XXXIV - Atkins

XXXIV - Atkins

I run my hand one more time over the barely noticeable bump, smiling at myself. You wouldn't know that I'm about to have a baby, you'd just think I'd gained a few pounds. Hell there are times even I'd doubt if I really am pregnant. It all feels so surreal. God, I'm going to be a mum!

"Ror! Are you done admiring your tummy!" I turn around to see my blonde friend glaring at me, "I thought we were shopping for you and I'm the only one actually looking through stuff." She huffs, fairly frustrated.

I can't blame her, I've been distracted with everything and my mind is barely at its place anymore. When you have a full time job with a baby inside of you and you're missing the love of your life and at the same time you're pissed at him, things can get a bit overbearing.

"Seriously? You're zoning out in every five seconds! I'm leaving!"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." I turn to her, offering an apologetic smile. "There was just a lot in my mind."

She frowns at me, and I can't help but squirm in the scrutiny of her gaze. It's like she can see can see right through me. "You're still mad at him, aren't you?"

"I just... he could've just been here! And I miss him so much."

"Rory..." she places the pile of clothes we'd selected on a shelf beside her before walking over to me, "He'll be back for this weekend, let it be." She rubs my arm a bit to comfort me, but my mind is too far-fetched right now.

"Nikki, is it bad if I feel like he's choosing his career over me?" I'm instantly reminded of how he told me that he'd choose me over everything without a second thought. But I can't help it. He says he misses me a lot, and he could've done something about it last weekend. But he chose to stay over something he could've easily done any other day.

"Do you realise how stupid you sound?" she yells. She rolls her eyes as if I'd just said the most unbelievable thing. "Do you even see how much the lad loves you? He'd take a fucking bullet for you!"

"I just-"

"You're just horny because you haven't had sex in a while."

"Nikki! Ew!"

'What? Admit it. It's been a while and you're tired of your fingers." She walks back to the pile of clothes and I'm left there with an open mouth.

"You're disgusting."

+ + + + +

"Honey, I'm home!" Nikki chimes, hands full with shopping bags that carry my clothes for the future tummy as we enter Liam's flat.

"Hey gorgeous!" He smiles at her. Ugh! I wanna barf. Why did I think they were cute again?

"Gosh! It's like you don't even see me!" I huff, ignoring the loved up couple and stomping to Liam's kitchen. "I'm starving." I tell him before I open the fridge to grab an apple for myself and walk back to them.

"Let's order Korean takeout and watch movies." Nikki snatches the apple from my hand before taking a bite and I'm left scowling at her. Bitch.

"Only if I get to choose the movie." Liam snatches the apple from her before taking a bite himself and throwing it at me. I catch it in mid-air giving him a grateful smile before devouring on it. I'm not letting anyone take this away from me.

"No way. You're just gonna watch another Harry Potter movie for the thousandth time." Nikki whines and I giggle.

"Then let me choose. I wanna watch the age of Ultron." I offer and Nikki roles her eyes at me.