Eda's Requiem

The scene opens on a checklist Eda's looking over in her room. It reads, "New coat for Luz", "Check itchy boy", "Pay water bill", "Clean Hooty (?)", "New Hoodie for Yuuya" and "Burn old dress".

Eda: Luz needs a new coat. King needs to be checked for fleas, Yuuya needs a new Hoodie. Am I missing anything? [looks at her reflection] Oh, you've changed, Owl Lady. [takes a photo of her with her apprentice, her Son and friend at Grom and looks at it] It's worth it. "She said before grabbing another picture of her younger self with her Husband, Shuichi kitaoka and their 3 infants, 2 boys and 1 girl."

Luz: [outside] And three, and four, and five, and six, and seven, and eight, and nine, and ten!

Yuuya: [Simultaneously] Ichi, Ni, San, shi, go, Roku, Shichi, Hachi, Kyuu, Juu!

King: [simultaneously] And weh, and weh, and weh, and weh, and weh, and weh, and weh, and weh!

Eda opens her window and smiles as she looks down and sees Luz and King doing pull-ups on her staff in midair while Yuuya was Doing Push-ups.

Luz: Alright, King. What's the first thing you're going to do when you meet your dad?

Yuuya: and Thirty, Whew. [sits up] are you excited, king?

King: And ten thousand! Well, once we're done training, I'm gonna move out of that closet, that's for sure. Then, I'm going to ugly cry. Hard!

Yuuya: Have you told Mom about your decision to le--?

King: Shh!

They hear a noise and looks up. Eda's window is closed. The witch herself is crouching under the window frame.

King: [Outside] I-I'm not ready yet. I'm not sure how she'll react.

Yuuya: [Outside] Don't worry, King. I'm sure she'll happy with your decision.

Eda: [Sighs] Everyone's leaving, [Walks up to her desk] huh? Even King. [Picks up the photo] I guess I'm no substitute for the real thing.

Eda crouches doen opens her trunk to place the photo in and spots her old lute with a raincloud and bolt carved into it. She stuffs the photo in her hair and picks the lute up.

Eda: Welp, nothing like a good distraction.

Eda starts playing a song, as a salmon aura like magic spreads across her room, making everything around her float in midair.

Eda: [Gasps] Has my magic returned?

She doesn't the black gem on her chest glow white and a boot is inveloped by darkness. She stops playing and letting everything fall back to the ground.

Eda: Oh, guess not. Stupid curse.

Eda puts the lute back in the trunk and returns to her list. Behind her, a plant starts to turn black and corrode.

Luz, Yuuya, and King are standing on the edge of a cliff, Eda's staff in Luz's hand while Yuuya hopped onto his Rideshooter. They fall and fly over the water, maneuvering past several rocks then flying so the sun obscures them while Yuuya drives below them as his Rideshooter floats. Back with Eda, she's dressed for the day and moved to the living room with her scroll showing the news.

Announcer: And we're back live at the emperor's castle! In light of Scooter Crane's retirement, today's ceremony will confirm Raine Whispers as the next head of the Bard Coven.

Raine: Do I have to be on camera?

Darius: For Titan's sake, just say something.

Raine: [pulls down hood, faces the camera] Uh, I am honored to work with Emperor Belos in preparation for the day of uni-bee. Uh, I mean, uni- ly! I mean, uh-oh no, this is going all wrong. Get me outta here! [runs off]