Luffy's Culinary Surprise

Luffy heads to the ship, leaving Nami and the rest of the crew behind as he tries to sort through his emotions. Nami tries to chase after him, but Zoro intervenes and tells her to stay put.

Zoro: He needs some time alone.

He says this firmly and without hesitation, indicating just how serious the situation is.

Nami: I said too much, didn't I?

Her voice is soft and remorseful, as she now realizes the severity of the situation and the impact her words had on Luffy.

Zoro: Yeah... I'm surprised that he hasn't killed himself yet...

.  ・  。  .  ・  ゜✭  ・  .  ・  ✫  ・  ・    。  .

Time skip team Luffy is on the ship, they set sail towards Whole Cake Island. Luffy sits alone by himself on the sunny's head, staring at the sea, still reeling from the emotional aftermath of his conversation with Nami.

Nami: Hey...Luffy...

Luffy: Hmmm....

Nami: I'm sorry...I didn't know, about what you were going through...

Luffy: It's okay... Come here, sit down.

He pats his lap, inviting Nami to sit there with him. He's trying to help her understand that he wants her to be there with him even though he feels terrible about his past being revealed to her.

Nami: Alright...

She takes his invitation, sitting down gently on his lap. It's clear that Luffy is seeking comfort right now, and needs the presence of someone he can trust at his side. As Nami sits on his lap, he hugs her waist, putting his head on her shoulder.

Luffy: I'm sorry for yelling at you...

Nami: No, it's alright. I'm the one who's sorry...

Luffy: Don't worry about it, okay?

Nami: But I didn't know...about....She starts to tear up.

Luffy: Shhh, no need to cry...Just stay with me for a while.

Suddenly, Nami's stomach rumbles, and she seems embarrassed by this sudden intrusion. She tries to hide her embarrassment, but Luffy notices and giggles in response.

Luffy: Are you hungry?

Nami: Yeah...she says, her face turning red with embarrassment.

Luffy: What do you want to eat?

He looks up at her, and a hint of excitement slips into his voice as he asks her this.

Nami: Pasta! But who is gonna make it, we don't have a cook! Damn it, I knew I was forgetting about something.

She says this with a playful annoyance, as she realizes they do not have a cook and the task will have to be delegated to someone else.

Luffy: I can cook.

He says this with a confident smile on his face, and Nami raises an eyebrow in surprise.

Nami: You can?

She says this while raising an eyebrow in surprise, still not sure of Luffy'll be able to cook for her and the rest of the crew. He seems pretty confident in his abilities though, so she's willing to see how well he can handle it.

Luffy: Don't believe me? Come watch me cook!

He says this defiantly, wanting to prove that he can cook. Nami rolls her eyes and follows him to the kitchen area to watch him cook up a meal for the crew.

Luffy: First things first, let me wear the apron.

He says this while taking out a small apron and putting it on.

Luffy: What do you think? Do I look good?

He says this while striking a pose, smiling confidently as he sports the apron.

Nami: Yeah. She giggles.

Luffy: Alright! Lets get started!

Nami watches as Luffy whips up a gourmet dish for not just Nami, but the rest of the crew, too. He even looks at recipes, trying out his own version of the dish with ingredients that Nami likes most. While taking his time to make sure everything is perfect, Luffy adds bonus touches like fresh herbs and parmesan cheese to take the aroma and flavor to new heights. In the end he serves up a meal of delicious pasta, complete with extra additions to give it an even more aromatic and flavorful profile. He serves the dish to nami first.

Luffy: Here, try it!

He says this enthusiastically, with the plate of pasta in his hands. Nami smells his dish, and she can't deny that it smells delicious. She takes a bite, and her eyes light up as she savors the food in her mouth.

Nami: Oh my god, this is  delicious! I cant believe that you made this!!

She says this with a smile on her face, as she appreciates the meal that Luffy made for her and the crew.

Luffy: Now you're gonna tell the crew that you made this with Sanji's recipes.

Nami: Why?

Luffy: Because I dont want to seem good at everything.

He says this with a wink, wanting to downplay his skills at cooking. Nami laughs in response, as she appreciates his modesty.

Nami: Okay... But when did you learn to cook?

She asks this curiously, wanting to know when Luffy was trained in the kitchen. Luffy puts her hair behind her ear, brushing it gently with his fingers.

Luffy: I have been trained in everything, my dear. As far as cooking, you learn to cook when you spend so much time alone in the jungle... I learnt some recipes from Makino, too.

He says this with a smile on his face, gently brushing Nami's hair.

Nami: And who is Makino??

She says this, her face turning a little pink, as she suddenly feels a little jealous at hearing the name of a woman come from his mouth. This is the first time she's heard of Makino, and she's curious to know more about Luffy's relationship with this mysterious woman.

Luffy: Why do you want to know?

He says this while grinning teasingly, wanting to mess with her a little bit. He knows that she's feeling jealous of this "Makino", and he finds it amusing to keep her in the dark about who she is.

Nami: Because I'm your girlfriend, and I should know about every woman in your life.

Luffy: Don't be jealous, honey~ He kisses her lips, licking off the pasta sauce on her lips. Nami blushes.

Luffy: Um! Your right this pasta is good.

Nami: Don't try to change the subject Luffy.

Luffy: Makino is a woman from my village that I see as a mother figure.

Nami: Ohhh~ She feels embarrassed.

Luffy: Want more pasta?

Nami: Yes please!

Luffy: Will you please serve it to the crew?

He says this, implying that he wants Nami to take credit for the pasta that he cooked.

Nami: Alright.

Luffy: I'll go call the crew. Serve it, please. He says as he hands Nami the plate of pasta.

.  ・  。  .  ・  ゜✭  ・  .  ・  ✫  ・  ・    。  .

To be continued