Dreams and Comfort

. ・ 。 . ・ ゜✭ ・ . ・ ✫ ・ ・ 。 .

Luffy: Let's freeze it, so that Sanji can cook it for us when we get him back.

Chopper: Okay!

He seems excited to follow Luffy's plan, and is glad that they have a way of preserving the fish. Chopper follows Luffy's instructions, and puts the fish in the freezer so that it can be saved for later when Sanji returns to cook for the crew.

Luffy: I'll be in my room if you guys need me.

He says this with a slightly tired tone, and seems like he might take a break. He probably wants to relax for a while, and get some rest after his cleaning work in the kitchen. He doesn't want to be bothered, so he's going back to his personal room, where he can peacefully rest and recharge.

Nami: Luffy, are you okay?

She looks over at him with a concerned expression, as his tone sounded a bit tired and exhausted. She seems to be checking on his wellbeing, as she's worried that he might be overworked and tired after cooking and cleaning the kitchen.
Luffy smiles and nods, reassuring Nami that he's fine. He says that he just wants to take a bit of time to relax, and that he's going to be in his room for a bit. Nami understands and seems relieved to hear that he's doing okay, and she appreciates his reassurance.

Luffy: I might take a pill to fall asleep...

He says this with a casual tone, and seems to want to take the time to rest and sleep for a while. He says he might take a pill to help him sleep, and sounds like he just wants to relax and catch up on some sleep after his long day of work. Nami looks over at him for a moment, and then nods. She lets him know that he should take his time and get some rest, and that she will be fine watching over the rest of the crew.

Nami: It's okay, you need a rest. I'll handle everything.

She reassures Luffy that he should go and get his rest, and that she will take care of everything for the time being. She is grateful to him for his hard work, and wants to make sure that he can get enough rest. She also seems to want to assure him that everything will be fine, and that he doesn't need to worry about any of the tasks for right now.

Luffy: Thanks, Nami!

. ・ 。 . ・ ゜✭ ・ . ・ ✫ ・ ・ 。 .

Time skip

A few hours later, Luffy was sound asleep in his room.

Meanwhile, Nami and Chopper were preparing dinner.

Nami: Alright, Chopper. I think we're done here.

Chopper: Okay, Nami!

They both finished up the last bits of cooking, and Nami walks towards Luffy's room. She knocks on the door, but doesn't receive an answer. She decides not to wait any longer, and enters the room anyways. She sees that Luffy is fast asleep, and her expression softens as she looks at him. She realizes that he must be feeling tired after all the work he did in the kitchen, and she feels sympathetic towards him. She walks up to his bed, and gently lays a blanket over him, hoping to make him comfortable and warm while he's sleeping.

Suddenly, Nami hears luffy whimper in his sleep upon closer inspection there are a few tears rolling down his face.

Nami looks over at Luffy with a slightly worried expression as his whimpers and tears indicate that he's having a bad dream. She comes closer to him to comfort him in his sleep, and places her hand gently on his head. She starts to stroke his hair soothingly, and tries to whisper reassuring words in the hopes that it will help him to feel better.

Nami: It's okay, it's okay... I'm here... You're safe here... It's alright...

Luffy continues to whimper and tears roll down his face, but it seems as though the situation is gradually calming down. Nami hopes that her actions will help him to get back to a peaceful sleep.

Suddenly, Luffy's whimpers turn into loud sobs. He seems to be struggling with a particularly horrifying nightmare.

Nami tries to talk to Luffy in a soothing tone, to try to wake him up gently, but it seems to be of little effect.

Nami: Luffy, I'm here... I'm right here... Don't worry... I'm right here with you... Are the pills losing their effects...?

Suddenly, Luffy jolts awake and starts breathing heavily, as he seems to be startled from the dream he's just woken up from. Nami hugs him.

Nami: It's okay, it's okay. It was just a nightmare.

She tries to reassure Luffy, as he seems a bit confused and scared from what he just saw. She wants to make sure that he forgets about the dream, and that he's safe now. Her tone is gentle, and she looks at him with a slightly worried expression. Luffy still seems to be a bit disoriented as he just woke up from a nightmare.

Luffy: Na-Nami....

Luffy hugs Nami back tightly, as he seems to want support and comfort from her. He clings onto Nami tightly, and seems a bit relieved to be in her embrace. She hugs Luffy back, and strokes his hair in a comforting gesture. Luffy is trying to find security and trust in Nami, and feels safe when she's hugging him. Her affection helps him to calm down, and to relax after the nightmare he had.

Slowly, Luffy's breathing returns to normal, as he relaxes in Nami's embrace. His grip on her tightens, as he hugs her back tightly. He seems relieved to be in her warm embrace, and to have her comfort while he's still uneasy from the effects of the nightmare. Nami continues to stroke his hair gently, and whispers in a soothing tone as she tries to help Luffy calm down and return to a normal state.

Nami: Feel better now?

Luffy: Yeah... Thanks. I love you.

He smiles slightly as he looks up at Nami, and seems grateful for her comfort and affection. He seems to have calmed down completely, and now looks more relaxed as he smiles at her. He returns her affection, and says that he loves her as well.

Nami: I love you too. Would you like to have dinner?

As she smiles at Luffy, she suggests that they should have dinner. She seems to want to move on from the nightmare, and have a nice meal together to relax after the day's work and stress. She's also hoping to lighten the mood, and get Luffy out of his negative feelings from the nightmare.

Luffy: Yeah but who cooked, I was supposed to do that?

He says this in a slightly confused tone, as he looks at Nami with a puzzled expression.

Nami: I did!

Luffy: You can cook??

. ・ 。 . ・ ゜✭ ・ . ・ ✫ ・ ・ 。 .

To be continued