Knock, Knock, Knockin' On Hooty's Door.

We started the chapter outside of Owl House as Hooty bangs his head against a typewriter.

Hooty: [Narrating] Dearest Lulu, I hope this letter finds you well, and that you're enjoying your time with your parents. I'm writing to let you know, that I am a genius!

Flashback:

Hooty was stretching his neck over to the mailbox at night. He takes outs Lilith's letter from it and places it on a rock.

Hooty: When I wrote you last, I was in the throes of a malaise. That's when I got your letter!

Lilith: [Narrating] Hello, Hootsifer. Your letter concerned me. You write of feeling unimportant while Luz, Dear Yuuya, Eda and King are off on adventures.

Hooty looks quite saddened by her concern and looks up to see his friends' silhouettes in Eda's room, Luz leaving with King in her arms, Yuuya walking next to her with Buffa on his shoulders before Eda turns off the light.

Lilith: But, Hooty, you are the Owl House. You take care of everyone inside you. If that isn't a worthy purpose, then what is?

Hooty coos softly with a tear in his eye.

Cut to him open the door to the living room.

Hooty: How we doin', Hoot House?

Everyone are situated on the couches. Luz and Yuuya lays on the green couch together, looking to the echo mouse with a somber look. Eda has her face pressed up against a peice of paper on the red couch. King was watching at the Crystal ball.

King: Can you keep it [Voice crack] down? [Adjusts his voice] Down! [Does it again] Down! Why does this keep happening?

Hooty: [Approaches King] Sounds like our little demon is becoming a "de-man"!

King: [Pushes Hooty away] Ugh! Why does that sound so wrong coming from [Voice cracks again] you? You! [Unintelligible angry noise] I am done with this!

King hops down from the couch and runs off.

Hooty: Hahaha! [To Eda] Those teens, eh? Their moods change like the wind.

Eda lowers the paper she's holding up, revealing the shadows under her eyes, which are being kept open with clothespins and her eyes red and dried up.

Hooty: [taken aback] Whoa!

Eda: I'm freaking out, Hooty. Belos is planning something big, and I'm weaker than a newborn witchling. If I wanna protect you guys, [Grabs all her books and papers in her arms] I have to train as hard as I can to get strong! No rest!

Hooty: But every time you overwork yourself, you turn into the Owl Beast!

Eda: I said no rest!

Eda blows an air horn and leaves, irritating Yuuya and Luz.

Luz: Can you please be quiet? You're scaring the echo mouse. And if he's not happy, me and Yuuya will never make our way into Amity's heart. [Realizes what she just said, a flush spreads across her face] I mean make a portal back home.

Yuuya: [Sits up] Yes, the portal and also I need to train to harder in order to prepare to face Belos too. [Holds out his Advent Deck] I need to be in tip top shape if I'm going to protect you guys and Amity-senpai.

Realizing what he said, his face glows bright red and not just the red stripes on his face.

Yuuya: Uh, I mean Everyone I love.

Luz: [Picks up the terrarium and stands] Hey Yuuya! Maybe we should take this to our bedroom!

Yuuya: [Turns to her] Good idea!