XI - Tomlinson

XI - Tomlinson

We talked, we talked about random things; like our favorite TV shows, our favorite dessert. She told me more about her time in Nepal and I told her about my two sisters in Doncaster. A pair of empty plates and forks were lying beside, but no attention was given as the two of us simply talked.

I was trying, trying my best to be a likeable guy and not the unapproachable douche that I normally was.

"Make her laugh, girls feel more at ease with those who make them laugh."

Harry's advice was my guideline, I'd make subtle jokes here and there and she'd giggle. This adorable laugh that'd force a smile on my own lips. She has this peculiar laugh, a laugh that's loud, but not too much; bubbly, but not too much.

Time wasn't something we'd kept in mind untill I looked at my wrist watch and it was almost eleven-thirty.

"I should go now." I suggest, "'s getting late."

She nods, tugging the long sleeved sweater further up to her knuckles. "It was nice having you here." She smiles gently.

"I was nice being here." I reply. I don't really know why, but for a few seconds, we stay, looking at each other's eyes. Do I give her a hug or a handshake or just leave? Is she thinking the same?

The silence is interrupted when the sound of marimba rings from her pocket. "Pardon." She excuses herself, quickly standing up to take her phone out. I patiently wait, standing idly.

"Hello?... Nikki, is that you?... Are you okay?... alright I'm coming... Nikki... You idiot! Where's he place?... Okay fine." there was a deep frown on her forehead when she shoved her phone back inside her pocket.

"Everything okay?"

She sighed, her shoulders slumping down. "Nikki's drunk off her minds at this club and Sounth London and apparently none of her co-worekers are there and I need to pick her up." She brings her fist to her eye, rubbing it like a child. Damn! The girl is too cute for my own good. "I'm not even in the mood to drive right now. Ugh! She owes me one." She huffs.

"I can drive." I offer.

"What? No, it's fine. It's already late. I'll do it." She quickly declines.

"Aurora, it's fine. You'll need help handling her. And I won't be long. We can just pick her up, and I'll drop the two of you here and then I'm off." She frowns, contemplating whether she should take the offer or not. "Rory... it's not much trouble, I swear."

"Okay, I guess. Let's go."

And soon enough, we're in my car making our ways to the club she named. The whole ride was silent, me focusing on the road and her looking outside the window.

We'd reached a red light, I look across to see the side of her head pressed against the window pane. The streets light being the only source of light illuminating the car. She had a stagnant expression holding her face, eyes blatantly staring outside.

A pretty thing she is...

Soon, we're parked outside the club. "You wait right here, I'll get her." She opens the door.

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I'll be back soon." She says before rushing out and pushing the door shut in the process. And I wait... tapping my index against the steering wheel. The club looks ratchet, the kind that I'd visit frequently. I sit there, waiting and it's almost fifteen minutes and she's still not back.

Shit! Maybe I shouldn't have let her go alone.

This is a club for fucks sake! It's normal for me to get worried... I mean, she's pregnant... Fuck it, I'll have to go see.