Chapter 20

Judy

"We're not getting married Judy, it's just an engagement and it's not even anytime soon" he explained looking at me and I just shook my head.

"It doesn't matter Andre, we can't even change it, apparently my parents have sealed my fate" I say and he just sigh out passing me the blunt, i take another drag, already feeling it's effect on me, it's Andre's weed, it's always strong.

"I just can't do it Andre" I whisper

"You realize you're not the only one in this right? I'm also being forced to get married to you Judy" he said making me look at him in shock "yes Judy, apparently I can't say no either, else my dad will not hand down his company to me, look why don't we just calm down, we'll figure something out" he says putting his hand around my shoulder.

"Hey worse comes to worse, you'll be stuck with your best friend" he says with a chuckle and I crack up a smile.
"It's okay Judy, it's just a contract, I'm sure we can work something around it, we still have enough time to find a way out of this" he whispers and I nod before hugging him

He chuckles wrapping his hands around me
"Hey, why don't you say we finish this and go to bed"? He asks and I nod before taking the weed from him again.

He's right, we can do this.
I may not want to get married to him but at least I can try to work something out with him over the contract, he's my best friend, he wouldn't want me to be unhappy.

Andre is not that bad but I just can't picture him as anything other than my best friend.
That's all he's ever been to me.

And I'm pretty sure he feels that way too, it'll be so fucking weird if we end up as husband and wife.
Just thinking about it is giving me chills

"Are we going to tell the others"? I ask and he breathes out before dropping the blunt on the floor

"We have to, we should, it's the right thing to do, who knows, they might even come up with an idea for us to settle this on neutral agreement" he says looking at me and I nod.

"Okay, but damn it'll be so weird if we ever end up as husband and wife, I can't even imagine what it'll be like" I mutter cringing at how awkward it'll be like

He just starts laughing before standing up and dusting off his hands, he stretches it for me to take and I take it.
"Come on, it's getting colder, let's go inside"
He mutters before we both walk towards the ladder and climb down into my room.

________________________________________

We were at our usual spot in school, we just finished class, Andre and I were the last to join them, we left his parents house early this morning because we still had class this morning.

They were all chattering and talking, except for myself, Jordan and Andre.
The rest were talking and drinking their soda.

Andre and I agreed to tell them today, preferably now
But I was fucking nervous
I looked at Andre and he smiled

"Are you ready"? He whispered and I nodded

"Yeah, I am" I tell him swallowing hard, before looking at them all, Jordan wasn't looking at me, since yesterday we haven't spoken to each other or even seen each other.

"Guys" Andre's voice stopped all their conversation, Abby was sitting close to him, with Adrianna beside me and Kayla beside her, Sam and Jordan we're sitting directly in front of us.
"We have something we wanna tell you guys" he said looking at me

"Please don't tell me one of you is dying"? Sam says making me roll my eyes at him

"No Sam, nobody is dying" I muttered looking at my fingers on my laps.