Chapter 18: Three's Company

~ Trigger Warning: Disordered Eating ~

*Author's Note: This chapter has practically everyone's point of view. So much goes on, I hope you like it! Don't forget to vote, please!*

Essence's POV: As Daniel enters the room

"Essence, what is this?" Daniel asked, looking around the room.

"W-W-Well, things between us are pretty rocky, I've been meaning to talk to you about all of this, b-but I'm not that good with talking about my feelings, s-s-so I wrote you a song." I explained.

"This better be good." He scoffed.

My jaw dropped.

"I'm joking, I'm joking. I love hearing you sing. Go ahead." He chuckled, getting comfy next to me on the couch.

I started strumming my guitar and singing the song. It felt so easy singing about my feelings rather than speaking about it. I made it through the first verse, then Daniel started singing his own lyrics to the melody. I continued playing and listened to the lyrics. He was responding to my lyrics, and he was lowkey feeling the same way. Oh my gosh, I feel like I'm in Disney. We sang the chorus together, but he sang it his own way, and it sounded amazing. I felt like crying tears of joy. When we finished, our faces were so close, I could feel his breath shaking. So was mine.

"Essence?" He started.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"Can I kiss you?" He questioned.

I quickly pulled him by his shirt and kissed him, not giving us any time to breathe. In that fleeting moment, time seemed to stand still. The surrounding air hummed with a subtle energy, a spark reigniting between us, weaving its way into the very fabric of our being. It was a kiss that mended broken pieces, a kiss filled with the promise of a fresh start.

We breathlessly pulled away, our eyes locking in an unspoken agreement. There was a newfound understanding, a silent vow to cherish what we had rekindled.

"I've been wanting to do that for so long." He admitted, twirling some of my braids.

"Me too." I grinned, snuggling up against him.

"So now what happens?" He asked.

"I think we should take things slow. I mean, even though we've already been together, we gotta ease back into this. Oh, and I don't think we should tell the others yet." I said.

"Why not? They've been wanting us to stop fighting for the longest time." He whined.

"I know, but they didn't expect us to get back together. They just expected us to stop fighting." I giggled.

"I don't want to hide our relationship." He mumbled.

"Okay... Then we won't hide it. I-I-It was just an idea." I stammered.

He put his forehead on mine.

"I was so scared things were fully over between us," He whispered.

"Me too. Wait a minute-- with the song... did you come up with that on the spot?" I questioned.

"No... yesterday I went through the notebook. I wanted to know what you wouldn't show me. I thought you were writing like some letter or something saying that you were kicking me out or something and too scared to say it to my face. Then when I realized you were writing me a song, I thought to myself, 'what's something Essence loves that could help me win her back?' Then I remembered... you love those cute/cringey Disney moments. So I wrote responses to your song. " He explained.