Chapter 13: Revenge

*Author's Note: Whoo, this chapter is MESSY!!! I absolutely love this part of the story, I don't know why... I just like how crazy it gets. Me being me, I find it funny that today is December 13th, and I'm uploading Chapter 13. My humor's broken... Anyway, happy reading!*

Jayla's POV: About an hour before

I haven't been getting better. I've been lying to everyone, saying I'd follow Essence's plan, but I haven't.

"Lala, something's up. You still haven't come back to school. You're--" Trey started as he entered the house.

"I've told you so many times, I'm fine. And I've decided I'm coming back to school tomorrow." I sighed.

"Okay, but you're still not fine. I can see it. You know you can talk to me about anything." He comforted.

"Fine, Trey, I'm not fine! I'm still forcing myself to eat. Hannah's still attacking me about this shit. I'm not okay." I sobbed.

Trey faced me with open arms as he hugged me. Then the door flew open.

"Are you seriously comforting her right now? Do you not see how sick she looks? She--" Hannah started.

"Nah, I'mma stop you right there. She doesn't look sick at all. You're the sick one. What the fuck is wrong with you, you fucking dick?" Trey interrupted.

"Jayla, you brought some ghetto ass kid into my house? Now you got him lying to you about how disgusting you look--" She started.

I pushed her onto the ground, then I remembered what was behind her... The stairs.

"O-O-Oh my gosh." I gasped.

"Is she dead? Please tell me she's dead." Trey whined.

I scoffed as I ran down the stairs. She wasn't dead, but she was unconscious. I quickly picked up my phone and called 9-1-1. Trey was just chilling, but I was scared. The ambulance finally came, then I called my dad as Trey drove us to the hospital. Dad was mad, but I told him she fell, not that I pushed her.

"B-Babe, are you gonna be okay here by yourself? There's an emergency with the gang, and I gotta go, but I'll stay if you want me to." He started.

"No, no, you can go. I'll be fine. I'll text you with updates." I replied.

Syd's POV: A couple minutes before...

"This was fun. We never really go out anymore." I grinned, intertwining my hand with Eli's.

We were at the mall, we just watched a movie and had dinner.

"You're right. We gotta get out more." He chuckled.

I started getting a weird feeling in my stomach.

"You know the feeling you get when something bad's gonna happen?" I started.

"Are you feeling it?" He asked.

I nodded, and his eyes widened.

"Me too. M-M-Maybe we should hurry home." He replied.

Just as we entered the car, my phone rang. I answered and heard a bunch of blabbering, then I almost dropped my phone in shock.

"Babe, what is it?" He asked.

I turned to him slowly as I let out a shaky breath.

"I-I-It's Essence. We gotta get to the hospital." I whispered.

Essence's POV: About two hours later

I opened my eyes to bright lights surrounding me, pain in my entire body, then I weakly looked at someone who was sitting down in a chair next to me, crying and trembling. I jumped a bit.