XXXII - Atkins

XXXII - Atkins

A little advice; never ask a girl with a winged eye-liner why she's late for something. These things take ages to perfect.

Believe me, I'm pretty good at the foundation and eye-shadow and everything, but when it comes to eye-liner, I'm worse than a five yer old. Okay, maybe not that bad.

"Babe, you done?"

Louis appears at the door, looking dapper as ever in a white dress shirt paired with black suit, dress pants and a tie. He leans at the doorframe with folded arms looking at me with a sly smirk.

"Almost done." I tell him, filling in my eye-liner. Ugh! God, this is going to take ages!

"You look sexy." He walks behind me. I look at him through the mirror, unable to hide my smile as he places his hands on my waist, "I like the dress." He rubs his hands up and down on the material of my dress.

"Give it a couple more months and I wouldn't be able to fit into anything I own." I tell him, still tending to that bloody eye-liner.

"Well I still think you'd look sexy." He leans in, lips very close to my ear. As if I wasn't already having a hard time doing this. "I can't wait to see you with a baby bump." He whispers before pressing his lips against the shell of my ears.

Warmth soars into my entire being as he wraps his arms around me from behind, resting his palms on top of my tummy and his head in my shoulder.

I look at us in the mirror; both smiling radiantly; giddy and happy like a bunch of teenagers.

"I love you." I tell him, unable to hold it in. Lately, I find myself telling that to him a lot. But it doesn't seem enough. I want to tell him that I love him every living moment that we spend together. I just want him to know that I belong to him. I might be all 'I belong to no one' being the stuck up feminist I am. But I can't deny that I've given my entire being to him and him alone. I can't imagine what it would be like living without him. I can't.

Even though I say that phrase multiple times, it does't feel enough. I could learn every single language that exists in the world and I still wouldn't be able to put into words how I feel about him.

But that doesn't stop me from wishing though. I wish I could explain his eyes, and how the sound of his voice gives me butterflies, how his smile makes my heart skip a beat and how every time I'm with him, I'm complete.

"And I love you." He whispers before pressing a lingering kiss on my jaw, "very, very much."

Ah fuck the eye-liner.

I drop the stick on the table before turning around to wrap my arms around his neck to pull his lips upon mine.

And we kiss... Slow, languid... Like we have all the time in the world. And I swear it always feels like the first time, just keeps feeling better and better.

"Hmm..." He hums, resting his forehead on mine, bumping noses, "I like ruining your lipstick." He says rubbing his thumb right under my lips. I'm guessing he's wiping the lipstick he just smudged, "maybe we should just bail on the party."

I can't help the giggle as I swat his chest, pushing him away. "Stop being a cheese ball and wait outside. This is important for your career and we're not getting late."

I put a hand on his shoulder to turn him around so that his back faces me and give him a hard shove to push him away.

"Fine! I'm going!" He raises his hands in mock surrender before walking out.

I go back in my almost impossible quest of the winged eyeliner. Thankfully, it didn't take much longer.

I've to be careful when I walk downstairs. I've started feeling dizzy and lightheaded for the past few days. Dr Robins says it's normal in the begging of the third month. As long as I don't fall too hard and follow proper diet, there's no need to worry.