Chapter 39: A Clash Of Worlds

*Author's Note: Ah, this story is almost over! I'd say there will be less than ten chapters left (It's 78 pages on the Google Doc, so I'm guessing 3-6 more). With CSA, I don't know how long it'll be before finishing that since I'm actually still writing that one... Once I finish uploading Essence and eventually finish uploading Coral Springs Academy, I'll probably take a break from uploading to finish my other projects. I have four more stories/series that I want to upload, but I have to edit them... and actually finish them. I've realized I probably should've waited until I finished writing before uploading to avoid something like this happening... but oh well!*

Let's skip to the day I was forced to hang out with those obsessed freaks. We had a half day, so we all went to the mall.

"Hey, baby." Myles grinned as he wrapped his arms around me.

"I can't believe I'm doing this." I grumbled.

"Essence, it'll be fine. I'm here, the guys are here, it'll be calm." He comforted.

The guys and Zenoviah greeted me, while Andrea and Karina gave me dirty looks. I sneered at them before sitting down.

"You guys need to clear the air. Essence is going to be around more often, and it's going to be annoying as fuck if you guys just mean mug her the entire time. Y'all are too old to be acting so damn childish." Myles said.

"Myles, she's broken your heart once before. You can't blame us for being defensive." Karina pleaded.

"Well, I'm blaming y'all. She didn't 'break my heart'. Yeah, I had a crush on her then, I'll admit, I was in the wrong too. I knew she had a boyfriend, but I still made the first move. When she and her ex broke up the first time, she told me she didn't want to start anything yet because she was of course still in love with him, and deep down she knew they'd be getting back together, but you know, I kept on pushing. Yeah, I was a bit hurt, but that was on me, because I was in denial that she'd go back to him." Myles snapped.

"Gosh, now you're defending her bullshit. She's completely manipulated you, Myles. She's going to break your heart again. We're just looking out for you." Karina sighed as she held his hand.

I quickly smacked her hand away.

"Listen to me, you little bitch. I'm not manipulating him, if anything, you are, you fucking obsessed whore. This is our relationship, not yours. He is my boyfriend, and not yours. So stay the fuck out of it. As Myles' friend, you should support him. As long as he's happy and safe, that's all that should matter. You're only doing this because you like him, well guess what, he don't want you, never has, never will, so move on, and stop trying to wedge your way into this relationship, 'cause I'm not going anywhere." I snarled.

She stormed off. Andrea followed. I sighed as I buried my head in my hands.

"That went well." Zane chuckled.

"I knew this would be a mess." I scoffed.

"They're just being little bitches. They'll get over it." Myles comforted.

"Oh, they're not getting over it. Andrea's been following Karina around for years. You think suddenly she's going to stop? And Karina, she's also liked you for a while, knowing you're not interested in her, and being around your girlfriends. They're just gonna always be like this," Brendan explained.

"What if you set Karina up with a guy? Take her mind off Myles. Maybe that could work." I suggested.

"That's a good idea, but Karina has a poor attitude. Not many guys are going to want to be around her." Tyrell answered.