomorrow, if needed. I made an appointment at that men's store a few blocks down for Renjun's suit." Renjun frowns.
"Appointment? That sounds like an expensive place? We can just go to a department store." Jeno shakes his head no.
"Now come on, you said I can do this and besides I know how you are and you will be too self conscious the whole time if everyone else is wearing something expensive and I want you to feel like the prince you are." Renjun sighs in defeat, he knows he is right and would be self conscious the whole time.
"Fine." He pouts making all of them coo.
"I'm buying Haechan a suit too and I can tell you, it's not out of pity or anything. It's because I love him and want him to feel special and I'm sure Jeno feels the same."

The lunch soon ends and the three head back talking about random things. Renjun loves how welcome they make him feel as a coworker, friend and family.